Sheriff Tells A&E They Aren't Welcome In His County In Georgia Where They Film Show

Sitting here, totally unimpressed by everybody on this issue. Never watched the 'Duck' show, never will. What is to be learned there? So a redneck states his opinions concerning homosexuality. Who cares? They are what they are, and it little matters. A southern sheriff from a podunk rural county makes what is essentially a campaign speech to impress the local rednecks. So what? He will win re-election, then go back to collecting from the pot and meth operations in his county.

I'm sure having A&E filming in his county put money in businesses that may resent what the sheriff has done.

Sure, the Sheriff might get re-elected by playing up his "I stood up for our values" nonsense. Or he might lose when a few businesses make a fuss about how much money they lost because of his stunt.

I doubt Phil will worry. Millionaires typically don't.

really? How much business?....Come on.Surely you are not buying into the idea that these film projects result in a significant increase in local business.

Another economics major. When do you graduate to the real world?

Sitting here, totally unimpressed by everybody on this issue. Never watched the 'Duck' show, never will. What is to be learned there? So a redneck states his opinions concerning homosexuality. Who cares? They are what they are, and it little matters. A southern sheriff from a podunk rural county makes what is essentially a campaign speech to impress the local rednecks. So what? He will win re-election, then go back to collecting from the pot and meth operations in his county.

I'm sure having A&E filming in his county put money in businesses that may resent what the sheriff has done.

Sure, the Sheriff might get re-elected by playing up his "I stood up for our values" nonsense. Or he might lose when a few businesses make a fuss about how much money they lost because of his stunt.

I doubt Phil will worry. Millionaires typically don't.

really? How much business?....Come on.Surely you are not buying into the idea that these film projects result in a significant increase in local business.

After they filmed before.....people were lining up to get in his jail

Bet he has a bunch of empty cells now

The press, the network, and state police agencies can make life very, very miserable for a silly sheriff.

When the sheriff in a neighboring county of ours in Texas went silly, the local and state health departments were sicked on his jail and home.

He became quite docile after that.

Bullying, threats, and intimidation work every time, don't they?

More often than not against rogue officials, yes.

Typical redneck logic. All the business A&E brought locally will go to another town. Hurray for dumbasses.

What business?
here's the deal...Every time a film or commercial crew comes to a city, all that happens is a whole bunch of people are inconvenienced with street closures and the resulting traffic jams.
Then of course there are the ridiculous demands of some of the actors.
Very little in the way of economic benefit is realized.

Even more so if A&E were receiving sheriff's assistance gratis.

Looks like the price is going up for A&E. They either have to pay for another place or get a free place elsewhere.

I doubt a sheriff has the say on what a business can do in his county; that's not what sheriffs do. Anyway the article said that the producers of whatever show films there sometimes gets assistance from the sheriff's office and that he wouldn't be providing it any more. Basically a publicity stunt.

How you cheer for the politically correct has no bearing on reality.
The Sheriff can do as he pleases. The Office has that kind of power.
Without assistance from the Douglas County SO, there is little A&E can do.

They can bury him under an avalanche of lawsuits (that his office cannot pay to defend) until he caves. $10,000,000 is probably most of his buget for a few years...it's a rounding error to A&E.

I doubt a sheriff has the say on what a business can do in his county; that's not what sheriffs do. Anyway the article said that the producers of whatever show films there sometimes gets assistance from the sheriff's office and that he wouldn't be providing it any more. Basically a publicity stunt.

How you cheer for the politically correct has no bearing on reality.
The Sheriff can do as he pleases. The Office has that kind of power.
Without assistance from the Douglas County SO, there is little A&E can do.

They can bury him under an avalanche of lawsuits (that his office cannot pay to defend) until he caves. $10,000,000 is probably most of his buget for a few years...it's a rounding error to A&E.
Suits based on what? That the SO refuses to allocate resources to a tv network?

i'm sure having a&e filming in his county put money in businesses that may resent what the sheriff has done.

Sure, the sheriff might get re-elected by playing up his "i stood up for our values" nonsense. Or he might lose when a few businesses make a fuss about how much money they lost because of his stunt.

I doubt phil will worry. Millionaires typically don't.

really? How much business?....come on.surely you are not buying into the idea that these film projects result in a significant increase in local business.

after they filmed before.....people were lining up to get in his jail

bet he has a bunch of empty cells now
huh?

really? How much business?....come on.surely you are not buying into the idea that these film projects result in a significant increase in local business.

huh?

You have no idea what an advertisement having A&E film in your jail is. Who wants to go to a jail nobody has ever heard of?

I love it when Jarl stands around trying to talk to the adults.

In the meantime, Phil and A&E are going to make up.

huh?

Maybe he had to arrest a lot of the production crew and let them overnight, dry out, whatever, in the county jail?

Forum List

Back