🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should McConnell invoke the "nuke option" on behalf of Gorsuch?

as you alt right racists fought against anything and everything by obama

The only racists I see are the "hate whitey" types among the fascists democrats.

Again, Obama put in TWO SCOTUS picks, neither of which could have happened without GOP support. (that any Republican would support an open Marxist like Kagan is it's own story.)

Personally, I think Trump SHOULD have put out a right wing Ideologue dedicated to repealing the abortion law passed by the court and opposing every leftist litmus test, as an equal and opposite pick to Kagan.

BUT he didn't, he nominated a moderate, which you fascists STILL attack relentlessly, even thought these SAME fascists confirmed Gorsuch in 2006. Clearly the bullshit that the fascists are pulling now is pure politics.

So McConnell has a duty to nuke any filibuster the fascists pull, just as Reid did in 2013. Then they GOP needs to confirm with 51 votes, fuck the fascists.

Uncensored is becoming UNhinged........LOL

Trump shouldn't need the Dems for anything.

The fascists will fight anything and EVERYTHING by Trump. You fascists will NEVER compromise or cooperate. We cannot ask you to place a nation you hate ahead of your filthy party, it will never happen.

It is the DUTY of McConnell and the Republicans to force anything and everything they can through. They are the guardians of the nation, standing against the filthy fascist democrats and the annihilation of individual rights and our Constitution that the fascist democrats seek.

What did the Dems do to cause the AHCA to fail?
they didn't do anything at all. And you're good with that. it is amazing. I thought they represented constituents. How is doing nothing representing their base? it's a sad day in america that the folks responsible for making laws don't feel it's worth their time to work. shameful.

The ahs in repub land voted against it because it didn't include keeping out those with complicated serious problems........family values? My white ass

Don't be an idiot.

The Freedom Caucus nixed it because it failed to address the very serious issues in Obamacare.

The Republicans would be fools to take ownership of the failed Obamacare system. They will have to come up with a viable plan.
why not work on repairing obama care??
I don't think it can be repaired. the dems should offer up some ideas eh?

Democrats are seriously considering a filibuster on the vote for Gorsuch to the SCOTUS....The memory of how judge Garland was treated by McConnell, coupled with the very real fact that the Trump administration is currently under FBI (and other intelligence agencies') investigation...possibly even subsequent criminal investigations.

So, should McConnell invoke the nuclear option to seat Gorsuch and risk a precedent that could backfire for the GOP.......or allow the Gorsuch confirmation to wither away?

I find it very interesting that you just casually admit that Democrats make judicial decisions based on partisanship and butt-hurt rather than the qualifications of the candidate.

Tell me something. Other than the fact that Gorsuch was nominated by someone with an (R) behind his name, what objections do you have to him that actually have to do with HIM?

Trump shouldn't need the Dems for anything.

The fascists will fight anything and EVERYTHING by Trump. You fascists will NEVER compromise or cooperate. We cannot ask you to place a nation you hate ahead of your filthy party, it will never happen.

It is the DUTY of McConnell and the Republicans to force anything and everything they can through. They are the guardians of the nation, standing against the filthy fascist democrats and the annihilation of individual rights and our Constitution that the fascist democrats seek.

What did the Dems do to cause the AHCA to fail?
they didn't do anything at all. And you're good with that. it is amazing. I thought they represented constituents. How is doing nothing representing their base? it's a sad day in america that the folks responsible for making laws don't feel it's worth their time to work. shameful.
notice the sweat dripping from republican lawmakers during Obama's 8 years?? I missed it

The ahs in repub land voted against it because it didn't include keeping out those with complicated serious problems........family values? My white ass

Don't be an idiot.

The Freedom Caucus nixed it because it failed to address the very serious issues in Obamacare.

The Republicans would be fools to take ownership of the failed Obamacare system. They will have to come up with a viable plan.
why not work on repairing obama care??
I don't think it can be repaired. the dems should offer up some ideas eh?
yes ,sure they will when trump comes a knocking on their door

I'm not sure this is the hill the Democrats need to die on. Gorsuch is probably the best justice you are going to get out of this administration.

The fact is, all nominating Gorsuch does is return the court to its pre-Scalia's death status of 4-1-4. Probably best to let this one slide and then fight him tooth and nail on the next one, perhaps after the 2018 midterms when things are more favorable.

Fully agree........Gorsuch may turn out to be just another Kennedy or even Roberts and render decisions that may actually surprise (unpleasantly) arch conservatives ...

However, the NEXT possible nomination must be fought....and fought hard.

Nonetheless, as it currently stands, Schumer has vowed to filibuster Gorsuch's approval.

Since we don't even know who the "next possible nomination" will be, how do you know he/she "must" be fought hard?

I'm not sure this is the hill the Democrats need to die on. Gorsuch is probably the best justice you are going to get out of this administration.

The fact is, all nominating Gorsuch does is return the court to its pre-Scalia's death status of 4-1-4. Probably best to let this one slide and then fight him tooth and nail on the next one, perhaps after the 2018 midterms when things are more favorable.

Fully agree........Gorsuch may turn out to be just another Kennedy or even Roberts and render decisions that may actually surprise (unpleasantly) arch conservatives ...

Nonetheless, as it currently stands, Schumer has vowed to filibuster Gorsuch's approval.

Since we don't even know who the "next possible nomination" will be, how do you know he/she "must" be fought hard?
The same could be ask of the GOP Senate's willingness to deny a standing president the chance to nominate a pick last year..

The same could be ask of the GOP Senate's willingness to deny a standing president the chance to nominate a pick last year..

We both asked and answered it. You weren't listening. Not my problem.

Well then you have no reason to be against what the dems in Congress are doing if you supported what the GOP did last year..Where is the sound volume for this thread?

Well then you have no reason to be against what the dems in Congress are doing if you supported what the GOP did last year..Where is the sound volume for this thread?

Regarding this issue, basically, what McConnell did was to "cut" Obama's term to seven years........and following Trump's own mantra about Hillary Clinton when he stated that no candidate can viable while under an FBI investigation, then the Trump's administration's nominee for a seat in the SCOTUS cannot ALSO be viable while this current administration is under the same FBI cloud.

According to you, I have the same reason the Democrats do: because everything's fair game as long as I get my way.

On the other hand, if you were "outraged" by the GOP last year - and you obviously were, since you're still whining about it - you need to pipe the fuck down now and let the vote on Gorsuch proceed.

Regarding this issue, basically, what McConnell did was to "cut" Obama's term to seven years........and following Trump's own mantra about Hillary Clinton when he stated that no candidate can viable while under an FBI investigation, then the Trump's administration's nominee for a seat in the SCOTUS cannot ALSO be viable while this current administration is under the same FBI cloud.

Not to be unsympathetic, but maybe you should have fronted a good candidate and won the election. You didn't, you don't get your way, life sucks, I'm laughing at you.

- you need to pipe the fuck down now and let the vote on Gorsuch proceed.

True.......and since you need SIXTY votes for a SCOTUS nomination....indeed....let the vote "proceed"........LOL

True.......and since you need SIXTY votes for a SCOTUS nomination....indeed....let the vote "proceed"........LOL

You that anxious to show the entire nation what a bunch of petty, self-serving assholes who will gladly throw the country under the bus for their own power your Congresscritters are? Okay, whatever floats your boat.

True.......and since you need SIXTY votes for a SCOTUS nomination

Not for long, if the Democrats play their games.

I'll bet you $5 that the leftists on this board actually think the Constitution requires sixty votes to confirm.

They're still figuring out the Electoral College.

True.......and since you need SIXTY votes for a SCOTUS nomination

Not for long, if the Democrats play their games.

I'll bet you $5 that the leftists on this board actually think the Constitution requires sixty votes to confirm.

They're still figuring out the Electoral College.

Well, they sort of have a point. The world probably WOULD be simpler if the rules were just "The Democrats get whatever they want, whenever they want it", instead of all these laws allowing other people to, you know, have opinions and influence public policy and stuff.

Forum List

Back