Shootings of Asian-Americans in Atlanta

Long was wearing that suicide vest for a reason, it seems. He said he was going to kill himself, but decided to help others by eliminating temptation for them instead. He was in treatment for sex addiction, but relapsed frequently while in the halfway house, and he really beat himself up over it according to others in the halfway house with him. His parents kicked him out of the house the day before the shooting for 'his sex addiction,' which no doubt means they caught him at it again. Long not only felt powerless against his addiction, but he felt guilty as hell about it and got ostracized from his family.

He should have pulled the trigger on himself. 'Helping others' was his way of justifying he didn't have the balls to off himself. Police say they don't have any evidence that the first place he hit was even a whore house. He is twisted beyond recognition.

He had a bad day? No. The families and friends of the women he murdered had bad days. What he had was a desire to feel like a badass, so he went after defenseless women.
Cmon man, the cops said he just had a bad day. Leave the kid alone. Boys will be boys!
That's not what he meant. My son's a C.O. at a prison, been there his whole career and he has no sympathy for the inmates. But he has used the same expression about an inmate--said 'He had the worst day of his life and winds up here for the rest of his life.' I remember it because it was out of character for him to say anything empathetic about those guys.
I'm pretty darned sure they pound that into their heads during training at the academy, because I know for a fact my kid didn't think it up.

The Chief was describing it from the perp's perspective, but it doesn't mean he was excusing him. I can understand what line of thinking led Long to kill those women, but it doesn't mean I feel sorry for him. Hang the bastard. I can still get why he did it though. It's called empathy, and it has nothing to do with sympathy. Not if you've just cleaned up eight dead bodies like the Chief.
Why the red thumb, French? Let me have it.

He had a bad day? No. The families and friends of the women he murdered had bad days. What he had was a desire to feel like a badass, so he went after defenseless women.
Cmon man, the cops said he just had a bad day. Leave the kid alone. Boys will be boys!
That's not what he meant. My son's a C.O. at a prison, been there his whole career and he has no sympathy for the inmates. But he has used the same expression about an inmate--said 'He had the worst day of his life and winds up here for the rest of his life.' I remember it because it was out of character for him to say anything empathetic about those guys.
I'm pretty darned sure they pound that into their heads during training at the academy, because I know for a fact my kid didn't think it up.

The Chief was describing it from the perp's perspective, but it doesn't mean he was excusing him. I can understand what line of thinking led Long to kill those women, but it doesn't mean I feel sorry for him. Hang the bastard. I can still get why he did it though. It's called empathy, and it has nothing to do with sympathy. Not if you've just cleaned up eight dead bodies like the Chief.

Double post, but only for effect:

When your cop at the podium is the guy with a Facebook post in his off time saying *checks notes*

He bought a racist shirt proclaiming the virus was "Imported from CHY-NA"

You have a major fucking problem.

Double post, but only for effect:

When your cop at the podium is the guy with a Facebook post in his off time saying *checks notes*

He bought a racist shirt proclaiming the virus was "Imported from CHY-NA"

You have a major fucking problem.
You're sure putting a whole lot of evil thoughts in this guy's head (yeah I don't get the t-shirt at all). But I'm sure it's the rage of the day on fb or whatever that he's a racist and a white supremacist apologist, so no other option is possible in some minds. I don't know him either, so I can only repeat my earlier point that it seems to be an expression they get drilled into them at the Academy.

I have had some really fucked days in my life and not once have I ever wanted to kill innocent women or anyone, so no his day was not bad but the rest of his miserable life in prison will truly be bad and he better get use to biting the pillow if he is in GP because he will need a lot of protection and his ass will be pounded for the payment!

I have had some really fucked days in my life and not once have I ever wanted to kill innocent women or anyone, so no his day was not bad but the rest of his miserable life in prison will truly be bad and he better get use to biting the pillow if he is in GP because he will need a lot of protection and his ass will be pounded for the payment!

This goes back to the quote "Men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them.".

I have had some really fucked to days in my life and not once have I ever wanted to kill innocent women or anyone, so no his day was not bad but the rest of his miserable life in prison will truly be bad and he better get used to biting the pillow if he is in GP because he will need a lot of protection and his ass will be pounded for the payment!
He'll probably figure out a way to kill himself. He's got a heavy case of the guilts for the sex--I wonder if this guy will ever feel guilty for taking eight lives? Sick.

I have had some really fucked to days in my life and not once have I ever wanted to kill innocent women or anyone, so no his day was not bad but the rest of his miserable life in prison will truly be bad and he better get used to biting the pillow if he is in GP because he will need a lot of protection and his ass will be pounded for the payment!
He'll probably figure out a way to kill himself. He's got a heavy case of the guilts for the sex--I wonder if this guy will ever feel guilty for taking eight lives? Sick.
If he was going to kill himself, he would have shot himself. He's not going to die.

This goes back to the quote "Men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them.".

Do either of you remember Richard Speck?

When I read about the individual in Georgia for some reason Richard Speck came to mind!

If he was going to kill himself, he would have shot himself. He's not going to die.

Oh he will die and you can bet on that!

Suicide might be the least painless because what is waiting for him in prison will make him wish he had killed himself!!

Also let be clear he has a mark on him with the Asian gangs and he might get some protection from certain gangs but one slip and he is dead and idiots like him always slip and bam a broomstick is found lodged in his ass and a throat is cut and how do I know?

Grew up four hundred yards from Stateville Pen on the farm where my Uncle was the Sergeant before taking to the tower and later working a Youth Facility in Harrisburg!

Sex workers should carry firearms.
After an appropriate training course and licensing, naturally.

No reason for a license. Get as much training as you can afford in time and money...no mandate.
I have seen too many idiots with guns.

And yet with 600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people able to carry guns in public for self defense........accidental gun deaths have been going down, not up......and before the democrats decided to destroy the police, violent crime was going down, not up....
I have no problem with people carrying guns. I carry mine, of course I am trained, qualified and licensed. I am just not in favor of every idiot in America carrying one with no training, no knowledge of applicable law, and no certification. If your were ever on a unregulated shooting range, you wouldn't either. I've seen military people that didn't need to be carrying one for their own good and the good of everybody in the chow hall or near the sand barrel.

I agree....but......any licensing, will become a ban by other means.....the requirements will become impossible to meet for anyone who isn't rich or well connected...this is how they do it in Britain for the few hunting shotguns they allow people to own....as well as on the continent...

Sorry.....not supporting a restriction on a Right like that...
Got no problem with "right to keep and bear arms" and not debating what a "well regulated militia" is, but gun nuts do not believe in any intelligent regulation at all and that is wrong, makes no sense, gives responsible gun owners a bad name and does away with "well regulated" in any way shape form or fashion. Yesterday some sex addict shot up 3 different whorehouses in Georgia. Today some depressed nut ball from Texas brought all his guns to Washington and got arrested outside what he thought was the home of the Vice President. His mother said he had been depress and phoned to say he was in Washington and going to solve his problems. Would proper licensing solve all that? No. It might help the idiot factor though, having to at least sit a professionally instructed class, take tests of safety and operation before a certified instructor. I say, in your home for personal defense keep anything you want. I do and always have, but some people are a danger to themselves and everybody around them, and should not have them on the street. Everybody free to carry anything they want, just about anywhere they want is in no way well regulated, and your position is poor people may not be able to pay for training and getting a license doesn't make sense. These weapons today are not flint locks or even 6 shooter and this ain't the old west. Wait til you see the hill billy militia guys swaggering around on a range (if you can call it that) with mac 10s dangling with full clips until they line up and start shooting at sticks of dynamite on a berm 40 feet away and walking around drinking beer between rounds. People like them, with no respect for their fire power or safety and you who will indulge any carry anytime by anyone as some sacred right make us all look bad.

600 million guns in private hands......over 19.4 million people legally carry guns in public...

One guy broke the law.....all the laws regarding guns, and murdered people......

Meanwhile, the other 600 million guns were not used to murder anyone, and the 19.4 million people who carry their guns legally did not murder anyone.

You have no rational argument for what you want......we have a history of governments using massive regulations to prevent people who have the legal Right to own and carry guns from being able to own and carry guns...

You are wrong......that is just a fact.

And before the democrats decided to make war on our police.....27 years of more people owning and carrying guns and what was the impact on those things you fear?

49% reduction in gun murder.

75% reduction in gun crime.

72% reduction in violent crime in general.

You have no rational argument for the policies that we know will result in the government barring people from owning and carrying guns.

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

From the CDC.....

Accidental Gun deaths...

161828912_471831960838802_1069463962306031342_n.jpg

A white male?

Shooting spree?!

You don't say.

RIP to the victims but let's be clear. The Asian community banded together and protested nationally so Chinese American NYPD officer Peter Liang would not get jail time for shooting an unarmed black man (Akai Gurley) in a project stairwell in 2016 and he didn't serve any jail time for the murder.

stairwell_shooting_protest-jpeg-03f64_4aba8e5a8b173080b81e87e824003bcb.jpg

liang-page-1.jpg

2TNUIZWRNJHG3OEAASGWGAD3AY.jpg

They felt that because white officers don't serve jail time for shooting unarmed black people neither should Peter.

These are same people on Reddit during the George Floyd protests bragging about being "Rooftop Koreans" with White supremacists.

7ad.jpg

Now in the wake of this Asians are all over insta talking about the black and Asian coming together.

161706975_471831970838801_1086315916216177185_n.jpg

This idea that we're suppose to just jump up and get in formation because they've now finally come to a place of understanding is backwards thinking. This really just shows how weak and docile people think we as black people are. Shit on us for many years and then turn around asking for friendship after all the shit.

Trust me they will ignore this white shooting and show some mentally ill black homeless teen knocking over an old Asian man's grocery bag and shout hate crime!

I remember that Korean male who shot up Virginia Tech college campus in 2007. The Asian community did a press conference apologizing on the shooter's behalf. They were apologizing to white people since the victims were overwhelmingly white.

Do you see white people doing press conferences apologizing for random white men shooting up people?

Happen. Not. Gonna

Would those Asian folks have apologized if the shooter shot up Black people ?

Happen. Not. Gonna.

Look at him (Robert Long - 21)

EwqDVB4VEAM4Jmh

He looks like his entire ancestral line is inbred to the max.

Irony is he was driving a Hyundai while committing a hate crime against Asian people?

White dudes truly are and always have been the top terrorists, public enemy # fucking 1, of this country and the fact that it has been pussyfooted around for all these decades is the reason that their foolery continues to fester.

Bu Bu Bu, But, The Blacks

Last time I checked, Black people didn’t give a enough of a shit to randomly shoot Asians

Let's see the likes of Rocko Foreigner Looking In. Quasar44 Deplorable Yankee spin this

Because, welp, bitches, while you were busy scapegoating the black community for the uptick in anti-Asian incidents, your own people came through to prove your lying, bigoted asses wrong. And whitey provided plenty of ugly receipts in the form of spent bullets, and several dead bodies of Asian people.

The shooter's father was a youth pastor and Robert was known to be religious. Perhaps he was getting even for Trump's "China virus".

HOw does being religious support your conclusion of "trump's china virus"?

Sounds like anti-Christian bigotry.

A start of the "Civil War"?

Trump Pastor Urges Christians To Prepare For Civil War...Again

Against oriental massage girls?

Got it. It is just anti-Christian bigotry from you.
"Oriental"? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I'm not sure from the article exactly which Asian country they victims are from. So, "oriental" is fitting.

You inability to defend your anti-CHristian bigotry is noted.

"Oriental" does not describe people.

Sure it does, as much as Asian does.

You are being a snowflake.

It doesn't. I had this pointed out to me once and simply accepted it. I didn't try and continue to use the wrong word.

Oriental describes a rug.

When I read about the individual in Georgia for some reason Richard Speck came to mind!
Good Lord.
In official social worker language, that guy is broken.

Another sad day for America. Apparently a racist cop was part of the briefing and tried to whitewash the shooter's motives.

View attachment 469057

Cop Who Said Spa Shooter Wasn’t Racist Against Asians Had Promoted Racism Himself

A Georgia sheriff’s captain tried to convince the public Wednesday morning that a man charged with fatally shooting several people of Asian descent the night before was not motivated by race. However, a year ago, the captain promoted merchandise that demonized the Asian community over the coronavirus.

“Yesterday was a really bad day for him, and this is what he did,” the officer said of Long, who is now charged with murder and assault. Baker then said that Long was “fed up” and at the “end of his rope” when he went on a killing spree before trying to flee to Florida. Long also told law enforcement that he was struggling with a sex addiction and targeted the spas to “take out that temptation,” according to Baker.

No....it pointed out that the Chinese flu came from China......just as the German flu came from Germany, the Spanish Flu from Spain, Mexico Small Pox (1520) Sudaan Yellow fever, and all the other locations of all the other outbreaks of pandemics named after where they started...

You shitheads are simply trying to exploit racism again....racism that doesn't exist based on the Chinese either releasing the Chinese flu or failing to contain it in their Bio Weapons lab.....

Good Lord.

Speck was something else and he died in Joliet after having his death sentence commuted during a period the USSC halted executions in the U.S. ...

The guy in Georgia made me think of Speck when talking to my adopted brother and made me realize this guy ( one in Georgia ) might be wanting to be the next Speck and if so well he has the death warrant on him now!

The guy in Georgia didn’t have a bad day but as I have said before what is coming for him will make him wish he had gone down a different road in life because after what he did there are no second chances!

Good Lord.
Yes real sick.

In Heavy it describes him:
Long has been described as a zealously religious person who claimed he targeted Asian women to eliminate “temptation.” His initial plan was to kill himself. Then, he decided to “help” others with sex addiction by targeting massage parlors, he told law enforcement, according to CNN. Officials said there was no evidence of illegal activity at the targeted massage parlors.

Forum List

Back