Sessions, Federal Law & US Gov. 101: A Long-Overdue Crash Course for Rogue States

Does defying federal law mean state law enforcement is subjective as well?

• Yes, the OP has a point, state laws are just as optional.

• No, state laws are ironclad even if federal ones aren't.

• I don't understand the question. I failed US Government in high school.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
OK, I can go into all the various rogue states currently violating federal laws. But you know who they are and what they're up to. And maybe in their defense, their lawmakers, be it voters or their legislature or both, failed US Gov. 101 in high school. Or barely passed or whatever.

So I'll give a brief here on how it works. You see, long ago our Founding Fathers intuited that states can get weird. And by weird, I mean seditious and cliquey and rogue. So they set up Congress to have each state have their most powerful representatives (Senators) in DC at 2 apiece. That means that even tiny populated or small or weak states would have the same power of voice in the US Senate.

And boy has California demonstrated just why that is a very good idea. Oakland Mayor Should Face Federal Charges

By acting in an Office of authority, the Oakland Mayor has stood up as an example to her constituents, and the State of CA at large, that defying laws that govern all 50 states is now "just an option, open to individual whim". That's a very dangerous fire to allow to smoulder and spark in the dry tinder of a country with social unrest.

You can say you like pot or illegal aliens filling the jobs in your state while you and your family wonder why you're standard of living plummets. Maybe CA citizens are smoking so much pot that they're having trouble putting 2 + 2 together? But you know, other rogue and cliquey states might like slavery to come back too. Or segregation. Or child trafficking? When you defy federal laws under the umbrella of "it's popular now so fuck DC (The rest of the Union)", you set up a precedent and an example by which defiance of federal law becomes vogue.

Indeed, for that matter, under that rationale, defying STATE laws can become vogue too. After all, if the Mayor of Oakland says "go ahead and defy federal law as you like!", what she's also saying is "go ahead and defy ANY law as you like". If brought up on charges, any defendant could cite that since a mayor of a town feels defiance of the most dominant laws of our land is perfectly legitimate, and remains unprosecuted herself for interfering with a federal investigation, costing millions of $ in US taxpayer man hours, processing and so forth, then said defendant could just claim the same immunity from following any state law s/he doesn't like.

My point being that enough is enough. It's time for USAG Sessions to give rogue states a crash course in American Government 101 and why all 50 states are equal in regulating the Union's binding laws, from their inception and adoption to their dissolution. If CA wants illegals to have amnesty just cuz, then they petition all other 49 states to get on board or no-go. And same with all other federal laws.

This Union is coming apart and you may feel ambivalent about illegals or pot or whatever else defiance is going on. But without a 50-State Union intact and potent as the FFs designed, you will be very upset when that precedent pushes forward a type of defiance that you definitely don't like.

Red states passed over 200 laws from 2009 to 2017 that instructed state and city employees to ignore federal gun regulations.

Give it up cons, you love to go rogue when it suits you but you love to go Emperor when it doesn't. Nobody gives a shit what Trump wants, or Sessions.

Red states passed over 200 laws from 2009 to 2017 that instructed state and city employees to ignore federal gun regulations.

Give it up cons, you love to go rogue when it suits you but you love to go Emperor when it doesn't. Nobody gives a shit what Trump wants, or Sessions.
Then they too should be punished and brought to heel. This isn't a partisan issue friend. It's one of the Union coming apart.

Some US AG needs to confront this rogue state behavior and it just so happens that the current administration is GOP. The Oakland Mayor making a point of holding a press conference for mass media consumption where her intent was to spark rebellion of federal law on a wide scale magnitude would be the same as if those states you just mentioned had their mayors do the same and asked people to take those guns and go start shooting people as their whim dictated.

I have noticed the rogue gop on the issue of gerrymandering making the news.....

These rogue states as you call them are tired of the centralized control you federalist exert... Then citizens must put up with over controlling state govts.

The problem with illegals was with Reagan's view and corporate America owning our govts...

Laws are nothing if the people lack the will to enforce them...and the feds are overstretched on control apparatuses like drone cops to beat people into submission......

I have noticed the rogue gop on the issue of gerrymandering making the news.....

These rogue states as you call them are tired of the centralized control you federalist exert...
You mean they're tired of the Union and the way it functions as set up in the US Constitution as to US Congress and its powers. You think "flyover" states should be put in a dungeon with no say as to the whims of more populated states.

Clearly you failed US Government in high school. Next.

These rogue states as you call them are tired of the centralized control you federalist exert...
You mean they're tired of the Union and the way it functions as set up in the US Constitution as to US Congress and its powers.
The motivation behind the actions of politicians for forty years is one of plutocracy which has morphed into fascism...Thank a corporate giant today...

The motivation behind the actions of politicians for forty years is one of plutocracy which has morphed into fascism...Thank a corporate giant today...

Keep your strawmen off my thread Prince Strawman.

I would bet that a significant portion of California’s economy is wrapped up in under the table transactions, and threatens its very livelihood, if lost.

I would bet that a significant portion of California’s economy is wrapped up in under the table transactions, and threatens its very livelihood, if lost.
Oh I see. The old "veiled threat" routine. "If we can't have our way defying federal law with tantrums and overt Official declarations of defiance, encouraging the citizenry to defy as well, we'll insinuate that we'll go belly up and the fed will let us have our way from fear of fiscal demise of the whole nation having to bail CA out for complying with federal laws!!'

Well to that I say "FUCK THAT". Try again. And I'll add just one more thing. Being a big, fat, spoiled, social-infant that always gets its way with crocodile tears and hurricane-tantrums is a time that has been long overdue to end. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

:boo_hoo14:

Sessions > :spank: < Rogue States

Last edited:

That level of corruption only dates back to when the Russians and Spanish arrived in the future state.

OK, I can go into all the various rogue states currently violating federal laws. But you know who they are and what they're up to. And maybe in their defense, their lawmakers, be it voters or their legislature or both, failed US Gov. 101 in high school. Or barely passed or whatever.

So I'll give a brief here on how it works. You see, long ago our Founding Fathers intuited that states can get weird. And by weird, I mean seditious and cliquey and rogue. So they set up Congress to have each state have their most powerful representatives (Senators) in DC at 2 apiece. That means that even tiny populated or small or weak states would have the same power of voice in the US Senate.

And boy has California demonstrated just why that is a very good idea. Oakland Mayor Should Face Federal Charges

By acting in an Office of authority, the Oakland Mayor has stood up as an example to her constituents, and the State of CA at large, that defying laws that govern all 50 states is now "just an option, open to individual whim". That's a very dangerous fire to allow to smoulder and spark in the dry tinder of a country with social unrest.

You can say you like pot or illegal aliens filling the jobs in your state while you and your family wonder why you're standard of living plummets. Maybe CA citizens are smoking so much pot that they're having trouble putting 2 + 2 together? But you know, other rogue and cliquey states might like slavery to come back too. Or segregation. Or child trafficking? When you defy federal laws under the umbrella of "it's popular now so fuck DC (The rest of the Union)", you set up a precedent and an example by which defiance of federal law becomes vogue.

Indeed, for that matter, under that rationale, defying STATE laws can become vogue too. After all, if the Mayor of Oakland says "go ahead and defy federal law as you like!", what she's also saying is "go ahead and defy ANY law as you like". If brought up on charges, any defendant could cite that since a mayor of a town feels defiance of the most dominant laws of our land is perfectly legitimate, and remains unprosecuted herself for interfering with a federal investigation, costing millions of $ in US taxpayer man hours, processing and so forth, then said defendant could just claim the same immunity from following any state law s/he doesn't like.

My point being that enough is enough. It's time for USAG Sessions to give rogue states a crash course in American Government 101 and why all 50 states are equal in regulating the Union's binding laws, from their inception and adoption to their dissolution. If CA wants illegals to have amnesty just cuz, then they petition all other 49 states to get on board or no-go. And same with all other federal laws.

This Union is coming apart and you may feel ambivalent about illegals or pot or whatever else defiance is going on. But without a 50-State Union intact and potent as the FFs designed, you will be very upset when that precedent pushes forward a type of defiance that you definitely don't like.

What did the mayor do that’s illegal?

Ever flash your lights at traffic to warn other cars if a speed trap? That’s legal . It’s called free speech .

My point being is this is just another one of your loony threads- exactly the duplicate of several others of yours that died a quiet death.

Is the OP a straw man for Sil's desire for a national fascist state that takes away sexual orientation rights under the law?

What did the mayor do that’s illegal?

Ever flash your lights at traffic to warn other cars if a speed trap? That’s legal . It’s called free speech .

That's what I wondered when I first heard of it. I don't approve of what the mayor did, but I don't see how she broke a law.

I think Oakland's got enough problems to worry about without weighing in on federal immigration enforcement. I certainly would understand them not wanting to use state/local law enforcement to help the feds though. It's a very tough town.

That's what I wondered when I first heard of it. I don't approve of what the mayor did, but I don't see how she broke a law.

Interfering with (destroying the element of surprise) of a federal investigation and raid. It would be similar to accessory after the fact if you gave a bank robber head's up that the police were on their way to his hideout.

Interfering with (destroying the element of surprise) of a federal investigation and raid. It would be similar to accessory after the fact if you gave a bank robber head's up that the police were on their way to his hideout.
Love to see a link. Imo it was a bush move (-: but ..... I don't think it's the first time the Feds telegraphed.

Is the OP a straw man for Sil's desire for a national fascist state that takes away sexual orientation rights under the law?

The OP is a post reminding the public of how states share power over each other in the US Senate. And how federal laws are made or dissolved.

The Fed Govt has overstepped its authority on 1000s of issues and it is time the states started standing up to the bullies in DC

The Constitution clearly lays out what the Fed Govt is responsible for, everything else is left to the states.

The Fed Govt has overstepped its authority on 1000s of issues and it is time the states started standing up to the bullies in DC

The Constitution clearly lays out what the Fed Govt is responsible for, everything else is left to the states.
And by bullies, do you mean the other 49 states other than yours?

And by bullies, do you mean the other 49 states other than yours?

No, I mean the Fed Govt and how it goes well beyond the power given to it by the Constitution.

Forum List

Back