Serious Rain in Houston

We had the five hundred year rain here a few months back. Lost my place to it.

That sucks.
I remember getting heavy rains like this as a kid.
I guess the weather patterns are shifting back to those days.

Not one but two five hundred year rains in a couple months.
But global.weirding isn't real. Nothing is changing in a dramatic way.

It's only 500 year weather events happening a few months apart. How could that be a problem?

Crazy amounts of rain on the Texas Gulf coast is not unusual.
Back in 79 Alvin got 43 inches in 24 hours.

GLOBUUUUULLLLLLLL WARMING!!!! CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!
And how many serious flooding events does that make for Texas in the last 12 months? Wider and wilder swings in the weather with an overall warming. That is one of the fundamental predictions of AGW.

So you lost your place to one of these events, but stick to your alternative universe explanation as to why. Perhaps you should give reality a try.

Give it a rest, floods have happened since the beginning and will continue long after you are moldering

Old cocks wants to point to wild weather swings yet tornadoes and hurricanes are at some of the lowest levels ever recorded.
You drooled something about "old cocks". Spare us your gay fantasies. I`m sure there is an appropriate place for that somewhere else.

And how many serious flooding events does that make for Texas in the last 12 months? Wider and wilder swings in the weather with an overall warming. That is one of the fundamental predictions of AGW.

So you lost your place to one of these events, but stick to your alternative universe explanation as to why. Perhaps you should give reality a try.

Give it a rest, floods have happened since the beginning and will continue long after you are moldering

Old cocks wants to point to wild weather swings yet tornadoes and hurricanes are at some of the lowest levels ever recorded.
You drooled something about "old cocks". Spare us your gay fantasies. I`m sure there is an appropriate place for that somewhere else.

I'm sure it's a daily event at your house.

Houston was built on a massive flood plain. The greater Houston area has been flooding for thousands of years.

That's part of the scam: too much weather, global warming. Not enough weather, global warming. If the weather isn't 100% perfect, it's global warming.

I had an ex-girlfriend move to Houston back in 1973....big flood, rattlesnakes floating down the streets.

One in five hundred year rain system moving through Houston this morning.
An incredible 20 inches of rain in six hours at Huffmeister and 1960. Thats almost half the normal yearly total in six hours!!!
The pool overflowed hours ago and it sounds like we have a few more hours of the heavy stuff.
On the bright side the wife is getting an extra day off.

I know heavy rain is an unusual situation in Texas, when I was in Texas I was told it hadn't rained for something like six months and I was like OMG!

One in five hundred year rain system moving through Houston this morning.
An incredible 20 inches of rain in six hours at Huffmeister and 1960. Thats almost half the normal yearly total in six hours!!!
The pool overflowed hours ago and it sounds like we have a few more hours of the heavy stuff.
On the bright side the wife is getting an extra day off.

I know heavy rain is an unusual situation in Texas, when I was in Texas I was told it hadn't rained for something like six months and I was like OMG!

It rains on the coast and in Houston quite a bit,we get about 50 inch's a year.
When I lived in the Hill Country we averaged around 16 inch's a year but it only rained three times so it caused the river we lived on to flash flood every time.

I reckon rain in Tejas is like rain here in central Arizona.....gully-washers....cars try to get through the wash channels requiring rescues.....A couple years back we passed the "stupid motorist" bill if they have to come out to extract the passengers,,,,$500 and up.
help.gif

Forum List

Back