Should people like this ever be free from incarceration?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
A northeast Ohio has man has been indicted on charges alleging he tried to pay $400 for a 10-year-old girl to keep at home for sex.

The three-count indictment against 37-year-old Robert Thomas Jr., of Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH'-guh) Falls, was announced Thursday by the U.S. attorney's office in Cleveland.

He also is charged with using the Internet to try to entice a girl to have sex with him and downloading images of minors involved in sex acts.

Ohio man accused of offering $400 to buy girl to keep at home for sex faces federal charges | Fox News

i'm thinking no. what amount of rehabilitation could fix such a twisted, warped mind?

No. I believe that pedos are incurable. If you are a male and like women, that is the way you are wired. If you are a man and like men, or a woman and like women that is the way you are wired. If you are attracted to kids that is the way you are wired. Put em on an island and drop food to them. Just keep them away from kids...

i used to be a staunch supporter of the death penalty until the i read about about an innocent man being put to death by the government. he can never get his life back, but you can if you're alive and wrongfully convicted.

if there is absolutely no doubt, i mean zero doubt, about guilt, then i lean for death. but our legal system has executed too many innocents for me to trust the state to execute the truly guilty.

i used to be a staunch supporter of the death penalty until the i read about about an innocent man being put to death by the government. he can never get his life back, but you can if you're alive and wrongfully convicted.

if there is absolutely no doubt, i mean zero doubt, about guilt, then i lean for death. but our legal system has executed too many innocents for me to trust the state to execute the truly guilty.

I have always believed it's a worse fate to spend the rest of your life in prison anyways. The same thing this man deserves.

I have always believed it's a worse fate to spend the rest of your life in prison anyways. The same thing this man deserves.

i actually had a conversation with a friend of mine and told him exactly what you said. his response was: if you were on death row, you would want to live. you've never been in that position.

i told him, well, you've never been on death row either. opinion vs opinion. but my opinion is, until our legal system gets it right, there should be no death row. unless 100% sure of guilt.

To me, if the guy ever does get to go home, a tracking devise should be on him for the rest of his life.

God bless you and that little girl always!!!

Holly

To me, if the guy ever does get to go home, a tracking devise should be on him for the rest of his life.

God bless you and that little girl always!!!

Holly

A tracking device doesn't do anything to prevent that person from committing another crime. It's not as if those are being tracked minute by minute and cops will show up if you step outside.

Anyone who can't be trusted should be locked up behind bars.

No. I believe that pedos are incurable. If you are a male and like women, that is the way you are wired. If you are a man and like men, or a woman and like women that is the way you are wired. If you are attracted to kids that is the way you are wired. Put em on an island and drop food to them. Just keep them away from kids...

why do that?.....just drop them on an Island that has nice big Predators......

yea i feel the same way.....has to be no doubt.....

A northeast Ohio has man has been indicted on charges alleging he tried to pay $400 for a 10-year-old girl to keep at home for sex.

Should people like this ever be free from incarceration?

No! In fact he should spend the rest of his life in prison amongst the general prison population.

i actually had a conversation with a friend of mine and told him exactly what you said. his response was: if you were on death row, you would want to live. you've never been in that position.

i told him, well, you've never been on death row either. opinion vs opinion. but my opinion is, until our legal system gets it right, there should be no death row. unless 100% sure of guilt.

As has been said before, "I'd rather a thousand guilty men live than a single innocent man be killed for something he didn't do." I can think of no worse injustice.

I go back and forth with this TBH. If these guys were not in special population where they were protected and coddled then I might agree. But people like this pervert and those like Lawrence Singleton who cut off the arms of his 14 y.o. victim ( she lived) after raping and beating her and then was released after 8 years, only to kill again makes me believe in the death penalty. For "life in prison" or the standard sentences never seems to be 'life" and or the sentences are never enough.

Forum List

Back