🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serious questions for Trump supporters regarding this impeachment thing

I've been reading for a long time that Trump supporters want the impeachment proceedings to happen, and I'm seeing a lot of celebrating here, but I'm not quite sure why.

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair? (I can't disagree that politicians can make themselves look foolish, by the way, especially when they think they smell blood)

Any other reasons? And isn't it possible that some negative or damaging news on Trump will come to light as well, which might hurt him in 2020?

Serious questions.
It’s possible but in my opinion not likely what I am seeing and finding disturbing is trying to use the impeachment process to overturn an election who’s outcome you didn’t like. Both parties have this habit of taking short sighted positions and never considering what they are doing today could be done to them tomorrow.

Both parties have this habit of taking short sighted positions and never considering what they are doing today could be done to them tomorrow.
Sure, there's no one more shortsighted than a professional politician, particularly one who has an election coming up.

And speaking of that, I wonder how tough it would be for Pelosi to get yes votes from Democrats in tough election situations.

It may not even get that far. I'd guess Pelosi will still try to avoid actual proceedings.

I've been reading for a long time that Trump supporters want the impeachment proceedings to happen, and I'm seeing a lot of celebrating here, but I'm not quite sure why.

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair? (I can't disagree that politicians can make themselves look foolish, by the way, especially when they think they smell blood)

Any other reasons? And isn't it possible that some negative or damaging news on Trump will come to light as well, which might hurt him in 2020?

Serious questions.
It’s possible but in my opinion not likely what I am seeing and finding disturbing is trying to use the impeachment process to overturn an election who’s outcome you didn’t like. Both parties have this habit of taking short sighted positions and never considering what they are doing today could be done to them tomorrow.

Impeachment is bad enough, but if the commies try to impeach a President outside the criteria of the Constitution, that's when we will see a huge divide in the country, and Democrats finally reveal they are nothing but a bunch of Nazi's.

I think there is real concern in both parties that Trump have committed something impeachable. That was not a clear case before. A whistle blower and the IG, neither are political positions were seriously concerned and the law, which is very clear on how to handle whistle blower reports is not being followed.

An impeachment inquiry is just that. An inquiry, and it might be what is needed to get Trump to give Congress what it is entitled to by law.

Part of the problem is Congress has been out to pasture for so long, it has for decades passively ceded authority to the Executive out of political expediency...it has created this giant, bloated, unaccountable, unitary executive monster.

I will add that I am very very disturbrd by Barr.

If I were you, I would be too.

Serious questions.
They are convinced the can weather the scandal. Probably because he has weathered others. I'm not so sure that's the case this time, this is a pretty clear cut abuse of power.

But in their eyes:

View attachment 280842
There is no scandal, there is no crime. You are a liar.

Both parties have this habit of taking short sighted positions and never considering what they are doing today could be done to them tomorrow.
Sure, there's no one more shortsighted than a professional politician, particularly one who has an election coming up.

And speaking of that, I wonder how tough it would be for Pelosi to get yes votes from Democrats in tough election situations.

It may not even get that far. I'd guess Pelosi will still try to avoid actual proceedings.
This is going to sound crazy but I almost think Pelosi is going along with this in the hope it cost the Democrats the 2020 election so she can say I told you this would happen but you wouldn’t listen.

My thoughts on this act is the Democrats are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. First they know impeachment will not fly, they do not even have enough votes in the house to bring up a formal impeachment hearing, and then there is no way the Senate will find Trump guilty. So this impeachment is to just tarnish Trump's reputation before the 2020 election. The real motive for the Democrats is to get Biden off the campaign trail, The impeachment is based on what Biden did while he was VP. The progressive side of the Dems think Biden is no far enough left for them and would rather have Warren as their candidate, They figure that the hearings might throw enough dirt on Biden to drop out of the race without making it look like the Dem are eating their own,

I don't know about that. The Democrats are in panic mode right now, and I think it's because any investigation will unfold things about Hunter and Joe that were never investigated before.

How does a guy who has no dealings in a country, get a job there for 50K a month in an industry he's totally inexperienced at?

What if....... Behind the scenes, Dems have managed to get 20 RINOS in the senate to agree to confirm the process ? I think 20 votes is all they need....they have 47 I believe. What's that? Never gonna happen you say? Neither was Obamacare....but it did. MAN.....millions of exploding Trumpette heads.
That's not impossible. If enough came to light during the investigation process to move moderate Republicans, this could get interesting.

The transcripts of the phone call were released today. Trump didn't even bother to fight it. Just like the last Kavanaugh scam, this scam will be over by the end of the week.

I think there is real concern in both parties that Trump have committed something impeachable. That was not a clear case before. A whistle blower and the IG, neither are political positions were seriously concerned and the law, which is very clear on how to handle whistle blower reports is not being followed.

An impeachment inquiry is just that. An inquiry, and it might be what is needed to get Trump to give Congress what it is entitled to by law.

Part of the problem is Congress has been out to pasture for so long, it has for decades passively ceded authority to the Executive out of political expediency...it has created this giant, bloated, unaccountable, unitary executive monster.

If I were you, I would sart thinking outside of your partisan envelope.

You do know Trump is legally required to send that whistleblower complaint to Congress right?

What if....... Behind the scenes, Dems have managed to get 20 RINOS in the senate to agree to confirm the process ? I think 20 votes is all they need....they have 47 I believe. What's that? Never gonna happen you say? Neither was Obamacare....but it did. MAN.....millions of exploding Trumpette heads.
That's not impossible. If enough came to light during the investigation process to move moderate Republicans, this could get interesting.

The transcripts of the phone call were released today. Trump didn't even bother to fight it. Just like the last Kavanaugh scam, this scam will be over by the end of the week.
The transcript is irrelevent with out the complaint. If it is a nothing burger fine, but there are laws and procedures to be followed and we have a Nixonian distegard and arrogance towards the law right now.

The transcript is irrelevent with out the complaint. If it is a nothing burger fine, but there are laws and procedures to be followed and we have a Nixonian distegard and arrogance towards the law right now.

How can they be irrelevant when that's supposedly what this impeachment scam is all about?

How can they be irrelevant when that's supposedly what this impeachment scam is all about?
Because you are putting the cart ahead of the horse. It is an inquiry anfmd tbe document Congress is legally entitled to is the complaint. It may involve more than that phone call.

If I were you, I would sart thinking outside of your partisan envelope.

You do know Trump is legally required to send that whistleblower complaint to Congress right?

No, Trump actually has nothing to do with it. That would probably be the DOJ, and only if there is any merit to it. But as it stands now, the so-called whistle blower never heard the call, the actual whistle blower is not coming forward, and until the transcripts are presented to the Congress and eventually the public, then there is no grounds to have any hearing yet alone an impeachment process.

Because you are putting the cart ahead of the horse. It is an inquiry anfmd tbe document Congress is legally entitled to is the complaint. It may involve more than that phone call.

Not according to anything I read about it. It's entirely based on that phone call.

And thanks to that complaint, no leader from any other country will want to speak with a sitting US President from this point forward. Great job Democrats.

This is going to sound crazy but I almost think Pelosi is going along with this in the hope it cost the Democrats the 2020 election so she can say I told you this would happen but you wouldn’t listen.
She's narcissistic enough to do it.

But I don't think even she is delusional enough to think she would be around to take power back.

Serious questions.
How much does Trump's impeachment and conviction depend on publicly revealing his personal/family tax returns in a state court where his pardon powers don't apply?
shittykids.jpg

NY federal judge grants brief stay in dispute over Trump's tax returns - CNNPolitics

"A New York federal judge granted a one-day stay until Thursday in a dispute over a subpoena from the Manhattan district attorney's office for President Donald Trump's tax returns."

But I don't think even she is delusional enough to think she would be around to take power back.

I think what she's really worried about is losing her position as speaker because something like this could turn the House leadership back to the Republicans.

My thoughts on this act is the Democrats are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. First they know impeachment will not fly, they do not even have enough votes in the house to bring up a formal impeachment hearing, and then there is no way the Senate will find Trump guilty. So this impeachment is to just tarnish Trump's reputation before the 2020 election. The real motive for the Democrats is to get Biden off the campaign trail, The impeachment is based on what Biden did while he was VP. The progressive side of the Dems think Biden is no far enough left for them and would rather have Warren as their candidate, They figure that the hearings might throw enough dirt on Biden to drop out of the race without making it look like the Dem are eating their own,

I don't know about that. The Democrats are in panic mode right now, and I think it's because any investigation will unfold things about Hunter and Joe that were never investigated before.

How does a guy who has no dealings in a country, get a job there for 50K a month in an industry he's totally inexperienced at?
Dems in a panic mode? The orange moron is into groundhog day yapping about Hillary's E mail and even back to Bills trial Every day ,day in day out Hillary hillary hillary The man is demented definitely a screw loose

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair?

That's pretty much it. Democrats haven't figured out that petulant tantrums and repeatedly false accusations are not an effective campaign strategy. At least with independent voters.

hqdefault.jpg

“I would like you to do us a favor, though, because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it,” Trump said. The key word in this response is “though” — it implies a link between Zelensky’s praise for U.S. military aid to the coming request.

Trump first requested information from Zelensky related to the DNC server conspiracy theory. Then he pivoted to Biden.

“The other thing,” Trump said, “there’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great.”

Trump went on, “Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you could look into it ... it sounds horrible to me.”

Several House committees have started investigating whether Trump also delayed more than $250 million in aid to Ukraine as he pressed Zelensky to look into Biden. The summary shows an implicit connection between the aid and the investigation in the conversation between the two leaders.

The president has provided wildly varying accounts of the call with Zelensky in the wake of a series of bombshell reports claiming he asked a foreign power to investigate the former vice president, one of his prime rivals in the 2020 election, and may be guilty of a criminal violation in doing so.

Given the Trump administration’s history of editing documents, there’s no guarantee that this release tells the full story of the phone call between the two world leaders.

It looks like Trump got caught breaking the law. He broke the law when he first became President. Then House Speaker Paul Ryan made the excuse Trump was new to politics and didn't know any better. Sorry, you don't keep getting to use that excuse. Not knowing something is illegal and doing it doesn't give you a free pass.

Another part of the conversation is also likely to draw criticism from those who say Trump has violated the Constitution’s emoluments clauses, which prohibit presidents from profiting from their office. Zelensky boasted to Trump that he had stayed at Trump Tower during his last visit to the U.S.

Trump was referring to Hunter Biden, who worked with Ukrainian energy company Burisma while his father was still serving under President Barack Obama in 2016. However, the pair has not been accused of legal wrongdoing related to that work.

He better have some fucking damn good evidence against the Biden's. Otherwise this is just another right wing conspiracy theory.

Trump, meanwhile, claims the former vice president called for the removal of a notoriously corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine in 2014 in order to impede an investigation into the company his son was working with. However, Ukrainian authorities have cleared Joe Biden of any wrongdoing in the case, and the record shows members of the Obama administration did, in fact, support Ukrainian officials’ criminal investigations.

I think it would have less to do with here taking back power and more to do with keeping AOC and the so called squad from gaining more power. If this impeachment stuff cost the Democrats 2020 you can bet Pelosi will put the blame on those who pushed for it.

Forum List

Back