Should Police Be Kept Away From Peaceful Protests?...

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

Can you distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest? I know i can. I'm sure the Police can too. Their presence isn't required at peaceful protests. Their presence can be perceived as being a form of intimidation and incitement.
You should have paid attention to Ferguson or Baltimore. Both cities had demonstrations that began "peacefully" only to turn into destruction as the night wore on.

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are talking about however, I'd submit you simply are a cop hater yourself but would be the first to scream for their help were you in a position of peril while engaged in one of your legal and peaceful protests. Yes, the point is there was absolutely no need for a protest unless you can tell us what the facts actually were that caused the protest.

I don't hate anyone. Just making observations and giving my opinion.

And that is what I have done. In order to protest something, one needs to establish what one is protesting. I have asked you over and again what the protest was about and you have refused to answer.

I think this should be discussed ans considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.

Hundreds of miles away from where the killings occurred? Even before an investigation has been conducted? For what purpose is the protest being held if no one knows what actually happened? It is the job of the police to protect the property of the merchants and businesses where you idiots are protesting what you have no information or basis to form a protest about.
The BLM types seem to beleive the worst whenever a black is killed by a cop. (Sometimes they are right) They have already tried and convicted the cops in their minds. They will be unhappy with anything less from the justice system. The marches adds to their political power to bring cops to trial, even when cleared through investigation of the event.

Yeah, they sure did defend the BLM rancher folks, huh? And that was an armed protest. Racism definitely plays a big role in this. I think as long as it's a peaceful protest, the police should take a step back and keep their distance. Their involvement isn't necessary.

This is a silly premise. At what point would the police distinguish between what is a peaceful protest and one where riots and looting can erupt and destroy city blocks and run businesses?

Can you distinguish between a peaceful protest and a violent protest? I know i can. I'm sure the Police can too. Their presence isn't required at peaceful protests. Their presence can be perceived as being a form of intimidation and incitement.

Did you fall and hit your head?

I think this should be discussed ans considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Well actually, I don't see the necessity for any protests in New York and Dallas and elsewhere many miles away from where the killings actually occurred in Louisiana and in Minnesota. most especially since no investigations of the killings had even been completed. Sounds stupid to me. Why weren't these folks in New York and in Dallas at home minding their own business like I and many others were?

Citizens have the right to peaceful protest. I don't think the Police need to be involved with such protests. It can come off as intimidation and incitement. I think we should consider requiring them to stay a certain distance away from peaceful protests. Their presence isn't required.

The BLM types seem to beleive the worst whenever a black is killed by a cop. (Sometimes they are right) They have already tried and convicted the cops in their minds. They will be unhappy with anything less from the justice system. The marches adds to their political power to bring cops to trial, even when cleared through investigation of the event.

Yeah, they sure did defend the BLM rancher folks, huh? And that was an armed protest. Racism definitely plays a big role in this. I think as long as it's a peaceful protest, the police should take a step back and keep their distance. Their involvement isn't necessary.
Police usually do keep their distance as long as the protests are peaceful. But they have to be close enough to act if the protest gets out of hand.

If the protest is peaceful, Police presence isn't required. Their presence often incites the violence. They shouldn't be involved.

What were the fools protesting? Why weren't they at home helping their kids with their homework like other parents were? I fail to see where anyone had anything to protest about.

Not really the point. Citizens have the right to protest. And as long as it's peaceful, i don't think the Police are required to be present.

When you have large groups of people walking down the street...let's call it a parade, you have police. It's perfectly acceptable for them to be there if for anything to stop traffic.

Sadly, it appears the police and BLM were working together for a peaceful protest in Dallas and some asshole had to screw it up.

Well, I'm sure you know what you are talking about however, I'd submit you simply are a cop hater yourself but would be the first to scream for their help were you in a position of peril while engaged in one of your legal and peaceful protests. Yes, the point is there was absolutely no need for a protest unless you can tell us what the facts actually were that caused the protest.

The argument is that blacks are more likely than whites to be incarcerated or killed by the state for the same behavior.

Racists tend to ignore the inconvenient statistics that support this view, choosing instead to claim that blacks are incarcerated/murdered by police (at higher rates than whites) because of their character and choices. The most dyed in the wool racists, if pushed, will claim that blacks are taxonomically closer to animals and are morally inferior to whites by nature. They think words like "institutional racism" are made up by liberals in order to restructure the distribution of wealth (so as to reward the "takers").

The debate is rendered impossible by the fact that its opponents have incommensurable starting assumptions.

Police usually do keep their distance as long as the protests are peaceful. But they have to be close enough to act if the protest gets out of hand.

See, i'm not with you all the way on that. Their presence comes off as a bit of intimidation and incitement. Almost like they're monitoring protesters for future reprisal.

Protesters often claim to see law enforcement photographing them. It seems to be a form of intimidation. I'm not comfortable with it. I think it may be time to require some distance.

The argument is that blacks are more likely than whites to be incarcerated or killed by the state for the same behavior.

Racists tend to ignore the inconvenient statistics that support this view, choosing instead to claim that blacks are incarcerated/murdered by police (at higher rates than whites) because of their character and choices. The most dyed in the wool racists, if pushed, will claim that blacks are taxonomically closer to animals and are morally inferior to whites by nature. They think words like "institutional racism" are made up by liberals in order to restructure the distribution of wealth (so as to reward the "takers").

The debate is rendered impossible by the fact that its opponents have incommensurable starting assumptions.

And here all this time I was under the impression that the protests in New York and Dallas had some small thing or other to do with the recent killings of an individual in Louisiana and another in Minnesota. See, even all the news outlets had it all wrong.

See, i'm not with you all the way on that. Their presence comes off as a bit of intimidation and incitement. Almost like they're monitoring protesters for future reprisal.

Protesters often claim to see law enforcement photographing them. It seems to be form of intimidation. I'm not comfortable with it. I think it may be time to require some distance.
How far away should they be?

Protesters often claim to see law enforcement photographing them. It seems to be a form of intimidation. I'm not comfortable with it. I think it may be time to require some distance.

Why not simply stay off the streets at night and be inside your own home with your wife and kids or grandkids minding your own business. It works for me.

Protesters often claim to see law enforcement photographing them. It seems to be form of intimidation. I'm not comfortable with it. I think it may be time to require some distance.
How far away should they be?

Pretty far.

Why not simply stay off the streets at night and be inside your own home with your wife and kids or grandkids minding your own business. It works for me.

Yikes. Sounds like you're advocating a 'State of Emergency' (Martial Law). No thanks, i'll pass.

Yikes. Sounds like you're advocating a 'State of Emergency' (Martial Law). No thanks, i'll pass.

Not at all. I'm simply saying to stay off the streets showing your ass and stay at home with your family.

Kinda bizarre so many here who wholeheartedly supported the BLM rancher folks, are expressing such anger & bitterness towards peaceful protesters. I mean, the ranchers engaged in an armed protest. So it does lead one to consider that racism does play a big part in issues like this.

Not at all. I'm simply saying to stay off the streets showing your ass and stay at home with your family.

Nah, sounds like you'd like to see Government impose that on Citizens. Can't go with you on that kind of thinking.

Nah, sounds like you'd like to see Government impose that on Citizens. Can't go with you on that kind of thinking.

You probably had no Father in your household to teach you.

You probably had no Father in your household to teach you.

Do what you like. Just don't impose it on others. If i wanna go at night, i will.

I think this should be discussed and considered. Do Police really need to be involved with peaceful protests? To me, it seems like their presence can come off as intimidation and incitement. Maybe they should be required to stay a certain distance away? What do you think?

Absolutely ridiculous. Last nights group was not peaceful. They went looting again. As we have seen over and over, these racists in the BLM movement need watching. Groups or ideologies that are based on skin tone are problematic and typically blind to their own racism. After a black nationalist movement attacked and killed a bunch of police officers, all these groups will require additional scrutiny. Especially since they are calling for more killing.

Forum List

Back