Should abstinence 101 be taught in public education

Should abstinence 101 be taught in public education

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
Teens who have received abstinence-only education have been shown to be more likely to get pregnant than teens who received birth control education.

That answers my question I asked about about the REAL WORLD.

So, why can't they be taught both? Why is it that liberals don't want to tell a young lady that NOT having sex, an act that will result in a baby, is an option?
In sex education classes, the students ARE taught about the abstinence option.

They are taught ALL options.

So you just wanted to go off on a rant this morning. Feel better now?

Teens who have received abstinence-only education have been shown to be more likely to get pregnant than teens who received birth control education.

You are the one limiting what is taught, not me. I have three daughters.

All teaching is limited into what is true and what is false.

Wrong. A lot of it is trial and error, until a workable path is found.

So, why can't they be taught both? Why is it that liberals don't want to tell a young lady that NOT having sex, an act that will result in a baby, is an option?

Oh yeah....Sure they are...My bet is that the day for condom application is more intense than teaching that 13 year old that spreading her legs will result in a pregnancy....But hey, not to worry right? I mean we have a last ditch method of contraception, we can just kill it, and suck it right on out of there....Sad.

All true Christian know that abstinence does not prevent pregnancy. Case in point:

The Virgin Mary got knocked up without ever playing 'hide the weenie'.

So it's a fundamental Christian belief that abstinence doesn't work.

Do you think so, check one, Yes or No.

I agree with the intent of my friend's political cartoon that makes fun of anti sex-ed freeks.

16406825_10207907830204626_9056898700992027346_n.jpg

They are not allowed to teach morality in schools, it's forbidden cuz they should be learning that from home.

God help us if we teach them right from wrong. Do we really want a nation of law abiding conservatives?

Oh yeah....Sure they are...My bet is that the day for condom application is more intense than teaching that 13 year old that spreading her legs will result in a pregnancy....But hey, not to worry right? I mean we have a last ditch method of contraception, we can just kill it, and suck it right on out of there....Sad.
Did you come to this topic to teach us how utterly ignorant you are of what goes on at school?

Okay, we get it.

We can't even stop teachers from having sex with the kids.

I was reading an article where a teacher was caught having sex with a couple of 17 year olds. It said that the age of consent was 16 in that state so she would not make the sex offender list, but she did have to give up her job.

Since teachers are inevitably going to "do it" anyway, should that be taught as well in schools?

Wrong. A lot of it is trial and error, until a workable path is found.

You just said what I said....they dont teach the untrue stuff but they will test. Have you ever learned about the Moon being made of Blue Cheese? Then your teaching was limited to what is real and what is bullshit

It should be as much a part of sex ed as homosexuality and other things they throw in there.

Should baking class include grilling? lol

You can use a grill to bake. Not the preferred method, but do you like to be under informed?

On things that dont work? Yes, please dont teach me options that are failures. Thats bad teaching

Science more often than not has failure in experiments, yet learning is still achieved. Statistics uses a methodology that results in failed conclusions. Many make mistakes early in the learning process.

Did you come to this topic to teach us how utterly ignorant you are of what goes on at school?

Okay, we get it.

Nah, I raised two kids through the public system, I am well aware of "what goes on at school".... I am just saying, why teach anything if we are going to tell kids that they can just kill the resulting baby with no conscience repercussions....Hell, we won't even call it what it is....And I think that is sad.

The children should also be taught that smoking is "bad" even though some will do it anyway. Why not set the bar high and hope for the best?

Honestly, why do we have a legal system that criminalizes children having sex, on the one hand, and then hands them out condoms at school?

Society is insane.

We can't even stop teachers from having sex with the kids.

I was reading an article where a teacher was caught having sex with a couple of 17 year olds. It said that the age of consent was 16 in that state so she would not make the sex offender list, but she did have to give up her job.

Link? In those places where there is a low age of consent, it is usually still illegal for someone in a position of authority over them (like a teacher or coach) to have sex with someone of that age.

Since teachers are inevitably going to "do it" anyway, should that be taught as well in schools?
Since people are going to murder despite laws against it, should we teach how to commit murder?

You clearly don't understand the difference between consensual sex and a crime.

Delaying when a person has sex, can work, it may let the person mature more first. There are more benefits than just not making a kid now. What you are suggesting is it is an impossibility it can work at all, which is false, yet you want it taught as false.

Schools should not contradict parents' teaching.

I they do they should be imprisoned.

Okay, we get it.

Nah, I raised two kids through the public system, I am well aware of "what goes on at school".... I am just saying, why teach anything if we are going to tell kids that they can just kill the resulting baby with no conscience repercussions....Hell, we won't even call it what it is....And I think that is sad.

There was a girl who got raped in a study hall at a local school. The father got wind of it and demanded that the teacher explain herself as to how she could have let that happen. The teachers comment was inexplicable, she said that it was not her job to teach the children morality.

And that is pretty much where we are as a society. We send children to school for 8 hours out of the day in a moral vacuum and hope they get moral teaching at home for a few hours out of the day in the evening.

Make not mistake, not teaching morality is still taking a position on morality. It teaches the children that there is no real morality, only relative morality that they can make up as they please.

Forum List

Back