She Could Become The First Native American Congresswoman — Now Everyone’s Making The Same Joke

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I thought Fuexahontas was the first Native American Congresswoman. Do you suppose she's going to put this upstart in her place?

Warren-Deb-Hellend.jpg

Deb Haaland is one step closer to becoming the first Native American congresswoman in U.S. history. She won her New Mexico primary Tuesday night in a district that leans blue and is currently held by a retiring Democrat.

In an interview with ABC, Haaland said, “In 230 years, there’s never been a Native American woman in Congress. I have never seen myself in that body of our government. Ten years ago, when I was out in Indian country knocking on doors and driving folks to the polls, I never thought I would run for Congress.”

Why is it such a big deal to minorities that someone of their race occupies a particular position?

Why is it such a big deal to minorities that someone of their race occupies a particular position?

Excellent question? Another twist on the question is why is it important what race occupies anything?

Forum List

Back