Zone1 Should She Have Been Allowed to Terminate Her Pregnancy?

It was not me who declared an opinion to be completely legal, I only noted that it has not yet been decided and might go either way.
I believe it is legal, that is my opinion and it won’t go either way in my opinion, this is an opinion board, that is all anyone has here. Man, you are pretty stupid not to realize it.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
I believe it is legal, that is my opinion and it won’t go either way in my opinion, this is an opinion board, that is all anyone has here. Man, you are pretty stupid not to realize it.
So you expect a doctor to risk his career and possibly his freedom because in your opinion he would win whatever case was brought against him. Would you be willing to chip in for his legal defense fund too?

This is one of those highly rare situations where I say yes. Knowing that her baby is basically guaranteed to die, but being forced to give birth anyways is only going to bring her and the rest of her family pain.

She wasn't "forced" to carry that child. She certainly could have traveled to a nearby state where abortion is legal.

So you expect a doctor to risk his career and possibly his freedom because in your opinion he would win whatever case was brought against him. Would you be willing to chip in for his legal defense fund too?
I don't think there is a risk, that is my opinion. The law seems clear to me, not to you. What percentage of doctors feel that way about this case?

Obviously the doctors are not 'gung ho' and it is the mother who suffers. You should be overjoyed.

No, because I am one of those people who think a 15-16 week limit and allowances for the life or the mother or fetal non-viability after are A-OK.

These doctors are trying to torpedo the entire law by refusing to acknowledge the given exceptions that clear them.

No, because I am one of those people who think a 15-16 week limit and allowances for the life or the mother or fetal non-viability after are A-OK.

These doctors are trying to torpedo the entire law by refusing to acknowledge the given exceptions that clear them.
You put a target on anyone's back and they will be very cautious. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You put a target on anyone's back and they will be very cautious. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

That's a cop out. The law gives a carve out for both fetal non-viability and the life of the Mother after the time limit.

They are willfully doing this to get the law overturned, and are doing so under false pretenses.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I don't think there is a risk, that is my opinion. The law seems clear to me, not to you. What percentage of doctors feel that way about this case?
An opinion not shared by many in the medical field, not just doctors. The law affects not only abortions but care in general. LINK

An opinion not shared by many in the medical field, not just doctors. The law affects not only abortions but care in general. LINK

Doctors who just happen to be in support of abortion on demand up until the moment of birth for any reason, more than likely.

That's a cop out. The law gives a carve out for both fetal non-viability and the life of the Mother after the time limit.

They are willfully doing this to get the law overturned, and are doing so under false pretenses.
As I understand the law, anyone can sue anyone and everyone connected to an abortion. Even winning a lawsuit can bankrupt a person.

As I understand the law, anyone can sue anyone and everyone connected to an abortion. Even winning a lawsuit can bankrupt a person.

Got any actual reference or analysis on that?

Or again, is this the view of someone who wants the law overturned and abortion allowed for whatever reason right up to the second before birth?

Because that would be like having PETA run a whole hog BBQ event.

Got any actual reference or analysis on that?

Or again, is this the view of someone who wants the law overturned and abortion allowed for whatever reason right up to the second before birth?

Because that would be like having PETA run a whole hog BBQ event.
I offered a link (I'm still waiting for yours) but the law is new and people are scared.

Forum List

Back