Should parents get jail time if they fail to send their kids to public school?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I'm not talking about a kid who goes to the doctor a lot and the parent forgets to get a note and can't take time off work just to go back and get a note. I'm talking about a parent who fails to register their child for he next school year, and then tells callers from school that it's none of their business if their kids are in private school or home schooled. Should they be jailed, or fined with the real threat of jail to force them to pay the fine?
Or should we say, ok, you really don't want them to go, it's not worth putting you in jail over?

I'm not talking about a kid who goes to the doctor a lot and the parent forgets to get a note and can't take time off work just to go back and get a note. I'm talking about a parent who fails to register their child for he next school year, and then tells callers from school that it's none of their business if their kids are in private school or home schooled. Should they be jailed, or fined with the real threat of jail to force them to pay the fine?
Or should we say, ok, you really don't want them to go, it's not worth putting you in jail over?
The parent need to prove the child is obtaining the proper education either through private, home or public schooling until the child is sixteen when they can drop out of school.

Should the parent be jailed?

No but the child need to be in a form of education.

The parent need to prove the child is obtaining the proper education either through private, home or public schooling until the child is sixteen when they can drop out of school.

Should the parent be jailed?

No but the child need to be in a form of education.
So how do we require that, if not through jail, or a fine/community service with the threat of jail?

It is a form of child abuse to not prepare them for the future. There should be some penalty.

They are already being punished by having to pay taxes to support the forced leftist indoctrination of other people's children. The system should be a voucher system so that you can send your child to the school that actually teaches academics and not a bunch of degenerate leftist issues.

They are already being punished by having to pay taxes to support the forced leftist indoctrination of other people's children. The system should be a voucher system so that you can send your child to the school that actually teaches academics and not a bunch of degenerate leftist issues.
There it is.

People who are perfectly willing to see people go to jail for not paying taxes for public school, are squeamish about sending parents who don't bother to send their kids to them?

No. Reason is because American companies need a low wage work force. There are people who will look a person in the eye and say "boy $30 per hour is a great wage". Sick folk.

No to all of the above

My kids had to go to school and then college. No choice upon graduation. No hanging around and working, no military, only college. After their degree then it's up to them. No way we're they going to start working for some american company for a low wage.

My kids had to go to school and then college. No choice upon graduation. No hanging around and working, no military, only college. After their degree then it's up to them. No way we're they going to start working for some american company for a low wage.
It wasn’t your choice on College.

Good that they did it but you could have caused damage had they didn’t do as you want.

There it is.

People who are perfectly willing to see people go to jail for not paying taxes for public school, are squeamish about sending parents who don't bother to send their kids to them?
You are circumventing the problem. No one has a problem with schools that teach academics. Those days are history. Public schools are teaching nothing of value anymore. In WA, taxes are paid to "fully fund public education" which the legislature refuses to do. Levies are charged in addition to those taxes to meet the need, but the leftists seem to be able to find funding to feed every child. Give me a break. Throw parents in jail who refuse to feed THEIR kids. Academics is the 3 R's and Science. None of that is taught anymore. Social Engineering and communism is what they are teaching. FUCK THAT! Get back to REAL education and maybe you can talk.

60k per year isn't even close to middle class anywhere in the country. For that an employer cannot expect much. Nor should they get much effort.

You are delusional. Average family HOUSEHOLD income in the US is about $70K. The US is seventh in the world. Try again. The world doesn't owe you a living.
Of course it doesn't. That's why one gets a degree or training to not make a pittance like 60k.

Forum List

Back