Serious Rain in Houston

how is I-10 looking, i plan ongoing thru that way in about a week or so ?

It'll probably be good by tomorrow.

No probably by late Thursday. The weekend looks good, think I'll go to the lake.

Nah...I-10 will be fine. And the low lying exit ramps have pumps.
Heading to Somerville or Fayette County?

Only time I-10 is fine is between 2-6AM and no I go to a private lake near Porter or Lake Conroe.

Myself,I go to private lakes out near Cleveland a lot.
Although I do take the boat out to Fayette and Somerville occasionally.
Went shooting and fishing in Cleveland last week and the damn Buffalo gnats tore us up!

Well it's that time of year. My brother lives on Conroe so I spend a little time there, not much into hunting and fishing any more although I get my license every year. I try to make it up to Lake Travis a couple of times a year, can't beat the scenery there.

It'll probably be good by tomorrow.

No probably by late Thursday. The weekend looks good, think I'll go to the lake.

Only time I-10 is fine is between 2-6AM and no I go to a private lake near Porter or Lake Conroe.

Went shooting and fishing in Cleveland last week and the damn Buffalo gnats tore us up!

Well it's that time of year. My brother lives on Conroe so I spend a little time there, not much into hunting and fishing any more although I get my license every year. I try to make it up to Lake Travis a couple of times a year, can't beat the scenery there.

Yeah,Travis is nice.
Makes me wish I hadnt sold the place on the S. Llano river when this time of year rolls around. No mosquitoes,low humidity and crystal clear water.
But that four hour drive got to be a real pain in the ass.

Yeah,Travis is nice.
Makes me wish I hadnt sold the place on the S. Llano river when this time of year rolls around. No mosquitoes,low humidity and crystal clear water.

That's why I usually make it a weekend, get two days on the lake and splitting the drives makes it seem shorter. It's not worth going for one day.

Yeah,Travis is nice.

That's why I usually make it a weekend, get two days on the lake and splitting the drives makes it seem shorter. It's not worth going for one day.

Oh we always stayed the weekend at least.
The problem was all the maintenance. You'd spend eight hours cutting grass and doing odd jobs the first day and then you had to leave by four in the afternoon the next to get home at reasonable hour.

Yeah,Travis is nice.

The problem was all the maintenance. You'd spend eight hours cutting grass and doing odd jobs the first day and then you had to leave by four in the afternoon the next to get home at reasonable hour.

Lake houses and boats, it's much better to know people who own them than to own them yourself. I learned that lesson when I owned a 27' Bayliner Sport Fisherman in PR. The folks that went out with me had a blast, when their day was done, I still had a lot of work to do.

Just for the education of the abnormally stupid 'Conservatives' presently on the thread, a warmer atmosphere evaporates and holds more water. Simple physics. But that atmosphere dumps that water in 10 days or less. And if it has more water in it because it is warmer, you get more water, and your are getting more water.

We have a number of places in Oregon and Washington that have had 3 500 year floods in the last 20 years. I bet if you tallied upt the number of 100 year floods that Texas has had this year, it would be impressive.

Which places in Oregon and Washington? I'm sure you have a link.

Yeah,Travis is nice.

Lake houses and boats, it's much better to know people who own them than to own them yourself. I learned that lesson when I owned a 27' Bayliner Sport Fisherman in PR. The folks that went out with me had a blast, when their day was done, I still had a lot of work to do.

Oh I hear ya.
I will say my buddies always help out with the boat duties but it's kinda hard to ask for em to mow your grass.
We're looking for our retirement place at this point,it'll have nothing but acreage,waterfront,electricity and well water.
I'll leave the high maintenance stuff until we actually live there full time.

Just for the education of the abnormally stupid 'Conservatives' presently on the thread, a warmer atmosphere evaporates and holds more water. Simple physics. But that atmosphere dumps that water in 10 days or less. And if it has more water in it because it is warmer, you get more water, and your are getting more water.

We have a number of places in Oregon and Washington that have had 3 500 year floods in the last 20 years. I bet if you tallied upt the number of 100 year floods that Texas has had this year, it would be impressive.

Well, Dark Fury gave you one of them. another area that has had two ever large floods in a 25 year period is Vernona, Oregon.

To all the liberals who seem to think the Houston Texas weather is unprecedented....
I've lived here for over 45 years and I've seen dry years and years where it damn near rained all summer.
The rain we received over the last couple days was only notable because of it's wide spread impact.
In fact the inches of rain overall isnt that remarkable when compared to what Alvin received in 79 (a U.S. record) at 43 inches in a 24 hour period.
The biggest problem is the lack of open ground to absorb all the moister which we have been addressing by mandatory reservoirs when building subdivisions or any large construction project.
The areas that are flooding are the ones that preceded these new laws.
Wild weather happens long the Texas coast...and it always will.

Well, Dark Fury gave you one of them. another area that has had two ever large floods in a 25 year period is Vernona, Oregon.

Large floods? 25 year floods? You stated 3500 year floods. Do you have a link?

Last edited:

Yeah,Travis is nice.

Oh I hear ya.
I will say my buddies always help out with the boat duties but it's kinda hard to ask for em to mow your grass.
We're looking for our retirement place at this point,it'll have nothing but acreage,waterfront,electricity and well water.

Sounds good, I actually had some water front property briefly the other day. Thank goodness is runs off pretty fast. But my house is on high ground and was never in jeopardy.

Yeah,Travis is nice.

Oh I hear ya.

Sounds good, I actually had some water front property briefly the other day. Thank goodness is runs off pretty fast. But my house is on high ground and was never in jeopardy.

We got around thirteen inches but Cinco Ranch being relatively new construction didnt get any real flooding.
Although it was hilarious watching the kids in their inflatables boating down the sixth fairway from the back porch.

Forum List

Back