Should Police Be Kept Away From Peaceful Protests?...

I think this should be discussed and considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Absolutely ridiculous. Last nights group was not peaceful. They went looting again. As we have seen over and over, these racists in the BLM movement need watching. Groups or ideologies that are based on skin tone are problematic and typically blind to their own racism. After a black nationalist movement attacked and killed a bunch of police officers, all these groups will require additional scrutiny. Especially since they are calling for more killing.

The protest was peaceful.

I think this should be discussed and considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Absolutely ridiculous. Last nights group was not peaceful. They went looting again. As we have seen over and over, these racists in the BLM movement need watching. Groups or ideologies that are based on skin tone are problematic and typically blind to their own racism. After a black nationalist movement attacked and killed a bunch of police officers, all these groups will require additional scrutiny. Especially since they are calling for more killing.

Well, we have a difference of opinion. I do not consider looting stores peaceful.

Perhaps, in the interest of equality, police should be stationed in a cordon around the venue where a protest was to be held...but not allowed inside. Before entering every person wishing to attend should be strip-searched to ascertain that they have no weapon more inappropriate than that established by government for the occasion- but also no less. In some cases that might be none. In others, anything up to and including .50 caliber automatic firearms. But everybody precisely equal. Then, no interference at all. Just let good sense prevail...good sense as defined by those who elected to enter.

Well, we have a difference of opinion. I do not consider looting stores peaceful.

You've been lied to. The protest was peaceful. What happened later, obviously wasn't.

Why not simply stay off the streets at night and be inside your own home with your wife and kids or grandkids minding your own business. It works for me.

Yikes. Sounds like you're advocating a 'State of Emergency' (Martial Law). No thanks, i'll pass.

Not at all. I'm simply saying to stay off the streets showing your ass and stay at home with your family.

Nah, sounds like you'd like to see Government impose that on Citizens. Can't go with you on that kind of thinking.

You probably had no Father in your household to teach you.

Do what you like. Just don't impose it on others. If i wanna go at night, i will.

How can I impose anything upon anyone. It is you wishing to impose your will upon our policemen and women. Were you really interested in peaceful protesting, then the presence of police officers would have zero effect upon you. Were you an honest camper, you would be able to coexist right alongside our police officers as many of us do each and every day. Now, those of us that do coexist with our police officers don't go our at night protesting and showing our asses. We appreciate their service and stay at home with our families instead of roaming the streets raising hell.

Yikes. Sounds like you're advocating a 'State of Emergency' (Martial Law). No thanks, i'll pass.

Not at all. I'm simply saying to stay off the streets showing your ass and stay at home with your family.

Nah, sounds like you'd like to see Government impose that on Citizens. Can't go with you on that kind of thinking.

Do what you like. Just don't impose it on others. If i wanna go at night, i will.

How can I impose anything upon anyone. It is you wishing to impose your will upon our policemen and women. Were you really interested in peaceful protesting, then the presence of police officers would have zero effect upon you. Were you an honest camper, you would be able to coexist right alongside our police officers as many of us do each and every day. Now, those of us that do coexist with our police officers don't go our at night protesting and showing our asses. We appreciate their service and stay at home with our families instead of roaming the streets raising hell.

Yup, just shut up and do what you're told. Sorry, but that ain't me. I can't be a loyal Goose Stepper. If i see an injustice, i'm gonna speak on it. When a cop murders an innocent Citizen, i will speak up. I won't stay silent while hiding in my home.

You are outside of what's left of your mind.
Ok genius. Lets say there is a protest. The police stay away. Then there is a counter protest. And violence erupts. Cops stay away. Let them fight it out in the streets.
Brilliant.
Now here come the stupid excuses.
Your anti law enforcement mantra is based on "it seems"..
This reaction by you ie precisely what the anarchists want. They want law enforcement out of the way so they can do as they wish.
You are kowtowing to mob rule.

Yup, just shut up and do what you're told. Sorry, but that ain't me. I can't be a loyal Goose Stepper. If i see an injustice, i'm gonna speak on it. When a cop murders an innocent Citizen, i will speak up. I won't stay silent while hiding in my home.

What "innocent" person has it been proven that a cop killed that caused your protest? Yes, I fully realize that you are one of those who likes to roam the dark streets at night showing his ass. You simply don't want the police there to slow you down.

I think this should be discussed ans considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.
Nobody cares what you think.
The police are present so that the protesters are protected against those who object to the message.

Ok genius. Lets say there is a protest. The police stay away. Then there is a counter protest. And violence erupts. Cops stay away. Let them fight it out in the streets.
Brilliant.
This reaction by you ie precisely what the anarchists want. They want law enforcement out of the way so they can do as they wish.

If a crime is committed, obviously they should respond. That is their job. But they don't serve much purpose attending peaceful protests. In fact, i think their presence often incites violence.

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

Can you distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest? I know i can. I'm sure the Police can too. Their presence isn't required at peaceful protests. Their presence can be perceived as being a form of intimidation and incitement.
No you can't. And never use the phrase "I'm sure". You are not law enforcement. You are not qualified to determine what is peaceful and what is not.
Just be honest and admit you would rather see police not present at all.

Brilliant.

If a crime is committed, obviously they should respond. That is their job. But they don't serve much purpose attending peaceful protests. In fact, i think their presence often incites violence.
Then the protest is NOT peaceful
Never was.

What "innocent" person has it been proven that a cop killed that caused your protest? Yes, I fully realize that you are one of those who likes to roam the dark streets at night showing his ass. You simply don't want the police there to slow you down.

You don't realize much. You're just a typical dumb racist who's fine with the Police murdering innocent Citizens. I don't even know if you can be called an American anymore. You Goose Steppers are scary folks. :cuckoo:

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.
That right is not absolute.

You don't realize much. You're just a typical dumb racist who's fine with the Police murdering innocent Citizens. I don't even know if you can be called an American anymore. You Goose Steppers are scary folks. :cuckoo:
Ahh the "you're a racist card".....You're so done here.

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

Can you distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest? I know i can. I'm sure the Police can too. Their presence isn't required at peaceful protests. Their presence can be perceived as being a form of intimidation and incitement.
No you can't. And never use the phrase "I'm sure". You are not law enforcement. You are not qualified to determine what is peaceful and what is not.
Just be honest and admit you would rather see police not present at all.

If you can't distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest, you shouldn't be a member of the Police Force. And therein lies the real problem.

Ahh the "you're a racist card".....You're so done here.

Well, you are. Sorry, i just call em like i see em.

Again I ask, what innocent person did the police murder? I also ask if you have no faith in Loretta Lynch getting to the bottom of the matter? Is it really possible that you just want to riot and raise hell, loot and burn?

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are talking about however, I'd submit you simply are a cop hater yourself but would be the first to scream for their help were you in a position of peril while engaged in one of your legal and peaceful protests. Yes, the point is there was absolutely no need for a protest unless you can tell us what the facts actually were that caused the protest.
Well he'd rather not have the police help him because that might incite others to violence.
The paulitician guy is an asshole with teeth

That right is not absolute.

I know, we should ban all protest. Just to be safe, right? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back