Zone1 Should The Christian Bible Be Called "The Book of Opinions?"

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
NOTE: oops. I hit the wrong button. Not finished writing

I am serious in asking "Should The Christian Bible Be Called "The Book of Opinions?""

I do know that the "Books" in the Bible were selected out of a larger group of books. The Synods ruled what was in and what was out.

One quote: "During the fourth century, several church synods, such as the Councils of Rome (382), Hippo (393), and Carthage (397), accepted all 27 books of the New Testament as canonical."

We have this:

The Deuterocanonical Books

Some of the Books tell different versions of a story, whereas some Books tell a story not in other Books. Is that not "opinion?"

Some self-appointed authorities got to decide. Often by brute force anathematizing or killing off those who challenged them.

Last edited:
You are never very bright or on topic

Troll that you are, where did Dante say he has a name or calls the Bible by some other name than the Bible?

I am serious in asking "Should The Christian Bible Be Called "The Book of Opinions?""

If you don't want your questions actually answered, don't ask them.

I do know that the "Books" in the Bible were selected out of a larger group of books. The Synods ruled what was in and what was out.

One quote: "During the fourth century, several church synods, such as the Councils of Rome (382), Hippo (393), and Carthage (397), accepted all 27 books of the New Testament as canonical."

We have this:

Some of the Books tell different versions of a story, whereas some Books tell a story not in other Books. Is that not "opinion?"

Some self-appointed authorities got to decide. Often by brute force anathematizing or killing off those who challenged them.

It’s a book a testimony..

Testimony to the truth.

In modern day four newspapers send four reporters to cover the same event and you'll get four versions of the story. That doesn't mean the story isn't true.

Try following along...

If you don't want your questions actually answered, don't ask them.
Try following along...

We have this:

Try following along...

Call it whatever you want. Why do you think anyone cares what you call it?

Try following along...

You are never very bright or on topic

Troll that you are, where did Dante say he has a name or calls the Bible by some other name than the Bible?

Forum List

Back