Sex education

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
Having sex education in school is a monumental mistake. It rips away children's individuality and forces ideas into their heads because of peer pressure and sharing of sexual trends in class. Also, those who speak up in class and share "budding" ideas of theirs can become traumatized, if they are laughed at or ridiculed, which we all know is rife in our schools.

Also, with today's media it is almost impossible for the average teen to observe abstinence. There must be at least ten thousand messages a day drilled into their heads that, either subliminally or overtly, entice them to have sex, because they see adults living that lifestyle and want to copy it. There are also endless models appearing nowadays in ever-increasing sexually stimulating poses.

I believe in reincarnation, and I really hope I successfully observe abstinence until I marry in my next life. But my faith in this is often torpedoed by modern society.

Also, sexual experimentation by teens is well-known to be considered normal Why can't the discussion progress to where it is said, "Ok, this is normal, but can't parents intercept this behavior in the years before puberty and warn them of the psychological damage that occurs from it.

Here is readily good advice and one good example of how common it is for professionals to think that teens should not be virgins:

Virginity and First-Time Sex: Information for Teens

The PTA wants happy kids to watch their back. :rolleyes:

Values Clarification; Situation Analysis; Moral Relativism; Collapse of Modern Education; Behavior Modification

Values clarification is a complex system of behavioral modification involving various concepts, ideas, and applications. In the current school systems, the level of intellectual ability has decreased to the point where many high school graduates are incapable of reading, writing and performing arithmetic at any mediocre level of competence. The public schools, through mandated curricula and teaching methodology, have minimized the importance of the development of mental-thinking-cognitive skills, and instead have placed greater attention on the alteration of beliefs, values, and behaviors.

Like so much of modern psychology, it may sound wonderful in theory, and possibly even might work IF it could be applied 100% in each case. But sadly, due to a combination of the current thinking disability of modern students (due to public education’s failure), and the inability of teachers to uniformly get the psych-oriented materials applied, the too-often net result of the application of methods such as values clarification (moral relativism, situation ethics) is a general reduction in ethical standards and a rise of crime and immorality.

The article says values clarification "won't work." I say they do and will.

I teach sex ed to my kids from the time they are cognitive enough to understand. Why? I don't want a sexually ignorant child.

Having sex education in school is a monumental mistake. It rips away children's individuality and forces ideas into their heads because of peer pressure and sharing of sexual trends in class. Also, those who speak up in class and share "budding" ideas of theirs can become traumatized, if they are laughed at or ridiculed, which we all know is rife in our schools.

Also, with today's media it is almost impossible for the average teen to observe abstinence. There must be at least ten thousand messages a day drilled into their heads that, either subliminally or overtly, entice them to have sex, because they see adults living that lifestyle and want to copy it. There are also endless models appearing nowadays in ever-increasing sexually stimulating poses.

I believe in reincarnation, and I really hope I successfully observe abstinence until I marry in my next life. But my faith in this is often torpedoed by modern society.

Also, sexual experimentation by teens is well-known to be considered normal Why can't the discussion progress to where it is said, "Ok, this is normal, but can't parents intercept this behavior in the years before puberty and warn them of the psychological damage that occurs from it.

Here is readily good advice and one good example of how common it is for professionals to think that teens should not be virgins:

Virginity and First-Time Sex: Information for Teens

Puberty is a bitch.

Good luck with that. :thup:

Having sex ed in schools helps to educate teens on the changes their bodies are going through and safe sex practices so that they make informed decisions when they inevitably have sex (because that's what teens do).

"The evidence is solid about how to reduce abortions: promote contraception and comprehensive sex education (rather than ''abstinence only'' programs). California has led the country in these areas, and as a result it cut teenage pregnancy rates by 39 percent over eight years.

Western Europe and Canada both emphasize sex education and family planning programs. The result is that American women are almost three times as likely to get abortions as women in Belgium or Germany. Or take Canada. Among women and girls aged 15 to 19, Americans are 38 percent more likely to get abortions than Canadians. And American teenagers, both boys and girls, are nearly 10 times as likely to catch gonorrhea.

Bush family members were pioneers in supporting the family planning services that can reduce abortion rates. President Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush, lost an election for U.S. senator in Connecticut in 1950 partly because he was denounced for his ties to Planned Parenthood.

Later, George H. W. Bush was, as a young congressman, a prime sponsor of the 1970 public health program that provides family planning services in the U.S. He was so enthusiastic that his nickname then was Rubbers." http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/05/opinion/05kristof.html?_r=0

Having sex ed in schools helps to educate teens on the changes their bodies are going through and safe sex practices so that they make informed decisions when they inevitably have sex (because that's what teens do).

There should, at least, be some form of control by parents as to whether their kids can opt out or not. The PTA nor the city allows that. I support school vouchers, and if fully implemented, parents everywhere could simply choose.

I knew a girl who came from an extremely religious family and never got any kind of talk about sex from her parents. Her boyfriend told her she couldn't get pregnant if she was on top during sex. A few months later she had an abortion and her family has never found out about it.

If parents really want to, they can always opt their children out.

I knew a girl who came from an extremely religious family and never got any kind of talk about sex from her parents. Her boyfriend told her she couldn't get pregnant if she was on top during sex. A few months later she had an abortion and her family has never found out about it.

Preachers daughters I've known have always been easy meat.

Do you mean they can finagle their kids into dropping out or send them to private school?

Children have lots of secrets and finally the parents or anyone don't know what exactly is happening in their lives.

C'mon, for years beyond counting, the best possible sex education was either in the bushes or out behind the barn. And, in primitive times, didn't children learn by watching their elders in the cave or den or hut or whatever?

We sure as heck don't need a bunch of inoperative orators trying to explain it.

Do you mean they can finagle their kids into dropping out or send them to private school?

Children have lots of secrets and finally the parents or anyone don't know what exactly is happening in their lives.

A parent can opt out their kid from attending any in-school sex education. At least in my state.

A parent can opt out their kid from attending any in-school sex education. At least in my state.

Link? That dog don't hunt here in California.

leftists have been pushing easy sex for decades.....their goal is to destroy the family unit...

Lenin said that to have sex should be as easy and unimportant as to drink a glass of water...

Do you have a link that shows they can't opt out? I'm looking on google and seeing a lot of stories on opting out in different states. I can't find anything saying that they can't. :confused:

Do you have a link that shows they can't opt out? I'm looking on google and seeing a lot of stories on opting out in different states. I can't find anything saying that they can't. :confused:

idk I was hoping you did. Where you go to school in the Bay Area here, where I graduated from Palo Alto High in 1978, is very rigid. I don't even know if there was ever busing in this area.

C'mon, for years beyond counting, the best possible sex education was either in the bushes or out behind the barn. And, in primitive times, didn't children learn by watching their elders in the cave or den or hut or whatever?

We sure as heck don't need a bunch of inoperative orators trying to explain it.

You must be a bear in the sack :lol:

Forum List

Back