Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
They will though. Not all of them obviously, but its inevitable, some will insist that they have a right to be married in a Baptists church and that any church that disagrees is violating their rights. Never mind the fact that the COTUS doesn't prevent ME from violating your rights.

Of course some will insist, and they, like you, will fail in violating others rights.

Who's rights am I trying to violate?

Yo, the deal is done and the OP is generally agreed to that churches should not host gay marriages that don't want to.
Yes, 82% of the respondants agree.

Kind of washes out the "Most Americans support gay marriage" thing though doesn't it? I mean the equivalent would be "Most Americans support equal rights for blacks" in the 1960s and then having a poll that shows 82% of Americans saying "but they just can't use the same water fountains as whites".

Only...resist the insulting and erroneous urge to compare the struggles of blacks to butt sex.... The example was to illustrate a serious flaw in the "polling data" the LGBT media keeps releasing that doesn't quite line up with other non-LGBT controlled or influenced outlets..

I don't see that. First of all, there was never serious contention that the state had the power to go into individual churches, or denominations, and enforce some govt set liturgy. Second, the GLBT folks weren't demanding that the Baptists and Catholics marry them.

They will though. Not all of them obviously, but its inevitable, some will insist that they have a right to be married in a Baptists church and that any church that disagrees is violating their rights. Never mind the fact that the COTUS doesn't prevent ME from violating your rights.

well, a majority has no interest in doing so, and frankly why would they want to belong to a church that wants to discriminate against them. But, regardless, const law is very settled that courts will not interfere with liturgy or theology of any Christian sect.

And that is why the OP is a false link to somehow marriage equality is going to make churches perform marriages they wish not to perform.

Yes, but they didn't get that idea from Christianity. That's a lie.

They used Christianity to justify it. That is the truth.

What you try to use Christianity to justify and what it actually supports are not necessarily the same thing. The Bible warns about this very thing several times, which you would know if you bothered to know something about Christianity other than how much you hate it and its adherents.

Real Christians do not pay attention to the far right social cons trapped in the heresy of evangelicalism or fundamentalism for solid interpretation of Christian doctrine.

Of course some will insist, and they, like you, will fail in violating others rights.

@JakeStarkey I ask again, who's rights do you imagine I am trying to infringe here sir?

@JakeStarkey I ask again, who's rights do you imagine I am trying to infringe here sir?

Your own words, trainee.

Your own words, trainee.

in other words, you have nothing you floundering buffoon because I have CLEARLY stated my support of allowing gays to "marry"

Should Churches be forced to accommodate for homosexual weddings?

I thought that was why Jefferson called for a separation between Church and State?

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (Jan. 1. 1802) - Library of Congress - Separation of Church & State

Homosexual advocates dictating what a family is, against what occurs in nature.

The homosexual dictators will not stop, they must destroy the churches teachings.

If homosexuality is so natural, why all the force?

Homosexual advocates dictating what a family is, against what occurs in nature.

The homosexual dictators will not stop, they must destroy the churches teachings.

If homosexuality is so natural, why all the force?

Well, to be fair, in order to access the kids they want to get at, you know, "to adopt as a normal family", they have to eradicate christianity because it has some very strict rules about promoting homosexual cultures. Ist Verboten and there is no compromise on that.

So, naturally, most organized religions have to go. It's why they pulled the coup on the Vatican last year. Because it is the most unwavering entity with the christian label we have. They were trying to get at the "weed" by the root.

I wonder if they were "sending a message" to the next Pope or if they actually thought thousands of years of stalwart catholicism with billions of practitioners would suddenly lay down and give up their mores for a johnny-come-lately gay fascism? All they did was replace Pope Benedict with Pope Francais. Neither one is going to give the stamp of legitimacy to homosexuality as a cultural "OK".

The Bible is very clear and specific: NO.

Your own words, trainee.

in other words, you have nothing you floundering buffoon because I have CLEARLY stated my support of allowing gays to "marry"

When your own words, rookie, rebut you, I only have to point them out.

I am glad you support marriage equality.

Check what you write before you post.

Your own words, trainee.

If you read ANYTHING in this thread that you thought meant I don't support "gay marriage" that is your problem not mine.

I say let em "marry" and I'll make fun of their sham.

It's a win win.

If heterosexuality is normal, in "order to access the kids they want to get at, you know, 'to adopt as a normal family,' they have to" eradicate competition.

Your argument is a transparent failure, Sil, from the get go.

Your own words, trainee.

If you read ANYTHING in this thread that you thought meant I don't support "gay marriage" that is your problem not mine.

I say let em "marry" and I'll make fun of their sham.

It's a win win.

I never said a word about what you though about gay marriage, troop, only about what you were saying about rights. Read what you post, yo.

If heterosexuality is normal, in "order to access the kids they want to get at, you know, 'to adopt as a normal family,' they have to" eradicate competition.

Your argument is a transparent failure, Sil, from the get go.
Yet as usual you fail to define why you've come to that conclusion. I'll take that as the surrender it is.

What you try to use Christianity to justify and what it actually supports are not necessarily the same thing. The Bible warns about this very thing several times, which you would know if you bothered to know something about Christianity other than how much you hate it and its adherents.

That doesn't stop the bigots from using it to justify their racist or anti gay bigotry. You don't think the passages justified bigotry...they were certain it did. How come their "deeply held" religious beliefs don't matter?

Yo, the deal is done and the OP is generally agreed to that churches should not host gay marriages that don't want to.
Yes, 82% of the respondants agree.

Kind of washes out the "Most Americans support gay marriage" thing though doesn't it? I mean the equivalent would be "Most Americans support equal rights for blacks" in the 1960s and then having a poll that shows 82% of Americans saying "but they just can't use the same water fountains as whites".

Only...resist the insulting and erroneous urge to compare the struggles of blacks to butt sex.... The example was to illustrate a serious flaw in the "polling data" the LGBT media keeps releasing that doesn't quite line up with other non-LGBT controlled or influenced outlets..

I don't see that. First of all, there was never serious contention that the state had the power to go into individual churches, or denominations, and enforce some govt set liturgy. Second, the GLBT folks weren't demanding that the Baptists and Catholics marry them.

well, a majority has no interest in doing so, and frankly why would they want to belong to a church that wants to discriminate against them. But, regardless, const law is very settled that courts will not interfere with liturgy or theology of any Christian sect.
Churches have their guidelines that God has specified was a sin it has nothing to do with decriminalization. Don';t be gay if you want to get to heaven. After all isn't that what going to church is all about being with like minded poeople?

Forum List

Back