Should abstinence 101 be taught in public education

Should abstinence 101 be taught in public education

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
We can't even stop teachers from having sex with the kids.

I was reading an article where a teacher was caught having sex with a couple of 17 year olds. It said that the age of consent was 16 in that state so she would not make the sex offender list, but she did have to give up her job.

Link? In those places where there is a low age of consent, it is usually still illegal for someone in a position of authority over them (like a teacher or coach) to have sex with someone of that age.

Since teachers are inevitably going to "do it" anyway, should that be taught as well in schools?
Since people are going to murder despite laws against it, should we teach how to commit murder?

You clearly don't understand the difference between consensual sex and a crime.

What would it matter if I gave the link?

You would either say:

1. It is fake newsj

Or

2. Only just one crazy person, the world if full of them.

I was reading an article where a teacher was caught having sex with a couple of 17 year olds. It said that the age of consent was 16 in that state so she would not make the sex offender list, but she did have to give up her job.

Link? In those places where there is a low age of consent, it is usually still illegal for someone in a position of authority over them (like a teacher or coach) to have sex with someone of that age.

Since teachers are inevitably going to "do it" anyway, should that be taught as well in schools?
Since people are going to murder despite laws against it, should we teach how to commit murder?

You would either say:

1. It is fake newsj

Or

It matters because you are lying. In a topic heavily-laden with discussion about morality.

Ah. Votto must have been talking about this case: Texas teacher pleads GUILTY to sex with 17-yr-old students | Daily Mail Online

A teacher had sex with two 17 year old students.

And like I said, it is illegal for a teacher to have sex with her students even if they are over the age of consent.

Since it was a CRIME, she got arrested and received probation.

She faced charges ONLY because she was a teacher. Had she not been the teacher she would have not faced any charges, which is why she did not have to be put on a sex offender list.

If abstinence were taught and were effective 12 years and 9 months ago would we be reading this thread?

Apparently it wasn't and it had it been it wasn't.

Ah for the good old days when families were allowed to decide for themselves what and when children should be taught about. Y'know, instead of being the province of teachers, some of whom might use the "learning" to their own perverted benefit.

Half of all abortions are due to no birth control of any kind being used during the sex act which led to the unwanted pregnancy. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

It then follows that we could substantially decrease the rate of abortion in the US by increasing the use of birth control and increasing education about birth control.

Once abortions are substantially reduced, then they become more stigmatized, and we would probably see another drop.

That's why, as a pro-lifer, I very much favor the increase of birth control usage and birth control education.

Nothing else has worked to reduce abortions. And if we repeal Roe v. Wade, which I believe should be done as a matter of principle, we will not see a decline in abortions. There were nearly a million abortions a year before Roe v Wade.

We have let the ignorant extremists of both sides control the conversation for far too long, with the result of the number of annual abortions being minimally changed in all that time.

Nothing to really disagree with there...But, the fact remains that we must do something to combat the perception that abortion is a method of birth control...

Ah. Votto must have been talking about this case: Texas teacher pleads GUILTY to sex with 17-yr-old students | Daily Mail Online

And like I said, it is illegal for a teacher to have sex with her students even if they are over the age of consent.

She faced charges ONLY because she was a teacher. Had she not been the teacher she would have not faced any charges, which is why she did not have to be put on a sex offender list.
It was a crime. You compared an apple to an orange.

In some states, only the most violent sex offenders are put on the sex offender list, or those who molested a child under the age of 12.

You would either say:

1. It is fake newsj

Or

It matters because you are lying. In a topic heavily-laden with discussion about morality.

Lying does not matter in our society anymore, simply because society does not value morality anymore. That's why lying Hillary won the popular vote. We not only tolerate our leaders lie to us, we demand it.

Half of all abortions are due to no birth control of any kind being used during the sex act which led to the unwanted pregnancy. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

It then follows that we could substantially decrease the rate of abortion in the US by increasing the use of birth control and increasing education about birth control.

Once abortions are substantially reduced, then they become more stigmatized, and we would probably see another drop.

That's why, as a pro-lifer, I very much favor the increase of birth control usage and birth control education.

Nothing else has worked to reduce abortions. And if we repeal Roe v. Wade, which I believe should be done as a matter of principle, we will not see a decline in abortions. There were nearly a million abortions a year before Roe v Wade.

We have let the ignorant extremists of both sides control the conversation for far too long, with the result of the number of annual abortions being minimally changed in all that time.

We don't have an abortion problem in this country. We have an unwanted pregnancy problem. We solve that and the symptom of abortion almost entirely goes away.

The abortion "problem" will never be solved by prohibition. It will only be solved through science and education.

It was a crime. You compared an apple to an orange.

In some states, only the most violent sex offenders are put on the sex offender list, or those who molested a child under the age of 12.

No, you are misrepresenting what I was saying. I was merely making the point that in some states kids in high school can have sex with adults legally.

We don't have an abortion problem in this country. We have an unwanted pregnancy problem. We solve that and the symptom of abortion almost entirely goes away.

The abortion "problem" will never be solved by prohibition. It will only be solved through science and education.

Wrong again. We have a morality problem in this country

Votto

Check this out, boys and girls:

Police say Wey had sex with one of the boys about 10 times between August and September after meeting him at a student ministry program that summer.

Priceless!

So, why can't they be taught both? Why is it that liberals don't want to tell a young lady that NOT having sex, an act that will result in a baby, is an option?
In sex education classes, the students ARE taught about the abstinence option.

They are taught ALL options.

Oh yeah....Sure they are...My bet is that the day for condom application is more intense than teaching that 13 year old that spreading her legs will result in a pregnancy....But hey, not to worry right? I mean we have a last ditch method of contraception, we can just kill it, and suck it right on out of there....Sad.
Did you come to this topic to teach us how utterly ignorant you are of what goes on at school?

Okay, we get it.

Nah, I raised two kids through the public system, I am well aware of "what goes on at school".... I am just saying, why teach anything if we are going to tell kids that they can just kill the resulting baby with no conscience repercussions....Hell, we won't even call it what it is....And I think that is sad.

There was a girl who got raped in a study hall at a local school. The father got wind of it and demanded that the teacher explain herself as to how she could have let that happen. The teachers comment was inexplicable, she said that it was not her job to teach the children morality.

And that is pretty much where we are as a society. We send children to school for 8 hours out of the day in a moral vacuum and hope they get moral teaching at home for a few hours out of the day in the evening.

Make not mistake, not teaching morality is still taking a position on morality. It teaches the children that there is no real morality, only relative morality that they can make up as they please.
Sure....true story? Sure.

She allegedly had sex with one student approximately 10 times beginning when she went to Africa with him and his family on a ministry trip

Priceless!

So much for parents preaching abstinence! :lol:

Do you think so, check one, Yes or No.

I agree with the intent of my friend's political cartoon that makes fun of anti sex-ed freeks.

16406825_10207907830204626_9056898700992027346_n.jpg
Okay Jake, here is a question that you can answer?

What contraception technique is 100% fool proof? Without killing unborn or born children?
a. Condom
b. Pill
c. RU486
d. Vaginal Mesh
e. Abstinence
f. put an aspirin between a girls knees and tell her not to let it fall.

Now focus Jake, which one is will prevent a birth 100% of the time?

View attachment 110978

100% of unwanted pregnancies are because of a failure of abstinence teaching

Thank you so much for demonstrating the superiority of abstinence teaching by bringing up the teacher humping a teen under the watchful eyes of his parents while on a Christian missionary tour, Votto!

Oh my God, this is going to have me laughing all week. :lol:

"Do as I say..."

In sex education classes, the students ARE taught about the abstinence option.

They are taught ALL options.

Oh yeah....Sure they are...My bet is that the day for condom application is more intense than teaching that 13 year old that spreading her legs will result in a pregnancy....But hey, not to worry right? I mean we have a last ditch method of contraception, we can just kill it, and suck it right on out of there....Sad.
Did you come to this topic to teach us how utterly ignorant you are of what goes on at school?

Okay, we get it.

Nah, I raised two kids through the public system, I am well aware of "what goes on at school".... I am just saying, why teach anything if we are going to tell kids that they can just kill the resulting baby with no conscience repercussions....Hell, we won't even call it what it is....And I think that is sad.

There was a girl who got raped in a study hall at a local school. The father got wind of it and demanded that the teacher explain herself as to how she could have let that happen. The teachers comment was inexplicable, she said that it was not her job to teach the children morality.

And that is pretty much where we are as a society. We send children to school for 8 hours out of the day in a moral vacuum and hope they get moral teaching at home for a few hours out of the day in the evening.

Make not mistake, not teaching morality is still taking a position on morality. It teaches the children that there is no real morality, only relative morality that they can make up as they please.

Something happened with this post...I don't understand why the site has to string all conversations that came before this entry...Surely when the 'reply with quote' button is hit, then just the person you are quoting shows up....otherwise we get stuff like this...I'll address what I think was your response to me....

The girl in the library is a sad story, and had I been the parent of that girl, the school would have been firing that teacher for failing to keep my child safe. But that double standards abound from liberals that have taken over our education system is an understatement...

The teacher was eventually fired, although that is rare because it is very costly.

The story simply had too much media attention, otherwise it probably would not have happened.

Thank you so much for demonstrating the superiority of abstinence teaching by bringing up the teacher humping a teen under the watchful eyes of his parents while on a Christian missionary tour, Votto!

Oh my God, this is going to have me laughing all week. :lol:

"Do as I say..."

The point is, society sends mixed messages.

On the one hand, a 17 year old can legally have sex with an adult but not in school.

Or we tell children under the age of consent, depending on the state, that having sex is not legal, but then give them condoms.

I'm glad you think it so funny.

Forum List

Back