🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serious questions for Trump supporters regarding this impeachment thing

I've been reading for a long time that Trump supporters want the impeachment proceedings to happen, and I'm seeing a lot of celebrating here, but I'm not quite sure why.

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair? (I can't disagree that politicians can make themselves look foolish, by the way, especially when they think they smell blood)

Any other reasons? And isn't it possible that some negative or damaging news on Trump will come to light as well, which might hurt him in 2020?

Serious questions.

Remember Trump is the King of Tabloids and is a known troll, so ask yourself Mac1958 if Trump is worried about any negativity...

There is no bad publicity in Trump eyes no matter negative or positive.

As for his supporters they are hoping my conclusion is correct and Trump is setting Pelosi and Democrats up for a hard fall...

Let see what happens now because Pandora box is open and either Trump is impeached and Pence become President and will win in 2020 or Trump is shown to have trolled the left again and will win in 2020...

Either way the left loses big!
I don't think Trump's actions and behaviors are somehow calculated to "set up" the Democrats. I think that's just who he is.

This whole thing could get weird, that's for sure.

It is going to be something out of Alfred Hitchcock Hour or the Twilight Zone type of weird....

Where reality is no longer reality...
My guess (and I'm admittedly not very good at this stuff) is that the public knows what it has with Trump (for better or worse), and it will take some fairly significant new information to really change their minds on the guy. And like the Democrat quoted in the piece linked in post 55, I guess it may further energize Trump's base.

Then, the question is if they just try too hard. The Democrats have spent the last couple of years putting a lot of effort into making Trump look like a victim, which I would have thought was pretty much impossible.

Democrats fear impeachment blowback in 2020

“Of course, I want impeachment from a moral perspective,” said Michael Ceraso, a former New Hampshire director for Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign. "But from a political perspective, I don’t want to spend a year talking about how Democrats tried to impeach him and couldn’t pull it off.”

Instead of health care and kitchen-table economics — the issues the party ran on in last year’s blue-wave election — the campaign will inevitably be consumed by a doomed effort to boot Trump from office, skeptics say. All when Trump will be on the ballot in a matter of months, anyway.

“The Democrats become single-issue candidates, which weakens them," Ceraso said, adding that the proceedings will only solidify Trump's base.

They should fear a blowback. They haven't managed to recover from 2016.

They ceased to be a viable alternative. They can't figure out why.

I've been reading for a long time that Trump supporters want the impeachment proceedings to happen, and I'm seeing a lot of celebrating here, but I'm not quite sure why.

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair? (I can't disagree that politicians can make themselves look foolish, by the way, especially when they think they smell blood)

Any other reasons? And isn't it possible that some negative or damaging news on Trump will come to light as well, which might hurt him in 2020?

Serious questions.

Remember Trump is the King of Tabloids and is a known troll, so ask yourself Mac1958 if Trump is worried about any negativity...

There is no bad publicity in Trump eyes no matter negative or positive.

As for his supporters they are hoping my conclusion is correct and Trump is setting Pelosi and Democrats up for a hard fall...

Let see what happens now because Pandora box is open and either Trump is impeached and Pence become President and will win in 2020 or Trump is shown to have trolled the left again and will win in 2020...

Either way the left loses big!
I don't think Trump's actions and behaviors are somehow calculated to "set up" the Democrats. I think that's just who he is.

This whole thing could get weird, that's for sure.

It is going to be something out of Alfred Hitchcock Hour or the Twilight Zone type of weird....

Where reality is no longer reality...
My guess (and I'm admittedly not very good at this stuff) is that the public knows what it has with Trump (for better or worse), and it will take some fairly significant new information to really change their minds on the guy. And like the Democrat quoted in the piece linked in post 55, I guess it may further energize Trump's base.

Then, the question is if they just try too hard. The Democrats have spent the last couple of years putting a lot of effort into making Trump look like a victim, which I would have thought was pretty much impossible.

Now Mac is learning how Trump plays the game... He plays the victim... He could beat the living crap out of a woman on the White House lawn and after it is all said and done with he will make so many believe he is the victim and she assaulted him...

Trump acts like an idiot so that the mass would be stupid enough to think he is one...

My guess is that you're thinking the Dems will make themselves look bad in the process, just in time for the next elections, would that be fair?

That's pretty much it. Democrats haven't figured out that petulant tantrums and repeatedly false accusations are not an effective campaign strategy. At least with independent voters.

hqdefault.jpg

But Trump has...and it seems to work with his base.

View attachment 280884
seems like both sides love the MEMEMEME shit.

as for the latest round of bullshit:

IG Says Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Had 'Bias' In Favor Of 'Rival Candidate'; Retains Clinton, Schumer Attorney

biased from the start. this shit needs to end and unsubstantiated claims need to carry a penalty. starting to shape up like a kavanaugh hearing and we know how full of crap that one was. only thing for sure is we all need more popcorn.

Now Mac is learning how Trump plays the game...
Trump acts like an idiot so that the mass would be stupid enough to think he is one...
No, I didn't say that. I think he is what he is. I seriously & literally think he has narcissistic personality disorder, and I don't think he's particularly intelligent. I don't think he "sets people up", I think he just tries to overwhelm people with the sheer force of his ego. I don't think he has the intellectual capacity to think this stuff through. He just does what hits him at the moment without much thought at all, and then sloppily tries to clean it up later.

I'm just saying that the Democrats completely lost their shit when he won, and their various behaviors since then have often been so maniacally and blindly over the top that they could make even a guy like THIS into a victim.

Last edited:
#1 - The Democratic Congress is setting themselves up to upstage their Presidential candidate. They will force their candidate to run on impeachment, instead of policies. Not a great spot for Warren or others to be in. It will suck all the Oxygen out of the room.

#2 - Many Dems won in Trump districts in 2018. But, many of those did not run on an AOC agenda. And, many said they were not for impeachment. They will be out on their ass if they do go for it now.

#3 - You can only cry wolf so many times. Not everything can be a conspiracy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. The Dems promise big and never deliver. The Dems haven't even reviewed the Whistleblower complaint or transcript. From what we know, the Whistleblower didn't even hear the call himself. Why the rush for impeachment. The Dems are getting in the habit of assuming everyone is guilty before even looking at the evidence.

#4 - Pelosi was forced to this in my opinion. It is not good politics. She knows it. But, she is losing her grip on power. Those pushing for impeachment do not share her ability to see the big picture, and act only on the demands of a small far left group and celebs.

What Piglosi knows is that impeachment is never popular among the voters no matter who it is. She also knows that impeachment would guarantee a Republican win. So if they go forward with this, it means they are clearly convinced they have no shot at 2020, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

As for 2016, both parties had record turnout. It's just that hate won the day that election, but it doesn't mean anybody on the Trump side is turning against him. If anything, the Walk Away movement will get stronger and more Democrats (at least the working ones) may be jumping on board.

It is a hail mary pass if they go this route. Sometimes they connect. But, not often.

Unfortunately, they're backed up to their goal line and don't have a Democrat who can throw the ball into the end zone. The impeachment "Hail Mary" will be knocked down or intercepted like most of those last ditch efforts.

My thoughts on this act is the Democrats are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. First they know impeachment will not fly, they do not even have enough votes in the house to bring up a formal impeachment hearing, and then there is no way the Senate will find Trump guilty. So this impeachment is to just tarnish Trump's reputation before the 2020 election. The real motive for the Democrats is to get Biden off the campaign trail, The impeachment is based on what Biden did while he was VP. The progressive side of the Dems think Biden is no far enough left for them and would rather have Warren as their candidate, They figure that the hearings might throw enough dirt on Biden to drop out of the race without making it look like the Dem are eating their own,

Serious questions.
Impeachment is a dirty word and we ALL have taken it too lightly. Trump could be crippled politically for future campaigns, congress as well as presidency, and assholes like Schiff gain credibility. If Trump does get removed, the disunity to follow will be enormous.

No, I didn't say that. I think he is what he is. I seriously & literally think he has narcissistic personality disorder, and I don't think he's particularly intelligent. I don't think he "sets people up", I think he just tries to overwhelm people with the sheer force of his ego. I don't think he has the intellectual capacity to think this stuff through. He just does what hits him at the moment without much thought at all, and then sloppily tries to clean it up later.

I'm just saying that the Democrats completely lost their shit when he won, and their various behaviors since then have often been so maniacally and blindly over the top that they could make even a guy like THIS into a victim.
Every voter KNEW what they were getting when they voted for Trump.
If as you claim Trump is such a fucking idiot nutcase WHAT the fuck does that say about the DEMs putting HRC against him...........................AND LOSING TO HIM???????????
Half of the LIB college kids in the country believe if Trump is impeached then HRC will take over as President. What the fuck does that say about the LIBs who are teaching these fucking dummies?

If as you claim Trump is such a fucking idiot nutcase WHAT the fuck does that say about the DEMs putting HRC against him...........................AND LOSING TO HIM???????????
Half of the LIB college kids in the country believe if Trump is impeached then HRC will take over as President. What the fuck does that say about the LIBs who are teaching these fucking dummies?
My goodness, wingers just love to fabricate my positions.

No, I didn't say that Trump is "a fucking idiot nutcase". I said "I don't think he's particularly intelligent".

Can you folks EVER just have a normal, honest conversation at this point?

Hillary was a terrible candidate, and that has nothing to do with either my point or this thread.

Serious questions.

It would result in an actual "indictment" having to be presented, and an actual "trial" held.

Not trial by media, or drive by accusations, or media spin on the relevant information (I can't call them facts, honestly we don't get facts, we get second hand rumors and interpretations)

No, he actually does think this through and think the dumbest things he does are funny and cute...

Study Trump as long as I have and you will realize the mad man you are seeing is the charlatan convincing you he is crazy while he drives you insane when you realized you were suckered again.

I am not saying he is a genius but the man is far from stupid...

Egotistical?

Oh hell yeah...

Narcissistic?

You got it baby!

Dumb?

Hell no!

There is a reason why he is the King of Tabloids and when he falls into a boat load of shit he come out smelling like Rose's and the reason is he is playing everyone by making you think he is not that smart...

Last edited:

Pence 2019-how does that sound?

My thoughts on this act is the Democrats are trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. First they know impeachment will not fly, they do not even have enough votes in the house to bring up a formal impeachment hearing, and then there is no way the Senate will find Trump guilty. So this impeachment is to just tarnish Trump's reputation before the 2020 election. The real motive for the Democrats is to get Biden off the campaign trail, The impeachment is based on what Biden did while he was VP. The progressive side of the Dems think Biden is no far enough left for them and would rather have Warren as their candidate, They figure that the hearings might throw enough dirt on Biden to drop out of the race without making it look like the Dem are eating their own,

Plausible. Logical.

Serious questions.
Shut up

I think there is real concern in both parties that Trump have committed something impeachable. That was not a clear case before. A whistle blower and the IG, neither are political positions were seriously concerned and the law, which is very clear on how to handle whistle blower reports is not being followed.

An impeachment inquiry is just that. An inquiry, and it might be what is needed to get Trump to give Congress what it is entitled to by law.

Part of the problem is Congress has been out to pasture for so long, it has for decades passively ceded authority to the Executive out of political expediency...it has created this giant, bloated, unaccountable, unitary executive monster.

I will add that I am very very disturbrd by Barr.

That's not impossible. If enough came to light during the investigation process to move moderate Republicans, this could get interesting.
It is impossible because everyone knows there is no impeachable offense an honorable person would use.

Pelosi will have to twist House Democrat arms to get them to stay in line.

Forum List

Back