Separation of church and state?

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
So, where are the howling leftist mobs? Here we have a public school, supported by government funds, that is sponsoring an event specifically for and apparently limited to, one religious group. Not to mention the sexism on display when an entire gender group is prohibited from attending.

Muslim high school students organize girls-only prom | Daily Mail Online

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't begrudge them their prom. But, if these girls desire a special event just for them, then their families should all chip in and rent a nice (private) hotel ballroom, or maybe use the space in their neighborhood mosque. Then the event would be private and they could invite or exclude anyone they wanted and no one would have a complaint.

As it is, this event should not be permitted on public (school) property.

So, where are the howling leftist mobs? Here we have a public school, supported by government funds, that is sponsoring an event specifically for and apparently limited to, one religious group. Not to mention the sexism on display when an entire gender group is prohibited from attending.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't begrudge them their prom. But, if these girls desire a special event just for them, then their families should all chip in and rent a nice (private) hotel ballroom, or maybe use the space in their neighborhood mosque. Then the event would be private and they could invite or exclude anyone they wanted and no one would have a complaint.

The atheist female who started that SCOTUS issue was killed by one of her own employees.

It was an extremely brutal murder.

Karma too.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair - Wikipedia

The article doesn't say the alternative prom was limited to Muslims. It was, however, limited to girls.

The article doesn't say the alternative prom was limited to Muslims. It was, however, limited to girls.
The article billed it as a "Muslim girls only prom".

This year, they set up a Princess Prom GoFundMe page to help raise money for the event, gathering about $1,400 in donations.

About $2,000 was spent on food this year and the remainder goes toward other expenses, like renting the hall, decorations and paying the DJ.

"I've gained a lot of business management skills," Khanum said.

The five girls who started the prom developed a partnership General Motors, which provides a photo booth and operator each year free of charge.

The groups also reach out to major beauty supply brands to create and hand out swag bags filled with donated items. In the past, they received hairspray and shampoo from SexyHair, eye shadow palettes from Mary Kay, key chains and other gifts.

The school continues to host its traditional prom, but opens up the Princess Prom to any girls at the school who want to participate.

Each girl is also allowed to bring a guest from another school.

We now allow churches to be political organizations, there is no separation.

I knew it.

In the other thread about this, I posted that it must be a girls-only prom, since muslims aren't allowed to dance with boys, or date them.

Which means they'll also need a muslim boys only prom...

Which gives the teachers an excuse to bring in the Afghani dancing boys.

3556308100000578-3644291-image-a-2_1466062447693.jpg

So transgenders can attend?

I knew it.

In the other thread about this, I posted that it must be a girls-only prom, since muslims aren't allowed to dance with boys, or date them.

Which gives the teachers an excuse to bring in the Afghani dancing boys.

3556308100000578-3644291-image-a-2_1466062447693.jpg

Catholic priests come to mind.

No, they can't attend the girls' prom.

They can attend the boys' prom, if they are underaged, Afghani dancing boys.

Sure ya can.

Well then you will be happy to find out that this even was not held on public school property

It was held here:
PNA Banquet Hall & Club - Hamtramck, MI

And if you go to the school website- you would find that this event is not limited to one religious group- only limited to one gender.

While there might be an issue with that- I will point out that many schools have after school clubs(which this qualifies as) which are gender specific- such as "Girls that Code"

The atheist female who started that SCOTUS issue was killed by one of her own employees.

It was an extremely brutal murder.

Karma too.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair - Wikipedia

Wow......celebrating a brutal murder.....because the victim was an atheist......wow

Billed where?

Click here to support HHS Princess Project 2017 organized by Caitlin Drinkard

The Princess Project was started by a group of ambitious young women at Hamtramck High School in 2012 as a way for all girls in Hamtramck to be able to attend prom. Many girls in our community are not allowed to attend the traditional co-ed prom for various cultural and religious reasons, so these forward-thinking young women decided to take matters into their own hands and organized the first all-girls prom in Hamtramck. The dance was a smashing success and has become an important tradition at Hamtramck High School.

Since 2012, the "Princess Prom" has grown into a major event of the Hamtramck school year. In 2016 over 200 girls attended the dance. On this special night, the girls can let their hair down (literally and figuratively), are free to dress as they like, and have the freedom to dance the night away in a safe & comfortable environment. They are able to participate in this All-American rite of passage and celebrate the beauty of a supportive, inclusive sisterhood.

This year, the Princess Prom will be held on May 6 at a hall in Hamtramck. We are raising funds to secure the hall, hire a DJ, and pay for food and decorations.

Your donations are MUCH appreciated and will ensure that Princess Prom is a tradition that is carried on in Hamtramck for a long time!

No, they can't attend the girls' prom.

They can attend the boys' prom, if they are underaged, Afghani dancing boys.

Afghans aren't even in the top 5, but the US is:

Top Five Countries with Highest Rates of Child Prostitution

I knew it.

You seem pretty excited by the idea.

Not surprisingly- of course you are wrong again.

5 years now they have been holding their girls only prom.

No surprise- boys don't want their prom.

Forum List

Back