Should State Lotteries Be Expanded To Increase Revenue?

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
One way states could expand their revenue base, is to expand state lotteries. States with lotteries, some states still don't have lotteries, generate billions from such lotteries. Is there room to increase this state income stream?

I subscribe to the New York Lottery. Subscriptions are an excellent way for lotteries to increase their revenue.

Many subscribers would not line-up to buy tickets, but enjoy the convenience of subscription.

State run lottries are borderline evil,its a stupid tax ,leved on the least able to afford.

State run lottries are borderline evil,its a stupid tax ,leved on the least able to afford.

If some considered it a "tax", it is a tax on the willing. Also, lottery players who play by subscription are mostly on higher incomes.

We must also remember that, if we don't have legal state lotteries, we will have illegal lotteries.

As a subscriber, I get an email if I win a prize. So far, they have been small prizes, but maybe one day, it could be me!

However, I still get a buzz when I get an email with news of my win. I am also helping raising revenue for education.

It's a win-win situation!

If you'll pardon the pun?

images

Dear

Congratulations! Your Lotto subscription has won a low tier prize between $1 and $600. Please visit your NY Lottery player account New York Subscriptions Center for details.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your NY Lottery player account, please contact a Lottery Representative by emailing [email protected] or by calling 518-388-3370.

Thank you,

The NY Lottery

Yeah, but it's voluntary.
New york state runs adds that if any-other company advertises as they do it would be false advertisement charge in a heart beat.
They put gambling help hot lines number right on the machines,what does that tell you??

New york state runs adds that if any-other company advertises as they do it would be false advertisement charge in a heart beat.
They put gambling help hot lines number right on the machines,what does that tell you??
Not my problem if somebody else can't control himself.

The New York lottery was supposed to benefit education....
And all New York Libs do is bitch about the state of the schools.
We were sold a bill of cheap lies,we were told we would see almost no school taxes if we said yes to a lottery,well that was just the opposite,run away taxes have just about killed this state,young people are leaving in droves,and now they are pimpping the people that have built things and pay taxes,for this free 10 year tax bribe to get business to move here,Albany is broken its that simple.The lottery robs the weak and poor.

If some considered it a "tax", it is a tax on the willing. Also, lottery players who play by subscription are mostly on higher incomes.

We must also remember that, if we don't have legal state lotteries, we will have illegal lotteries.
So a state run scam is somehow better??!!

Ya it is,you have to pay for their care,and the kids that need food,or the rent payed,we all pay for this stuff!!

Ya it is,you have to pay for their care,and the kids that need food,or the rent payed,we all pay for this stuff!!
My point is that people who DON'T have a problem should not have to refrain from doing something harmless to them because somebody else isn't responsible. Yeah, it's a problem but it needs to be dealt with differently than punishing everyone else.

Forum List

Back