Zone1 Should She Have Been Allowed to Terminate Her Pregnancy?

The law is clear, the reluctance is just kabuki theater for abortionist doctors and their supporters who want the law overturned in its entirety, and zero restrictions up until the second of birth to be the default condition.
Laws are never that clear. From the OP link:
According to a text message sent to Ms Dorbert doctors made the call after having legal administrators “look at the new law and the way it’s written”, the Washington Post reported.​
“It’s horribly written,” the message added.​

Laws are never that clear. From the OP link:
According to a text message sent to Ms Dorbert doctors made the call after having legal administrators “look at the new law and the way it’s written”, the Washington Post reported.​

Those legal administrators are probably abortion until the last second of pregancy supporters as well.

The whole exercise is nothing more than a smear against a law they don't like but they can't overturn.

Why does it matter? The OP link reads:
Okay, I'll stick to my opinion, thanks.

Those legal administrators are probably abortion until the last second of pregancy supporters as well.

The whole exercise is nothing more than a smear against a law they don't like but they can't overturn.
Right, because everyone in the medical profession is completely politicized and only secondarily do they care about their patients.

Right, because everyone in the medical profession is completely politicized and only secondarily do they care about their patients.

The ones who make decisions like this and hem and haw about a law like this most likely are.

I couldn't find anything to back it up. I think it was silly enough to be ignored.

You asked, I provided.

Just look up the website shoutyourabortion for more.

And look at how your side went away from "safe, legal, and rare", dropping the rare.

The ones who make decisions like this and hem and haw about a law like this most likely are.
You use phrases like "probably", "most likely", "reasonable interpretation", "from my knowledge of abortion rights types", "opinion based on relevant conditions", "more than likely", etc.

Long on opinions and speculations, short on facts.

You use phrases like "probably", "most likely", "reasonable interpretation", "from my knowledge of abortion rights types", "opinion based on relevant conditions", "more than likely", etc.

Long on opinions and speculations, short on facts.

Of course it's an opinion, What I don't do is dress mine up as facts like you are your side does.

Their opinion that they are vulnerable under the law is purely a protest move because they want zero restrictions. Even before Roe that dog didn't hunt.

You asked, I provided.

Just look up the website shoutyourabortion for more.

And look at how your side went away from "safe, legal, and rare", dropping the rare.
They are certainly serious about protecting their rights. So? "Safe, legal, and rare" still works for me and I'd bet most pro-choice folk. I don't think of myself as pro-abortion, only pro-choice.

They are certainly serious about protecting their rights. So? "Safe, legal, and rare" still works for me and I'd bet most pro-choice folk. I don't think of myself as pro-abortion, only pro-choice.

What rights? They have an out under the law, if they are so gung ho for abortion rights they should have no issue and feel no worry doing what they need to do, and abortion rights groups should have no issue funding them.

Again, go to shoutmyabortion. Look at those protesters with the disgusting signs taunting people about killing babies. look at the article I linked and just don't dismiss it because it goes against your cherished narrative.

Of course it's an opinion, What I don't do is dress mine up as facts like you are your side does.

Their opinion that they are vulnerable under the law is purely a protest move because they want zero restrictions. Even before Roe that dog didn't hunt.
Don't know about FL but in TX, ANYONE can sue a doctor that performs an abortion. I can see anti-abortion groups suing everyone involved in every abortion with the goal of ending ALL abortions. Law says they can do it too.

Don't know about FL but in TX, ANYONE can sue a doctor that performs an abortion. I can see anti-abortion groups suing everyone involved in every abortion with the goal of ending ALL abortions. Law says they can do it too.

I'm surprised that law hasn't been removed as it was an end run around Roe, and now that Roe is gone it's use is gone.

They can go with straight bans now.

In any event that law has the carve outs, and the carve outs are more clear than you let on.

Life of mother? do it. Fetus non viable? Do it.

What it prevents is aborting after a certain time because the birth MAY impact the health of the mother, like give her a rash or something.

What rights? They have an out under the law, if they are so gung ho for abortion rights they should have no issue and feel no worry doing what they need to do, and abortion rights groups should have no issue funding them.
You think that because you are so focused on the abortion issue, everyone else is too. There are certainly vocal advocates on both sides but I doubt doctors want to get in the middle of it. It is politicians that want to put them there.

Again, go to shoutmyabortion. Look at those protesters with the disgusting signs taunting people about killing babies. look at the article I linked and just don't dismiss it because it goes against your cherished narrative.
They want to make their point just as anti-abortion groups use pictures of baby parts to make their points. I doubt your anecdote since it doesn't seem like something a doctor would say, it seems more like something a college student that headed up a pro-choice club, would say. The source is not unbiased so her words might have been taken out of context.

I'm surprised that law hasn't been removed as it was an end run around Roe, and now that Roe is gone it's use is gone.

They can go with straight bans now.
That would make it moot.

In any event that law has the carve outs, and the carve outs are more clear than you let on.

Life of mother? do it. Fetus non viable? Do it.

What it prevents is aborting after a certain time because the birth MAY impact the health of the mother, like give her a rash or something.
You say the carve outs are clear but some in the legal field disagree. You can dismiss them as biased advocates but what are you?

The law is clear, the reluctance is just kabuki theater for abortionist doctors and their supporters who want the law overturned in its entirety, and zero restrictions up until the second of birth to be the default condition.
No, it really isn’t that clear. You are also flat out lying when you ANYONE wants abortion through birth,so just stop with that and try an honest argument for a change (and don’t trot out that same old stripped of context quote again).

Forum List

Back