Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

He said he forgot about the speech

until last week, when the NAACP denounced what

it called "racist elements" of the "tea party"

movement.

Angry at the NAACP's move...

---

and the NAACP was right about the racists. they commended tea party for agreeing there are racist elements within.

so this whole thing started with a right wing media guy being upset and angry at truth.
uh, not the truth
there were INFILTRATORS trying to get their racist crap into the tea party

Agreed. There is still a 'Bounty Of Sorts' out there payable by Breitbart for evidence of rascism ephitets and being spit upon as claimed by Pelosi and John Lewis.

And interesting that when it rears it's ugly head? They are expelled?

Yes. Breitbart within the last few days repeated his offer of--I think it is $100k?--for anybody who can provide undoctored video evidence of Tea Partiers shouting or saying racist epithets at black Congressmen that day. The evidence is overwhelming that it never happened since there is no credible witness anywhere who can name or point to the ones doing that.

It's a pretty safe bet that whoever provided the video clips did so in response to the NAACP accusing the Tea Party Movement of being racist. He or she knew of the speech and recalled a couple of provocative statements showing what could be viewed as an approval or celebration of racism towards a white person.

And now there is a nationwide witch hunt underway to find this person. How helpful. How healing.

I'd prefer to see this nonsense of trying people in the press for Racism end. Racism is no longer a credibly accusation post the JournoList Revelation.

Enough.

It's a pretty safe bet that whoever provided the video clips did so in response to the NAACP accusing the Tea Party Movement of being racist. He or she knew of the speech and recalled a couple of provocative statements showing what could be viewed as an approval or celebration of racism towards a white person.

And now there is a nationwide witch hunt underway to find this person. How helpful. How healing.

I'd prefer to see this nonsense of trying people in the press for Racism end. Racism is no longer a credibly accusation post the JournoList Revelation.

Enough.

Agreed. Even the NAALCP came out against Sherrod...And ODD that they had the VID in it's entirety...and released it later on (After this debacle).

Sherrod was a LAMB offered up for slaughter by them, Obama and the Left...until the scenario backfired...and much more after her various appearences on many outlets which STILL show her as rascist.

She's not really a LAMB. From her history, she appears to be a petty race hustler who has profited from suing the USDA for discrimination on behalf of black farmers. She and her husband each received $150K for "pain and suffering" from the government in that case. And now she has a bigger hustle to play. Watch for some big settlement in the future.

Not dishonest sources!

We know Rather's source, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett.

We didn't find that out until 31 years later.

Just sayin'.
The Dumb Act taken to record heights! :lol:
It hasn't been 31 years since the 2004 election! :rofl:

What an idiot. I'm not commenting on Rather - I was talking about Deep Throat and you responded with something that had nothing to do with him.

Deep Throat was the source for the 1974 book, "All The President's Men". His identity wasn't revealed until 2005.

Try again, moron.

Last edited:
so, WHO gets to decide who is the honest vs the dishonest sources?
sure as hell not a hyper partisan hack with an unhealthy obsession to rush like YOU
Everyone concedes, except you maybe, that the video was edited dishonestly.
not everyone
and we wont know that till we know WHO and WHY it was edited
I know you are not serious and are just milking the dumb act for all it's worth. :cuckoo:

Not dishonest sources!

Just sayin'.

What an idiot. Deep Throat was the source for the 1974 book, "All The President's Men". His identity wasn't revealed until 2005.

Try again, moron.
Well, once you commit to the dumb act you have to play it to the very end.

Rather had nothing to do with Deep Throat!!!! Sheeeeesh

Not dishonest sources!

What an idiot. Deep Throat was the source for the 1974 book, "All The President's Men". His identity wasn't revealed until 2005.

Try again, moron.

I know that you dim bulb.

But you didn't.

Not dishonest sources!

Try again, moron.

I know that you dim bulb.

But you didn't.
You know that only since I just told you! :rofl:

Wrong.

I said "Deep Throat, anyone?"

And you responded by citing Dan Rather.

What a moron.

Uhhhh...Journalists do protect their sources.

Deep Throat, anyone?
Not dishonest sources!

Just sayin'.

We didn't find out who Deep Throat was, yes, even though Woodward and Bernstein remained active for decades. There was no effort to protect Burkett because he did not request anonymity.

Who can forget Judith Miller of the NYT going to jail because she would not reveal her anonymous source in the Plamegate fiasco?

The few ethical reporters left do not reveal their sources when they accept information from sources who demand to be anonymous.

I have a huge problem with vague, and obviously fabricated sources, like 'administration staffers say' or something like that to smear somebody. In my book that is shoddy and shameful journalism. But when I was still reporting news, the evidence provided by an anonymous source was given to my editor so that the news organization knew it was legit, but I never revealed a source who asked not to be named until given permission to do so.

Forum List

Back