Serious Rain in Houston

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
One in five hundred year rain system moving through Houston this morning.
An incredible 20 inches of rain in six hours at Huffmeister and 1960. Thats almost half the normal yearly total in six hours!!!
The pool overflowed hours ago and it sounds like we have a few more hours of the heavy stuff.
On the bright side the wife is getting an extra day off.

An incredible 20 inches of rain in six hours at Huffmeister and 1960. Thats almost half the normal yearly total in six hours!!!
The pool overflowed hours ago and it sounds like we have a few more hours of the heavy stuff.
We should call it........"Global Wetting". We could make MILLIONS!

We should call it........"Global Wetting". We could make MILLIONS!

I'm sure it'll be blamed on glowbullwarmingclimatechange....
I guess the indians and the buffalo had some serious bowel disturbances when it happened last time....or maybe to many campfires in their tepees.

And how many serious flooding events does that make for Texas in the last 12 months? Wider and wilder swings in the weather with an overall warming. That is one of the fundamental predictions of AGW.

So you lost your place to one of these events, but stick to your alternative universe explanation as to why. Perhaps you should give reality a try.

And how many serious flooding events does that make for Texas in the last 12 months? Wider and wilder swings in the weather with an overall warming. That is one of the fundamental predictions of AGW.

So you lost your place to one of these events, but stick to your alternative universe explanation as to why. Perhaps you should give reality a try.
We had a once in 50 year flood followed by a once in 500 year flood.
It happens. Oh and FUCK YOU on the "so you lost your place".

So what caused similar weather events five hundred years ago?

Give it a rest, floods have happened since the beginning and will continue long after you are moldering

Last edited:
GLOBUUUUULLLLLLLL WARMING!!!! CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a rest, floods have happened since the beginning and will continue long after you are moldering

Old cocks wants to point to wild weather swings yet tornadoes and hurricanes are at some of the lowest levels ever recorded.

GLOBUUUUULLLLLLLL WARMING!!!! CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!

Old cocks wants to point to wild weather swings yet tornadoes and hurricanes are at some of the lowest levels ever recorded.

It doesn't matter what happens with weather, the loons will find someway to blame gloBULL warming. It's past stupid

Just for the education of the abnormally stupid 'Conservatives' presently on the thread, a warmer atmosphere evaporates and holds more water. Simple physics. But that atmosphere dumps that water in 10 days or less. And if it has more water in it because it is warmer, you get more water, and your are getting more water.

We have a number of places in Oregon and Washington that have had 3 500 year floods in the last 20 years. I bet if you tallied upt the number of 100 year floods that Texas has had this year, it would be impressive.

Was in Houston during hurricane Alicia.

I feel for you. Bayous overflowing. Flooded cars.

I liked Houston. Many friendly people.

Just for the education of the abnormally stupid 'Conservatives' presently on the thread, a warmer atmosphere evaporates and holds more water. Simple physics. But that atmosphere dumps that water in 10 days or less. And if it has more water in it because it is warmer, you get more water, and your are getting more water.

We have a number of places in Oregon and Washington that have had 3 500 year floods in the last 20 years. I bet if you tallied upt the number of 100 year floods that Texas has had this year, it would be impressive.

You moron,it's the Texas Gulf coast there's always tons of moisture in the air.
It's the cold air mass thats stalled over New Mexico causing the rain.

Look stupid I'm from Washington. The Green River Valley and saw at least THREE 500 year floods there 25 YEARS ago. One so bad I could take a canoe from my place to the NEXT town.

YOU liberal idiots CAN'T even control spending and you want to sell America on YOU can control the weather?

Once again, you are putting your stupidity on display for all the world to see. I never said, nor has any scientist that I know of, that we are trying, or even want to, control the weather. What is being said, and proven by the very events that you speak of, is that we are affecting the weather by putting GHGs into the atmosphere. And that warming atmosphere is evaporating and dumping more water. Just as you said, 500 year events are becoming 50 year events.

Reality is right there, biting your silly ass, and you continue to ignore it. In my trade, reality ignored will get you killed or maimed. So we take reality seriously, and do not ignore facts.

Once again, you are putting your stupidity on display for all the world to see. I never said, nor has any scientist that I know of, that we are trying, or even want to, control the weather. What is being said, and proven by the very events that you speak of, is that we are affecting the weather by putting GHGs into the atmosphere. And that warming atmosphere is evaporating and dumping more water. Just as you said, 500 year events are becoming 50 year events.

Reality is right there, biting your silly ass, and you continue to ignore it. In my trade, reality ignored will get you killed or maimed. So we take reality seriously, and do not ignore facts.
What the hell happened to "New York will be under water by 2015"?
And the Artic is SUPPOSED to be gone THIS year. Hows that line of bull working for you?

We had the five hundred year rain here a few months back. Lost my place to it.

That sucks.
I remember getting heavy rains like this as a kid.
I guess the weather patterns are shifting back to those days.

Not one but two five hundred year rains in a couple months.
But global.weirding isn't real. Nothing is changing in a dramatic way.

It's only 500 year weather events happening a few months apart. How could that be a problem?

We had the five hundred year rain here a few months back. Lost my place to it.

That sucks.
I remember getting heavy rains like this as a kid.
I guess the weather patterns are shifting back to those days.

Not one but two five hundred year rains in a couple months.
But global.weirding isn't real. Nothing is changing in a dramatic way.

It's only 500 year weather events happening a few months apart. How could that be a problem?
A "500 year flood" is the odds on IF it could happen. Its NOT a timed event.

Forum List

Back