Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Very relevant, guys. No church has been forced to marry anyone they did not want to marry. If there is not a 9 or 14 public interest that compels the 1st protection of religious association be avoided, then churches are safe.

Of course corporations are people now.

Texas Presbyterian should be sued for willful negligence in the death of the patient and the illness of the two nurses. The chief administrators should go to prison for ten years and ten years of dividends should be diverted to Dallas public health systems.
Corporations are not people ... what a dumb ass thing to say.

Citizens United have opened the door to such statute development for curbing corporation excesses and punishing shareholders.

Hobby Lobby opened the door for getting rid of Public Accommodation laws.

That is a real possibility.

Not with the current SCOTUS...

The Hobby Lobby Ruling Is Surprisingly Good for Gays

Very relevant, guys. No church has been forced to marry anyone they did not want to marry. If there is not a 9 or 14 public interest that compels the 1st protection of religious association be avoided, then churches are safe.

Texas Presbyterian should be sued for willful negligence in the death of the patient and the illness of the two nurses. The chief administrators should go to prison for ten years and ten years of dividends should be diverted to Dallas public health systems.

Citizens United have opened the door to such statute development for curbing corporation excesses and punishing shareholders.

That guy you are linking to... yeah he's an idiot.

We in the mainstream of the GOP need to think real hard: do we reach out to women, minorities, Hispanics, cultural movements or do we keep the Far Right on board.

If we do the latter, HRC will run and win if she his healthy. She will win easily, and then nominate any where from two to six justices over an eight year period.

The justices will go after Citizens and Hobby Lobby.

I don't know why the GOP is so hard headed about that. Where is the far right going to go? Nowhere of course. The Republicans need to get with the program. That's how the Dems keep the black vote. They don't have any record of actually doing anything positive for blacks, but where are blacks going to go? And both the Dems and the blacks know that, so status quo it is.

"get with the program"

Seems the Democrat program is to pander to any group in order to buy votes. No thanks.
The blacks tried to get off the plantations for 300 years and the Liberals have been pulling them back onto them for the last 150.

Your post is nothing more than that of a rabid rat gnashing his feet because the world won't be the way he wants it to be.

I would rather tax churches and unions and businesses at the rate we tax citizens.

Because it is a stretch to think it was "good" for anyone? I agree, but Kennedy made sure to be very clear about the implications of HL and discrimination against gays.

Because it is a stretch to think it was "good" for anyone? I agree, but Kennedy made sure to be very clear about the implications of HL and discrimination against gays.
The SCOTUS making mention of possible implications is not law, it's opinion.

I would rather tax churches and unions and businesses at the rate we tax citizens.
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. The government doesn't need anymore more money, it needs to learn how spend within in it's means.

Employees of churches that get paid for their job do pay taxes at the same rate we tax citizens.

Since half of the citizens don't pay income taxes, you are already getting what you want.

We in the mainstream of the GOP need to think real hard: do we reach out to women, minorities, Hispanics, cultural movements or do we keep the Far Right on board.

If we do the latter, HRC will run and win if she his healthy. She will win easily, and then nominate any where from two to six justices over an eight year period.

I don't know why the GOP is so hard headed about that. Where is the far right going to go? Nowhere of course. The Republicans need to get with the program. That's how the Dems keep the black vote. They don't have any record of actually doing anything positive for blacks, but where are blacks going to go? And both the Dems and the blacks know that, so status quo it is.

"get with the program"

Seems the Democrat program is to pander to any group in order to buy votes. No thanks.
The blacks tried to get off the plantations for 300 years and the Liberals have been pulling them back onto them for the last 150.

Your post is nothing more than that of a rabid rat gnashing his feet because the world won't be the way he wants it to be.

Says the one that demands the definition of marriage be re-written to suit his beliefs about two fags marrying and State laws be overturned for the same reason. Your problem is you do the same thing you accuse me of doing yet try, but ultimately fail, to justify how you doing it is OK.

God and goddess, I damn well hope so...

Taxing dividends is a just recommendation for share holders being protected by partial liability.

With HL and CU, we have opened the door to treating corporations in criminal courts as persons for criminal activities and liabilities.

"get with the program"

Says the one that demands the definition of marriage be re-written to suit his beliefs about two fags marrying and State laws be overturned for the same reason. Your problem is you do the same thing you accuse me of doing yet try, but ultimately fail, to justify how you doing it is OK.
My justification is the Constitution, instead of your ideology and church propaganda.

Taxing dividends is a just recommendation for share holders being protected by partial liability.

With HL and CU, we have opened the door to treating corporations in criminal courts as persons for criminal activities and liabilities.

Share holders are not and should be in a protected group.

Share holders are not and should be in a protected group.
Are you on drugs?

Wrong again. How many times are you gonna post these lies?

79,000 and counting for Fakey the Human Spambot.
Are we veering away from the topic in hopes the moderator will make the poll results at the top go away before the election ...again...? 79,000 is impressive though Jar Jar. I'll agree with you there.

Is anyone seriously entertaining that of that 82%, some of the voters were supportive of gay marriage in general...just not in churches? Remember that "other, explain" was one of the options. Whenever I've seen a poll with loaded questions, the gay advocates scream and kick and insist they won't vote because the questions aren't worded to their liking. Inasmuch as the "no" option was more like "oh HELL NO!", you can hang your hat on the fact that thoes 82% of one of the largest polls ever here at USMB, tiptoed in silently, opposed gay marriage and then tiptoed out without posting here because of fears of being attacked or labelled "bigot, homophobe or closet homo" for having any opposing opinion to "gay marriage".

"get with the program"

My justification is the Constitution, instead of your ideology and church propaganda.

Then you can show me the word "marriage" in the Constitution.

"get with the program"

Laws don't need to be rewritten....restrictions against gays marrying based on gender need to be dropped. That's it.

"get with the program"

Then you can show me the word "marriage" in the Constitution.
It's right next to the word "procreation".

Forum List

Back