Should a funeral be a quiet, dignified affair?

I

Indofred

Or should it be a celebration of a life?

Personally, I want heavy rock, semi naked (or naked will be fine) dancing girls, debauchery and other general filth along with necrophiliacs so I can go out with a bang.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQp7Id2ywE]AC/DC - Highway To Hell (Iron Man 2 Version) - YouTube[/ame]

All those tears and miserable sods just aren't my style.

Die as you lived.

Or should it be a celebration of a life?

Personally, I want heavy rock, semi naked (or naked will be fine) dancing girls, debauchery and other general filth along with necrophiliacs so I can go out with a bang.

AC/DC - Highway To Hell (Iron Man 2 Version) - YouTube

All those tears and miserable sods just aren't my style.

Die as you lived.

It should definitely be a celebration of life. I do not want my funeral to be a dismal, dull affair, I want people to be happy, telling stories about me and my life. And there are quite a few tales to tell.

It should be whatever the person and the family decides. Some want a celebration, some want mourning. The worst thing would be to impose upon a grieving family a form of burial ceremony that they do not what, no matter what kind it is.

Should a funeral be a quiet, dignified affair?

Definitely NOT if you're a Viking King, no.

viking_funeral.jpg

I'm not having a funeral.

It's a complete waste of money. Cremate me and do whatever you want with the ashes then go out and have a few drinks.

I do NOT want a service of any kind. I don't even want an obituary published in the local paper.

Can't stand the thought of a bunch of people being put out because they have to pretend that they care that I died.

Just cremate me and dump my ashes on my Mom and Dad's burial site.

Actually, maybe I should think about donating my body so no one even has to deal with that.

But generally speaking, funerals should be whatever the person's loved ones want them to be, unless the person left specific instructions. If they left specific instructions, you should follow those. Such as in my case...cremation, no service, no obituary.

Some people want to make a big deal out of it, either mournful or celebratory, and that's their prerogative.

What the person wants. Gotta admit they are a waste of money.

If my family feels they need to do the wake thing,than put me up at the front of the church one hour before the funeral,have the service and throw me in the ground. I want to be buried in a wedding dress,with two of my childhood stuffed animals. Pine box,simple lining or an old bed sheet will do and that's it. You want to do something on my behalf? Be there for my family after I'm gone.

What the person wants. Gotta admit they are a waste of money.

If my family feels they need to do the wake thing,than put me up at the front of the church one hour before the funeral,have the service and throw me in the ground. I want to be buried in a wedding dress,with two of my childhood stuffed animals. Pine box,simple lining or an old bed sheet will do and that's it. You want to do something on my behalf? Be there for my family after I'm gone.

That was beautiful. Especially this line: You want to do something on my behalf? Be there for my family after I'm gone. What better tribute to your life, than that. Very thoughtful laughinReaper.

For me, I want my ashes to be buried at sea, in an outgoing tide, right here on the Oregon Coast. I want only one person to be there and she will do it right. Then I'm off to "sea" the world....:D

Funerals cost an arm and a leg.

No problem.
Chop an arm and a leg of my rotting corpse, sell them for medical research and use the money to by cakes and hire a rock band.

Problem solved.

My final grandparent was buried on April 15th, my mom's mother that is, and at the funeral my aunt (my mom's sister) pretty much let her daughter and daughter-in-law snap pictures every five seconds it seemed like as if it were a big social event that we all were at and I thought to myself, "What is this, a funeral or the prom???" My mom was not happy about it either. Did we say anything to them about it? No. The reason why we held our tongues was because we didn't want to add more to what already exists thanks to them. :( :( :(

God bless you and my mom always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I told my family long ago that I want cremated...if they want, they can hold a memorial service for me.
I want my ashes split among my children and my parents (if I die before they do) and they each can do something special with me individually.
The only request I have...is for my children to spread some of my ashes on top of their fathers/my late husbands, grave.

they'll burn me.... I'm long gone..... I wouldn't give a fig I am leaving all behind.....I am being honest here.

Do whatever you want! :)

Forum List

Back