Should government run society?

Should government run society?

• No, government should govern.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes, but democratically.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
The expansion of government to intervene in more and more of society's activities is, in my view, at the heart of our current political dysfunction. The reason everyone is SO desperate to keep the "other side" from gaining power, is that government has far too much power. The more government is tasked with "running" society, the more people and interest groups will strive to control government.
Many like me can run ourselves with little government. It gets in the way rather than assisting .
Doing what you do best is the nature of American success.

Of course. You're a lunatic extremist. There's tyranny around every corner for you. How fucking dull.
And you are a gullible brainwashed dumbass. Hitler and Stalin loved people like you. They just put up a sign over the abattoir that says "showers," and you walk right in.

Government exists to serve and protect
Now we thinkers know you libbies cannot self regulate and need the nanny state to nurse you along but most Americans don’t need nor believe in that.

It's not the "libbies" who cannot self regulate. Conservatism leads to war, revolution even. The USA was born out of a liberal revolution against conservative rule that ignored the will and the needs of the people. Ditto the French Revolution, and the Russian Revolution.

The reason why communist revolutions were all the rage in the 1950's and early 1960's was precisely because of conservative rule by despotic monarchs, potenatates and dictators on both sides of the political spectrum. However, the Animal Farm ending was always the same. The "people's leader" devolved into a brutal authoritarian dictatorship, where a privileged class kept the citizens enslaved to the government for little benefit to themselves.

But modern Western Democracies, which insist on ethics in government, and which punish corruption, have managed to stay on a democratic track without devolving into dictatorships. The USA appears to be faltering big time in that regard.

You're Germany just before Hitler at the moment.

Many like me can run ourselves with little government. It gets in the way rather than assisting .
Doing what you do best is the nature of American success.

Wrong on every score. American success is built on a platform of universal public education from kindergarten to high school, giving American corporations a well educated and motivated work force, combined with the protection of private property rights, including intellectual property rights and protections. All of this foundational infrastructure has provided opportunities for your best and your brightest to exploit their ideas to their own benefit without having to turn them over to their kings or overlords.

These are all things which your current Republican Party is seeking to end. Especially the quality, universal publicly funded education part. Universal voting. But they are strong on the rights of shareholders to all of the money.

But they are strong on the rights of shareholders to all of the money.
I'm strong on the rights of everyone to give their money to whomever the please. If that means some people end up with a lot of it, if that's the will of the people, so be it. Why should government overrule them?

And you are a gullible brainwashed dumbass. Hitler and Stalin loved people like you. They just put up a sign over the abattoir that says "showers," and you walk right in.
I'm the guy that gets shit done. I don't cry about things I can't change. In comparison, you are a fucking magaturd pussyboi. A complete waste of time and space (& pixels).

I'm the guy that gets shit done. I don't cry about things I can't change. In comparison, you are a fucking magaturd pussyboi. A complete waste of time and space (& pixels).
Yeah, you get stuff done, like herding Jews into the gas chamber.

You're a fucking douchebag.

Forum List

Back