Zone1 Share the word of God with atheists, but don't argue with them

I don't hate anyone. I just feel sorry for you that you built that wall around your mind and heart
Have you ever wondered why religion just didn't work out for some people? In my case it was not a sudden rejection. My faith died by a thousand cuts inflicted by shitty people who claimed to represent the Christian faith and the seeming indifference of the God they worship. If it all still works for you that's fine but have a little understanding for the multitude harmed by religion.

but have a little understanding for the multitude harmed by religion.
I heard there's no religion in North Korea. I guess nobody is being "harmed" there, right?

I'm obviously being sarcastic.

Do you believe it's possible that we live lives partially separated from God for the purpose of our edification?

Do you believe that you will spend eternity with all of your loved ones FOREVER in paradise with God?

Once they make it clear that they do NOT believe then disengage and privately pray for God to open their eyes and ears and then move on. And, remember, they too are your brothers and sisters and they too will be with us in God's kingdom to come.
I have a better idea. Don't.

If people want to hear about your god they will ask you.

I heard there's no religion in North Korea. I guess nobody is being "harmed" there, right?

I'm obviously being sarcastic.

Do you believe it's possible that we live lives partially separated from God for the purpose of our edification?

Do you believe that you will spend eternity with all of your loved ones FOREVER in paradise with God?
My personal beliefs are personal. I'll never ridicule your personal faith. Religion is a social/political thing that is worthy of the sharpest criticism.

Once they make it clear that they do NOT believe then disengage and privately pray for God to open their eyes and ears and then move on. And, remember, they too are your brothers and sisters and they too will be with us in God's kingdom to come
I’ve got a better idea… how about you just leave people alone unless they come to you asking for advice and guidance? Don’t waste your time praying for folks who don’t want your prayers.

My personal beliefs are personal. I'll never ridicule your personal faith. Religion is a social/political thing that is worthy of the sharpest criticism.

The Bible tells us that our faith is a gift from God. I know you're not asking for faith, but I will nonetheless pray to God to provide it to you.

Ephesians 2:8 esv
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Don’t waste your time praying for folks who don’t want your prayers.
I obey God. I will always pray that God will help nonbelievers to know and follow him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New International Version

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

The Bible tells us that our faith is a gift from God. I know you're not asking for faith, but I will nonetheless pray to God to provide it to you.

Ephesians 2:8 esv
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Whatever floats your boat. My point is that criticism of organized religion and their social/political agendas is not an attack on your personal faith.

My point is that criticism of organized religion and their social/political agendas is not an attack on your personal faith.

I don't believe that I said it was but thanks nonetheless for clarifying.

In my experience the overly religious hate agnostics worse than atheists since agnostics have a aversion to adhering to any particular set of "rules".
You may not believe this, but many Christians also have aversion to adhering to any particular set of rules. That is not to say they don't have a deep sense of right and wrong but that doesn't come from doctrine or dogma.

You may not believe this, but many Christians also have aversion to adhering to any particular set of rules. That is not to say they don't have a deep sense of right and wrong but that doesn't come from doctrine or dogma.
All of mankind are slaves to sin. Christians aren't necessarily better behaved than others, we simply believe that through Christ we can be saved from damnation and eternal death. We don't need Christ because we're good but, rather, because we are bad.

I obey God. I will always pray that God will help nonbelievers to know and follow him
Be careful. Some heathers might find that disrespectful and do something to arrange a direct meeting between you and your God if they knew you were doing that.,

All of mankind are slaves to sin. Christians aren't necessarily better behaved than others, we simply believe that through Christ we can be saved from damnation and eternal death. We don't need Christ because we're good but, rather, because we are bad.
I would never argue that point. But those who reject God/Christ/Christianity often do so because of various dogma and doctrines pushed by the various denominations/congregations that seem silly to them (and some Christians.) They haven't experienced so can't wrap their heads around a personal relationship with the Living Christ and the salvation that goes with that.

I would add that sometimes their rejection of the concept comes from the very unattractive ways the Christ is introduced to them. I know of absolutely nobody who has responded well to being told he/she is going to hell for instance.

I would never argue that point. But those who reject God/Christ/Christianity often do so because of various dogma and doctrines pushed by the various denominations/congregations that seem silly to them (and some Christians.) They haven't experienced so can't wrap their heads around a personal relationship with the Living Christ and the salvation that goes with that.

I would add that sometimes their rejection of the concept comes from the very unattractive ways the Christ is introduced to them. I know of absolutely nobody who has responded well to being told he/she is going to hell for instance.

Well said.

You don't seem to have a balanced view. Even Darwinian principles would recognize that religion must have functional advantages or it wouldn't continue to exist throughout the history of mankind in overwhelming numbers.

Have you ever wondered why religion just didn't work out for some people? In my case it was not a sudden rejection. My faith died by a thousand cuts inflicted by shitty people who claimed to represent the Christian faith and the seeming indifference of the God they worship. If it all still works for you that's fine but have a little understanding for the multitude harmed by religion.
If you are going to blame God or religion for the bad things, shouldn't you also be crediting God or religion with the good things. That would be a balanced view.

If you are going to blame God or religion for the bad things, shouldn't you also be crediting God or religion with the good things. That would be a balanced view.
The things I blamed on God are well in the past. Religion is a real thing people do. It really is something you can blame when it hurts people.

The things I blamed on God are well in the past. Religion is a real thing people do. It really is something you can blame when it hurts people.
Do you believe that the commandments of Jesus hurts people?

Forum List

Back