Should Ichiro make the baseball HOF?

Sadly there are people that are making it in without great stats. Bill Mazeroski for example. Alan Trammell just got in and his stats aren't all that either.
Trammell was a SS, so yeah. Outfielders with Pinson's numbers are a dime-a-dozen.

Yes Trammell was a SS but he still didn't even have great stats that he should have. He had a career .977 fielding, most walks he had in a season was 69, only had 236 stolen bases... and worse of all was caught stealing 109 times! He was barely over 50% successful stealing.
If you weren't ignorrant about baseball, you would understand that a .977 fielding % is not bad for a SS and that Trammell was an altogether more valuable player than Pinson. This isn't fantasy bb we're talking about.
It ain't a good percentage for a shortstop, either.

He's tied for 30th all-time.

Career Leaders & Records for Fielding % as SS | Baseball-Reference.com
30 out of 288 ain't good?
288 aren't being inducted into the HoF. Look at 1-29. Most of them are not HoF worthy, but still better fielders than Trammel.

Suzy does compare well to rose. Both men had good BA and little power. Musial is something else. Far far above either man as a hitter. Stan is one of the top 5 hitters of all time.
List your top 5 hitters. Are you talking strictly batting averages?

Batting average??? No way. I look at everything. My list is ---ruth williams gehrig bonds musial. Maybe i should put cobb in there and make stan number 6. Hate to leave out hornsby but injuries cut short his career.
No Willie Mays?
He's Black.

Trammell was a SS, so yeah. Outfielders with Pinson's numbers are a dime-a-dozen.

Yes Trammell was a SS but he still didn't even have great stats that he should have. He had a career .977 fielding, most walks he had in a season was 69, only had 236 stolen bases... and worse of all was caught stealing 109 times! He was barely over 50% successful stealing.
If you weren't ignorrant about baseball, you would understand that a .977 fielding % is not bad for a SS and that Trammell was an altogether more valuable player than Pinson. This isn't fantasy bb we're talking about.

288 aren't being inducted into the HoF. Look at 1-29. Most of them are not HoF worthy, but still better fielders than Trammel.
Oh, ffs. Half of them aren't yet eligible for HoF and the other half couldn't hit.

Ready for the real injustice?

upload_2017-12-31_13-43-45.png

Suzy does compare well to rose. Both men had good BA and little power. Musial is something else. Far far above either man as a hitter. Stan is one of the top 5 hitters of all time.
List your top 5 hitters. Are you talking strictly batting averages?

Batting average??? No way. I look at everything. My list is ---ruth williams gehrig bonds musial. Maybe i should put cobb in there and make stan number 6. Hate to leave out hornsby but injuries cut short his career.
You included one Black guy. Baby steps, I guess.

You left out Hank Aaron. Ernie Banks. For pure hitters, Tony Gwynn. Rod Carew. Wade Boggs.

If you're looking at everything, the list of all-time non-pitchers should start with:

Babe Ruth
Hank Aaron

You can add Joey Votto to that list if he can have at least 4 more good years.

Oh, ffs. Half of them aren't yet eligible for HoF and the other half couldn't hit.
2365 hits in 20 years for Trammell. Not exactly a hit machine. Which means he's getting in based largely on his fielding, which was average.

. My list is ---ruth williams gehrig bonds musial. Maybe i should put cobb in there and make stan number 6. Hate to leave out hornsby but injuries cut short his career.
You included one Black guy. Baby steps, I guess.
You left out Hank Aaron. Ernie Banks. For pure hitters, Tony Gwynn. Rod Carew. Wade Boggs.

Well - 1 black out of 5 is 20% and that's about what percentage blacks are in MLB. Anyway hank was a great hitter but not equal to ruth or teddy. As for ernie banks??? HAHAHA. A good hitter but not super . Gwynn, carew, and boggs were all singles hitters. I can't believe you are still hung up on batting average. Do you know what century this is?

Last edited:
Though he isn't in the HoF, he has been talked about in this thread. I picked up a Maury Wills auto card today.

s-l1600.jpg

He’d better get back to 1985 and fix things, ‘cause he’s starting to fade from existence!

Get to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, man!

He probably will since he'll get the racist vote that awards all non-whites bonus points, but he's not that good. He has 3000 hits and a good BA but his walk numbers and HR numbers are very low. Just a slightly better than average hitter really. A good outfielder and a good base runner.

He's 44 now and had another poor year in 2017 and it's time to quit though he says he wants to play in 2018!!. I say no HOF for the little nip.
500+ stolen bases, 10 years of .300+ average, 10x All-Star, 10x Golden Glove, 1 MVP, most hits in a single season, 10 years of 200+ hits.....

I know you hate him because he's not white, but I'd say he deserves some recognition.

The only argument against is the old "compiler" argument, and I have never been a fan of it.

One also has to remember that he was one of the best fielders as well in his prime.

3000 hits seals the deal for me.
Coming to the Majors at what?? 27? Unreal.
Great base runner.
Clutch lead off man.
Great center fielder.
Had some power.116 homers
65 av strikeouts a yr
500 stolen bases
Great right fielder.
Near .990 fielding percent
near .350 av in 80 post-season playoffs. 80 at bats

Ohhh. And nearly 3100 hits.

Nope. Does not have what it takes for the HOF.

Ichiro Suzuki Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Forum List

Back