Should Police Be Kept Away From Peaceful Protests?...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I think this should be discussed and considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Last edited:
I think this should be discussed ans considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

I think this should be discussed ans considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

Can you distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest? I know i can. I'm sure the Police can too. Their presence isn't required at peaceful protests. Their presence can be perceived as being a form of intimidation and incitement.

Agreed. I didn't understand the reasoning for those protests either, although, it is their right to do so.

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.

Agreed. I didn't understand the reasoning for those protests either, although, it is their right to do so.

Because it's like the cool club to be in now, to march against the man.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are talking about however, I'd submit you simply are a cop hater yourself but would be the first to scream for their help were you in a position of peril while engaged in one of your legal and peaceful protests. Yes, the point is there was absolutely no need for a protest unless you can tell us what the facts actually were that caused the protest.

I think this should be discussed and considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Yes, ,I agree with the proposition that we should have areas where the police are not allowed to do their jobs.

Jesus Christ what a moronic suggestion.

Black President.
Black Attorney General.
Black Police Chief.

Yeah, I can see why the morons they need to be marching on the streets instead of going after all the meth factories in their neighborhoods killing their neighbors.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are talking about however, I'd submit you simply are a cop hater yourself but would be the first to scream for their help were you in a position of peril while engaged in one of your legal and peaceful protests. Yes, the point is there was absolutely no need for a protest unless you can tell us what the facts actually were that caused the protest.

I don't hate anyone. Just making observations and giving my opinion.

Yes, ,I agree with the proposition that we should have areas where the police are not allowed to do their jobs.

How does that prevent them from doing their job? If it's a peaceful protest, their presence isn't required.

Black President.
Black Attorney General.
Black Police Chief.

Yeah, I can see why the morons they need to be marching on the streets instead of going after all the meth factories in their neighborhoods killing their neighbors.

Well it is their right, no?

How does that prevent them from doing their job? If it's a peaceful protest, their presence isn't required.

Oh please....

Americans are so stupid they don't even know that the right to peaceful protest does not mean you can block streets, it does not mean you can punch people in the face or destroy police cars it does not mean you rape women, it does not mean you can take a shit on the sidewalk, it does not mean you can destroy public property, etc etc.

I can't even remember the last time I was a completely peaceful protest, there is always at least a handful of morons who take the opportunity to break the law, and that's with the police right fucking there. Imagine if there was not a police presence.

The BLM types seem to beleive the worst whenever a black is killed by a cop. (Sometimes they are right) They have already tried and convicted the cops in their minds. They will be unhappy with anything less from the justice system. The marches adds to their political power to bring cops to trial, even when cleared through investigation of the event.

Oh please....

Americans are so stupid they don't even know that the right to peaceful protest does not mean you can block streets, it does not mean you can punch people in the face or destroy police cars it does not mean you rape women, it does not mean you can take a shit on the sidewalk, it does not mean you can destroy public property, etc etc.

I can't even remember the last time I was a completely peaceful protest, there is always at least a handful of morons who take the opportunity to break the law, and that's with the police right fucking there. Imagine if there was not a police presence.

Pretty dangerous thinking. Maybe protest should be banned all-together? I mean, just to be safe.

Forum List

Back