Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

As I said before, 'conspiracy' implies planning and coordination and except for things like the First Council of Nicaea, there was none.
There are parts of the NT that were intentionally inserted much later so I doubt they were genuine.
Of the thousands of manuscripts and fragments of manuscripts we have, none agree 100% but the vast majority of these are honest mistakes.
So the 40 something miracles performed by Christ are honest mistakes. How does that work? How did they make that mistake?

And now you deny Darwinian principles. Why do you believe religious beliefs continue to exist in such overwhelming numbers?
Man has an innate need to understand and control the world around him. Until recently his knowledge was not equal this desire. Why is it that highly educated countries tend to lessen the importance of their religions.

Man has an innate need to understand and control the world around him. Until recently his knowledge was not equal this desire. Why is it that highly educated countries tend to lessen the importance of their religions.
So you reject that religion provided a functional advantage? So why did it persist throughout the history of mankind?

Who perpetuated that untruth? Why did they do it?
Why does anyone perpetuate untruths? I could only speculate.

Why do people continue to insist that Uri Geller can bend spoons with his mind? Why does he continue to insist that he can do it? Same answers.

False. I would not need to know their exact reasons to argue that miracles are fake. Obviously.

Again, ding, I STRONGLY URGE you to read up on or to take an adult class in logic. These discussions with you devolve into mopping up your simple and egregious errors. Every time.
I strongly urge you guys to pick a lane. I'm using logic to destroy your argument.

Whether you want to accept it or not you believe there was a massive conspiracy.

False. I would not need to know their exact reasons to argue that miracles are fake. Obviously.

Again, ding, I STRONGLY URGE you to read up on or to take an adult class in logic. These discussions with you devolve into mopping up your simple and egregious errors. Every time.
If you are going to argue there was a conspiracy, then yes, you are going to have to explain who and why.

Hardly. Separation is best for Church, too. However that does not mean that people of faith have nothing to offer State.
You contradicted yourself before you even finished the sentence.

But yes, people of faith have something to contribute to the state as long as it's not Christian beliefs that are contradictory to the truths of modern science.

That's the reason why I quoted 'Dover vs. Kitzmiller on Intelligent Design. What could you possibly have in mind that wouldn't be common to atheists too, having to offer the state?

Any honest science class will neither dispute nor challenge a child's belief in the Genesis Creation stories and a good science class allowing for critical thinking--there can be no science without critical thinking--will include intelligent design as one theory of the development of the universe along with the Big Bang Theory and Darwin, none of which have to be mutually exclusive.
Much of science is impossible to teach unless it challenges Christian beliefs, and especially Genesis!

Christianity was built on the lack of understanding of nature and the natural world. That resulted in no need to separate the church and state because one didn't contradict the other.

But with Darwin publishing nearly 200 years ago, the contradictions appeared and that left the Christian religion with being forced to lie.
In fairness to the religious, they didn't begin with deliberate lies, but by the early 1900's that turned into deliberate lies, and then came attempts to excuse the words of the bibles as never being intended to be literally true.

And so, living in the belly of a big fish was perfectly feasible before Darwin, as one example.

Much of science is impossible to teach unless it challenges Christian beliefs, and especially Genesis!
Baloney. Science doesn't challenge ANYTHING. Science is a process of learning/exploring/obtaining information/improving its own data base. It asks questions yes. When questions or alternate theories are not allowed to be considered, you are not doing science but rather promoting dogma.

From a scientific viewpoint, the Genesis creation stories taken as metaphor/allegory which I do and intelligent design, Darwin and scientific theories on the origins of the universe can all co-exist quite peacefully.

Science does not challenge anything. Science looks for what is actual and true as much as is possible using the scientific method.

Forum List

Back