Shocker! A Liberal Attack On Success

My suggestion to Walmart would be, raise the price of every item you sell by 1% and pass that on to your employees in the form of better wages and benefits.

See what happens. If something awful happens, then you can make the case that you can't get along without paying your employees shit wages.

"..... paying your employees s... wages."

Watch closely:

1. The wages are more than acceptable, or folks wouldn't be lining up for 'em.

2. I was in a Wal-Mart's last week, and saw a sign in the employees area noting the current price of a share of Wal-Mart stock.
The sign noted: "The price of a share depends on you."

Know why they put that up as a motivation?

"Wal-Mart matches employee stock purchases by 15% on the first $1,800 worth of shares bought each year. If you work at the company and write a check to buy $1,800 worth of the stock, the company is going to give you another $270 to buy shares completely free. That results in an automatic 15% return before you’ve collected your first dividend. On top of that, the company matches 100% on the first 6% of salary contributed to a 401(k) plan.

.....they’d retire with nearly $4.9 million in their investment account at average long-term rates of return. If inflation runs the same rate it did during the past century, that would be around $1.7 million in today’s dollars, which would generate $5,700 per month pre-tax without every touching the principal."
A Married Couple Working for Walmart Could Retire and Live Very Comfortably

Perhaps you Liberals should either find out the facts.....or mind your own business.

Weren't you the one yelling for links earlier? It's high time you provided some of your own, to back up this "context" of yours. Calling me a partisan is not a valid argument. Your "context" can only be in part due to the biases of your own skepticism as a liberal, and not rooted in actual empirical evidence.

Please don't lecture me about partisanship when you're the one referring to PC as "PoliticalSpice." That is overtly childish, it only shows you came to antagonize her and not take her points seriously. Honestly, I would expect this garbage out of Jake, but not from you. How disappointing.

I've never seen you scold PC for her propensity to try to antagonize posters.

No, because I rarely see her trying to antagonize anyone. More often than not, it is you who are trying to pick fights with her; that is since you cannot produce any refutatory arguments of your own. Really, if you can't argue her, don't antagonize her. Stop being a troll.

Losing an argument is what antagonizes her the most. That's why I have no choice but to antagonize her.

Once again context is everything. That is not an 80% "success rate". The majority of charter schools did no better than their public school peers thereby exposing the fallacy of PoliticalSpice's allegation. The minute number of charter schools that "outperformed" public schools ,+/-1000, or so represents by only the most optimistic of estimates 1% of the total number of schools in the nation. That alone is well below the margin of error.

So the allegation that charters schools are a "success" is based upon a tiny fraction of a fraction. No investment banker would take a statistical blip of that infintisimal magnitude and use that to place a financial stake of any magnitude.

The numbers are simply not there to justify the allegations. PoliticalSpice is pulling her usual act of throwing out specious quotes and claiming that they amount to "proof". However as soon as you drill down you find a distinct lack of substance. Those who have a vested interest in the success of charter schools are trying their utmost to trumpet what are mere deviations from the norm as "evidence" when they are nothing of the sort.

Please note that your skepticism when it came to the claims about Obamacare were front and center but somehow that same critical review is sadly lacking when it comes to something you have a partisan interest in supporting.

Either you are equally skeptical or you are partisan. Your choice.

Weren't you the one yelling for links earlier? It's high time you provided some of your own, to back up this "context" of yours. Calling me a partisan is not a valid argument. Your "context" can only be in part due to the biases of your own skepticism as a liberal, and not rooted in actual empirical evidence.

Please don't lecture me about partisanship when you're the one referring to PC as "PoliticalSpice." That is overtly childish, it only shows you came to antagonize her and not take her points seriously. Honestly, I would expect this garbage out of Jake, but not from you. How disappointing.

Moi?????

Winning hearts and minds. That's what I'm all about!

No, because I rarely see her trying to antagonize anyone. More often than not, it is you who are trying to pick fights with her; that is since you cannot produce any refutatory arguments of your own. Really, if you can't argue her, don't antagonize her. Stop being a troll.

Losing an argument is what antagonizes her the most. That's why I have no choice but to antagonize her.

Still waiting for that as yet elusive event, huh?

My suggestion to Walmart would be, raise the price of every item you sell by 1% and pass that on to your employees in the form of better wages and benefits.

See what happens. If something awful happens, then you can make the case that you can't get along without paying your employees shit wages.

"..... paying your employees s... wages."

Watch closely:

1. The wages are more than acceptable, or folks wouldn't be lining up for 'em.

False premise.

2. I was in a Wal-Mart's last week, and saw a sign in the employees area noting the current price of a share of Wal-Mart stock.
The sign noted: "The price of a share depends on you."

Know why they put that up as a motivation?

"Wal-Mart matches employee stock purchases by 15% on the first $1,800 worth of shares bought each year. If you work at the company and write a check to buy $1,800 worth of the stock, the company is going to give you another $270 to buy shares completely free. That results in an automatic 15% return before you’ve collected your first dividend. On top of that, the company matches 100% on the first 6% of salary contributed to a 401(k) plan.

.....they’d retire with nearly $4.9 million in their investment account at average long-term rates of return. If inflation runs the same rate it did during the past century, that would be around $1.7 million in today’s dollars, which would generate $5,700 per month pre-tax without every touching the principal."
A Married Couple Working for Walmart Could Retire and Live Very Comfortably

Can you tell us what percent of Walmart employees buy $1800 worth of Walmart stock every year?

Ballpark figure is fair enough.

Last edited:
You asked how government influences Public schools, I gave you an answer. Since you didn't like the answer, you deflected and began lecturing me about comparative essay writing. Honey, when I was in 5th grade I had a reading, spelling, and writing level comparable to an 8th grader's. In 11th Grade, I was writing essays that were comparable to undergraduates, if not better. You have no clue who you're talking to. Your writing lecture is a strawman.

So, Government dumps money into public schools, just the same as Wal-Mart does to charter schools. It's saddening you can't discern that they are doing the same thing. You conveniently ignore that fact. Common Core is the amalgamation of government money dictating the educational processes that occur within the classroom. So, who is it not doing their research, milady?

You have failed to make a factual argument, instead employing a scurrilous ad hominem argument instead. This debate is over.

I didn't ask you anything. You said that they were doing the same thing. I said, make your case. You then began to ask questions.

Fun filled fact, TK.......I have posted quite a bit on Core and government funding of charter schools.
The History of Common Core State Standards - US News

Funding lawsuits

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...s-arguments-in-education-funding-lawsuit.html

Groups behind it:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/343102-democrats-for-education-reform.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/342981-education-reform-now.html

legislation to curb high stakes testing
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/344727-bill-aims-to-curb-high-stakes-testing-mandates.html

Privatization.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/344846-lear-coalition-opposes-push-to-privatize-passhe.html

But, they are all over on the education portion. I have even laid out the corporate funding behind common core.

So, no.......the government drops money into charter schools and you need to start looking at the number of lawsuits being brought up related to the funding formula. Further, there is a reason that we call it faux privatization.

There are no studies that state that charter schools preform better than public schools.
PressTV - Scathing report finds school privatization hurt poor kids

In fact, they aren't held accountable and use tax dollars for advertising. They pick and choose their students and expel students at a faster rate.

I have zero interest in you biased threads against charter schools. I find your lack of objectivity to be disturbing. Since when should government always be allowed to dictate the education of our children? Do you want to know why we rank bottom of the barrel in educational standards? Well, there's your answer.

The CREDO study makes clear that they do. Both you and Derideo resorted to cherrypicking it. PC sited even more studies which proved to the contrary. I am no mood for BS today.

When you can actually prove that Charter Schools are substandard, come back to me. Fun filled fact, Disir: PressTV is an Iranian English language 24 hour news station based in Tehran. Iranian news outlets should be the last place for anyone to look for reputable facts or information.

Charter schools are just one more conservative scheme to leave a certain portion of the unfortunate behind.

I'm in upstate NY where you'll find some of the best public schools in the country. The last thing we need are rightwingers trying to destroy them.

In other words, you're a mindless troll. That's garbage reasoning, pal. You have no choice but to antagonize her because you have no argument. Stop making a spectacle of yourself. I implore you, actually use your brain for once.

You asked how government influences Public schools, I gave you an answer. Since you didn't like the answer, you deflected and began lecturing me about comparative essay writing. Honey, when I was in 5th grade I had a reading, spelling, and writing level comparable to an 8th grader's. In 11th Grade, I was writing essays that were comparable to undergraduates, if not better. You have no clue who you're talking to. Your writing lecture is a strawman.

So, Government dumps money into public schools, just the same as Wal-Mart does to charter schools. It's saddening you can't discern that they are doing the same thing. You conveniently ignore that fact. Common Core is the amalgamation of government money dictating the educational processes that occur within the classroom. So, who is it not doing their research, milady?

You have failed to make a factual argument, instead employing a scurrilous ad hominem argument instead. This debate is over.

I didn't ask you anything. You said that they were doing the same thing. I said, make your case. You then began to ask questions.

Fun filled fact, TK.......I have posted quite a bit on Core and government funding of charter schools.

Funding lawsuits

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...s-arguments-in-education-funding-lawsuit.html

Groups behind it:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/343102-democrats-for-education-reform.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/344727-bill-aims-to-curb-high-stakes-testing-mandates.html

Privatization.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/344846-lear-coalition-opposes-push-to-privatize-passhe.html

But, they are all over on the education portion. I have even laid out the corporate funding behind common core.

So, no.......the government drops money into charter schools and you need to start looking at the number of lawsuits being brought up related to the funding formula. Further, there is a reason that we call it faux privatization.

There are no studies that state that charter schools preform better than public schools.

In fact, they aren't held accountable and use tax dollars for advertising. They pick and choose their students and expel students at a faster rate.

I have zero interest in you biased threads against charter schools. I find your lack of objectivity to be disturbing. Since when should government always be allowed to dictate the education of our children? Do you want to know why we rank bottom of the barrel in educational standards? Well, there's your answer.

The CREDO study makes clear that they do. Both you and Derideo resorted to cherrypicking it. PC sited even more studies which proved to the contrary. I am no mood for BS today. Fun filled fact, Disir:

When you can actually prove that Charter Schools are substandard, come back to me. But until then, stop citing Iranian news sources.

So, you don't have jack. Good to know. PC posted information from a thinktank that funds and profits from charter school legislation. No more and no less.

The real reason that you have no interest is because you simply want to disband public education for profit. No more and no less.

Frankly, it's quite disturbing that you have passed along a myth that the US ranks bottom of the barrel on standards. The state standards are actually more clear than Common Core and you could always just not take the cash. Hey?

The Credo studies:
The first one, from 2009, showed that charter schools performed the same or worse than public schools. The second one showed that charter schools did better (but not better than public schools) because of the ones that had been shut down.

So Walmart's business model only works if they can hire losers who don't deserve anything better than to be the working poor?

you start a grocery store and pay cahiers$100 an hour, let me know how that works.

If your argument depends on an absurdity, you lose the argument.

wait that's absurd? Why do you think giving people a decent wage is absurd?

I don't lose the argument, you proved my point. You know why they don't pay that, and that's why wages are where they are.

you start a grocery store and pay cahiers$100 an hour, let me know how that works.

If your argument depends on an absurdity, you lose the argument.

wait that's absurd? Why do you think giving people a decent wage is absurd?

I don't lose the argument, you proved my point. You know why they don't pay that, and that's why wages are where they are.

Ah, but you forgot the inherent truth of liberalism, my friend. It's the ace up her sleeve. Every card she plays is that trump card. You just didn't recognize it, you confused it as incoherent, pointless babbling, that's what confused you.

Funding lawsuits

Groups behind it:

Privatization.

The CREDO study makes clear that they do. Both you and Derideo resorted to cherrypicking it. PC sited even more studies which proved to the contrary. I am no mood for BS today.

When you can actually prove that Charter Schools are substandard, come back to me. Fun filled fact, Disir: PressTV is an Iranian English language 24 hour news station based in Tehran. Iranian news outlets should be the last place for anyone to look for reputable facts or information.

Charter schools are just one more conservative scheme to leave a certain portion of the unfortunate behind.

I'm in upstate NY where you'll find some of the best public schools in the country. The last thing we need are rightwingers trying to destroy them.

Sure, if you think that ranking 41st in overall composite SAT scores means you have the best public schools in the country:

Commonwealth Foundation - SAT Scores by State 2013

Sure, if you think that ranking 41st in overall composite SAT scores means you have the best public schools in the country:

Commonwealth Foundation - SAT Scores by State 2013

The Commonwealth Foundation for Public Policy Alternatives, commonly known as the Commonwealth Foundation or CF, is Pennsylvania’s free-market think tank.

Our mission is simple: CF crafts free-market policies, convinces Pennsylvanians of their benefits, and counters attacks on liberty.

We do this because of the vision CF has for our state, which is of a “state of freedom” in which all Pennsylvanians enjoy an abundance of opportunities to provide for themselves, their families, and their neighbors.

Exactly what I said. I rest my case.

Funding lawsuits

Groups behind it:

Privatization.

The CREDO study makes clear that they do. Both you and Derideo resorted to cherrypicking it. PC sited even more studies which proved to the contrary. I am no mood for BS today. Fun filled fact, Disir:

When you can actually prove that Charter Schools are substandard, come back to me. But until then, stop citing Iranian news sources.

So, you don't have jack. Good to know. PC posted information from a thinktank that funds and profits from charter school legislation. No more and no less.

The real reason that you have no interest is because you simply want to disband public education for profit. No more and no less.

Frankly, it's quite disturbing that you have passed along a myth that the US ranks bottom of the barrel on standards. The state standards are actually more clear than Common Core and you could always just not take the cash. Hey?

The Credo studies:
The first one, from 2009, showed that charter schools performed the same or worse than public schools. The second one showed that charter schools did better (but not better than public schools) because of the ones that had been shut down.

Actually not. I had plenty. You had threads and eHow articles. Please don't think me for a fool, miss. Common Core is causing outrage. Indiana has abandoned it. Parents and teachers alike aren't falling for this excuse you pass off as educational standards.

Do you get paid by the entire post or by the word?

Too long?

There are medications you can take for your A.D.D.

Speak to your doctor to see if they are right for you.

its the fact that when you run cut and pastes, no one is going to bother to break it up and bore themselves silly replying to each separate link. if you wanted actual discussion, you'd post a point.... allow response... then post your next.

but that isn't what you want. you post a diatribe, want thumbs up from your fellow righties and no discussion on the individual components of your cut and paste.

The Credo studies:

Actually not. I had plenty. You had threads and eHow articles. Please don't think me for a fool, miss. Common Core is causing outrage. Indiana has abandoned it. Parents and teachers alike aren't falling for this excuse you pass off as educational standards.

You have nothing. Common Core is being kicked by as many states as possible. I am not in favor of Common Core. I have not been. Thus as it stands you fail at twisting my words.

Forum List

Back