Sequestration: Blame Goes to Obama And Sperling says so!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
First I think this thread should stay here and NOT be moved if the Thread "Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP" still stays here!

The reason is THE THREAD "Sequestration: Blames Goes to the GOP" is a LIE!

Sperling Admits Obama Misled in Debate: The President Did Propose the Sequester
White House economic adviser Gene Sperling admits that, yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama's plan:
Sperling Admits Obama Misled in Debate: The President Did Propose the Sequester | The Weekly Standard

Obama said in the debates:
"First of all, the sequester is not something that I've proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen," Obama said. "The budget that we are talking about is not reducing our military spending. It is maintaining it."
PolitiFact | Barack Obama says Congress owns sequestration cuts

LIE!!!

600 comments about the BIGGEST F...kING lie "Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP"" and NOT one of even you conservatives evidently have the guts to support the truth.. I.E. Obama raised the question of sequestration first and then LIED in the debates UNTIL 4 months LATER and he is a chicken shit to admit it so he sends Sperling out to admit it!!

600 comments about the BIGGEST F...kING lie "Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP"" and NOT one of even you conservatives evidently have the guts to support the truth.. I.E. Obama raised the question of sequestration first and then LIED in the debates UNTIL 4 months LATER and he is a chicken shit to admit it so he sends Sperling out to admit it!!

You've missed some posts in other threads.

I've said that, and it IS true.

IMO BO is a pathological liar on ALL issues.

First I think this thread should stay here and NOT be moved if the Thread "Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP" still stays here!

White House economic adviser Gene Sperling admits that, yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama's plan:
Sperling Admits Obama Misled in Debate: The President Did Propose the Sequester | The Weekly Standard

"First of all, the sequester is not something that I've proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen," Obama said. "The budget that we are talking about is not reducing our military spending. It is maintaining it."

LIE!!!
You and the Weekly SubStandard are lying, as usual. It was Gregory who said the sequester was Obama's idea.

Sperling says 3 times that the sequester we have now of all spending cuts was the idea of the Republicans.

GENE SPERLING: We know, everyone knows, that the president wanted an enforcement mechanism that included revenues on the most well-off. The speaker insisted, the Republicans insisted that if this be an enforcement mechanism, that it be on all spending cuts. Because we were forced to do that, it is true we suggested going back to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings mechanism.

GENE SPERLING: But I think it's most accurate that they [the Republicans] did propose an all-spending cut mechanism that would have this type of harmful impact on defense, and on education and research.

GENE SPERLING: I think the president was overall right in that the idea of an across-the-board, all-spending cut was the idea of Republicans. But, yes, we put forward the design of how to do that.

You've missed some posts in other threads.

I've said that, and it IS true.

IMO BO is a pathological liar on ALL issues.

NO I've not because any threads other then "Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP" have been moved out of moderators bias from this political forum... That's been my biggest issue is the blatant bias and I keep wanting people to explain why
"Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP" which is a TOTAL LIe is still on the political at over 700 comments!
No wonder people are confused when supposedly objective moderators keep the Lie Sequestration: Blame goes to the GOP"
in political and shunts the truth to other forums!

LIE!!!
You and the Weekly SubStandard are lying, as usual. It was Gregory who said the sequester was Obama's idea.

Sperling says 3 times that the sequester we have now of all spending cuts was the idea of the Republicans.

GENE SPERLING: We know, everyone knows, that the president wanted an enforcement mechanism that included revenues on the most well-off. The speaker insisted, the Republicans insisted that if this be an enforcement mechanism, that it be on all spending cuts. Because we were forced to do that, it is true we suggested going back to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings mechanism.

GENE SPERLING: But I think it's most accurate that they [the Republicans] did propose an all-spending cut mechanism that would have this type of harmful impact on defense, and on education and research.

GENE SPERLING: I think the president was overall right in that the idea of an across-the-board, all-spending cut was the idea of Republicans. But, yes, we put forward the design of how to do that.

Obama and Republicans have spent the better part of two weeks seeking to cast blame on the other for the spending cuts.
The debate has centered on whose idea the sequester was in the first place, with Republicans charging it was Obama aides who proposed the automatic spending cuts in the first place.

At first denying the allegations, Democrats have since clarified:
They proposed the sequester, but only after they said Republicans demanded some sort of automatic spending cuts.

Sperling: Obama on right side of sequester debate - UPI.com

For the love of god! Can we stop the blame game bullshit. The blame lies with Washington as a whole. The Senate, the House, the White House, all of them.

Jesus fucking christ! You guys must really be happy being played like a bunch of puppets, because you do it so effortlessly.

White House economic adviser Gene Sperling admits that, yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama's plan. Said Sperling on the Meet the Press program on March 3, "We put forth the design of" the sequestration, Sperling finally admits after a long exchange with the program host.
White House official admits budget sequester was Obama's idea)
In typical CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood fashion, when confronted with the unedited quotes from Sperling, the professional lying scum simply post a made up quote where they have added their own words to someone else's quote. Notice which words are inside the quotation marks (Sperling's) and which words are outside the quotation marks (the lying scum at the Weekly SubStandard).

I see you haven't been reading the threads, have you? Just because people refuse to believe the truth does not mean no one has pointed it out.

For the love of god! Can we stop the blame game bullshit. The blame lies with Washington as a whole. The Senate, the House, the White House, all of them.

Jesus fucking christ! You guys must really be happy being played like a bunch of puppets, because you do it so effortlessly.

True- except the whole GD disaster for our growth is all from the debt ceiling crisis!!- a brand new disgrace from the kings of disfunction and sabotage/self wounding, the Pubs and their brainwashed chumps.

Excellent example of our pathetic media- never related...

True- except the whole GD disaster for our growth is all from the debt ceiling crisis!!- a brand new disgrace from the kings of disfunction and sabotage/self wounding, the Pubs and their brainwashed chumps.

You still don't get it do you?
Obama LIED..
Barack Obama on Monday, October 22nd, 2012
"First of all, the sequester is not something that I've proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen,"

Because HE SAID:“Then we could use a medium or big deal to force tax reform,” Obama said optimistically.
(July 12, 2011):
They turned to [White House national economic council director Gene] Sperling for details about a compulsory trigger if they didn’t cut spending or raise taxes in an amount at least equivalent to the debt ceiling increase.
“A trigger would lock in our commitment,” Sperling explained. “Even though we disagree on the composition of how to get to the cuts, it would lock us in. The form of the automatic sequester would punish both sides. We’d have to September to avert any sequester” — a legal obligation to make spending cuts.
“Then we could use a medium or big deal to force tax reform,” Obama said optimistically.

So Obama LIED in Oct in the debates and make Romney out to be wrong in the voters eyes!
Because HE was first proposing "sequestration" before anyone else did!

And you idiots still think he won't LIE to you!

MAY I remind you of what he said "I have said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo, and I will follow through on that," he said.

After three and a half years as president, Obama has not done so.

Shortly after being sworn in, Obama did sign an executive order that required that the Guantanamo prison be closed within a year.

Do you still not get it??? He'll promise YOU anything just so you like him!!!
Obama reminds me of the last days of Roman emperors.

You still don't get it do you?
Obama LIED..
Barack Obama on Monday, October 22nd, 2012
"First of all, the sequester is not something that I've proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen,"

Because HE SAID:“Then we could use a medium or big deal to force tax reform,” Obama said optimistically.
(July 12, 2011):
They turned to [White House national economic council director Gene] Sperling for details about a compulsory trigger if they didn’t cut spending or raise taxes in an amount at least equivalent to the debt ceiling increase.
“A trigger would lock in our commitment,” Sperling explained. “Even though we disagree on the composition of how to get to the cuts, it would lock us in. The form of the automatic sequester would punish both sides. We’d have to September to avert any sequester” — a legal obligation to make spending cuts.
“Then we could use a medium or big deal to force tax reform,” Obama said optimistically.

So Obama LIED in Oct in the debates and make Romney out to be wrong in the voters eyes!
Because HE was first proposing "sequestration" before anyone else did!
In typical CON$ervoFascist Fashion, when one lie fails, just switch to another. In this case, the discredited Boob Woodward book, but having been caught in this lie before you try to hide the evidence that exposed Boob's lie by leaving Boner out of the July 12, 2011 quote because Boner had stopped talking to Obama on July 9 and didn't talk to Obama again until July 14, so no three way conversation could have occured.

No problem for a professional liar, Boob's discredited book can still be used by simply removing Boner fron the conversation, and presto chango, a conversation that never happened can be salvaged.

Boob's book with Boner present and talking to Obama on July 12, 2011:
Page 215 (July 12, 2011):

“If this is a trigger for tax reform,” [House speaker John] Boehner said, “this could be worth discussing. But as a budget tool, it’s too complicated. I’m very nervous about this.”
“This would be an enforcement mechanism,” Obama said.

And the mechanism is enforcing revision by leaders of both parties.

Forum List

Back