Should A President Run His Administration Only To Please His Base?

Should A President Run His Administration According To The Whims of His Base

• Yes, winning his consequences

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No, he's the President of ALL Americans

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Yes. Like EVERY politician, the POTUS is there because a certain segment of the population chose to support him. To avoid, ignore, or abandon thst group in favor of the preferences of those who did not support him is not only akin to political treason, it's likely political suicide.
Were these your sentiments the previous 8 years?

Well he was a half black muslim who wasn't even born in amurka.

It's kind of stating the obvious but a national election is for who is to run the country, not a support base. The latter is what the primaries are for.

That means he will have to address, and represent, the best interests of the country as a whole, including in a lot of areas that he didn't even take a position on while campaigning -- but what he does absolutely *MUST* be done in the greater interests of the country, whether a given action synchs with his campaign rhetoric or not. Once the election is decided, the pandering is over.

That's exactly why the first thing we do, literally at the moment he gets the job, is to make him swear to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution". Not to "preserve, protect and defend those who voted for him" and not to "preserve, protect and defend a political party or ideology". That would be absurd.

In the same way, if we all decide we need to drive to Denver and 310 million of us get into a car, those in the back seat may or may not agree with what routes the driver takes or how he drives. But he damn well better get us there.

We won. You lost. Now get in the back and shut the fuck up.

It's kind of stating the obvious but a national election is for who is to run the country, not a support base. The latter is what the primaries are for.

That means he will have to address, and represent, the best interests of the country as a whole, including in a lot of areas that he didn't even take a position on while campaigning -- but what he does absolutely *MUST* be done in the greater interests of the country, whether a given action synchs with his campaign rhetoric or not. Once the election is decided, the pandering is over.

That's exactly why the first thing we do, literally at the moment he gets the job, is to make him swear to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution". Not to "preserve, protect and defend those who voted for him" and not to "preserve, protect and defend a political party or ideology". That would be absurd.

In the same way, if we all decide we need to drive to Denver and 310 million of us get into a car, those in the back seat may or may not agree with what routes the driver takes or how he drives. But he damn well better get us there.

We won. You lost. Now get in the back and shut the fuck up.
Look around shoog, Goldman Sachs is running the white house as per usual, same as it would have been with Hilary, same as it ever was.

In other words, he should ignore anything Democrats have to say. generating partisanship and division is all they're interested in.
From your own statement, shit for brains, you are 'generating partisanship and division' you bloody hypocrite! Have another hot cup of stupid!
We are already divided, numskull. Republicans want to be left alone to pursue their own interests, and Dims want to take all their stuff and ram their idiotic rules down their throats. There's no reconciling those two agendas.

Or should he consider all Americans as he conducts the running of his Administration and policies?

Why/why not?
What leads you to believe that any President is not doing what is best for the country.

Remember, disagreeing with the policy is NOT equal to the policy being bad for America.

Sure it does. You asked for an "answer." There's no negotiating with Dims. They don't compromise
Your argument is the equivalent of agreeing that if someone asked "What time it is?" and the response was "blue", that that was a sufficient answer and them then being dissatisfied with that shows their no pleasing them.

44169_original.gif

Fuck you.
Obama ran his White House to attack conservatives and white people....so go fuck yourself.
The utter butthurt exhibited in your post really warms my heart.

Please sir, may I have some more?

a960a0ac740d9b1e1a6250ec130b3ea4a7c0f2a79de6a058feb55eeaded97408.jpg
Seems to me you're the person that's been butthurt since November.
You folks talked shit about us and rubbed our noses in shit for the last 8 years..and now all of the sudden you want that bigotry to end because you ain't in charge anymore.

What leads you to believe that any President is not doing what is best for the country.

Remember, disagreeing with the policy is NOT equal to the policy being bad for America.
My OP is just a question, not alluding to anything.

What, in your brain, made you think that it was?

My OP is just a question, not alluding to anything. What makes you think that it was?
Have you asked this question for previous administrations? I don't actually pay that much attention to you so if you have, then post a link to the threads you've started asking this question when other people have been President. Thanks.

Have you asked this question for previous administrations? I don't actually pay that much attention to you so if you have, then post a link to the threads you've started asking this question when other people have been President. Thanks.
Check my record bub.

I post tons of questions, about tons of topics, from tons of perspectives, all the time, all year round. It's the bulk of my threads.

This is just another one of them.

Capice?

mafiababy.jpg

Check my record bub.

I post tons of questions, about tons of topics, from tons of perspectives, all the time, all year round. It's the bulk of my threads.

This is just another one of them.

Capice?

mafiababy.jpg
You didn't answer My question. I ask tons of questions too. Now I'm asking another one.

Have you?

Fuck you.
Obama ran his White House to attack conservatives and white people....so go fuck yourself.
The utter butthurt exhibited in your post really warms my heart.

Please sir, may I have some more?

a960a0ac740d9b1e1a6250ec130b3ea4a7c0f2a79de6a058feb55eeaded97408.jpg
Seems to me you're the person that's been butthurt since November.
You folks talked shit about us and rubbed our noses in shit for the last 8 years..and now all of the sudden you want that bigotry to end because you ain't in charge anymore.

Correct! Post Obummer election we got the elections have consequences, the sit down and stfu, the you lost, and let the adults in the room do the talking.

Forum List

Back