Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oprah didn't wait. That's why the police investigated and she didn't air the show.

And stop defending a man who molested his kid sisters and another girl. One sister is still underage and this happened 12 years ago. That is a crime, like the rest of his criminal acts his parents hid.

No, I am sure there are handful other crackpots in the US of A that believes as you do but they are just as nutty. This story has literally has nothing to do with the SCOTUS and the upcoming ruling on gay marriage in June. This story is just another convoluted avenue for you attack gay marriage. I'll admit, it is rather funny watching you try to connect this story to gay marriage though. lol
Why did the Oprah folks wait 9 years until exactly this moment to blitz the story? Do you have an answer for that? You folks are complaining that the Duggar parents waited months before turning their son in and getting him help. But 9 years doesn't seem to bother you. Just wondering if you have an explanation for that?

They waited nine years b/c their crystal ball told them that the courts were going to take up a gay marriage. Those people sure are diabolical. What doesn't seem to bother you is that these assaults occurred. You categorized them as "sexual experimentation" in a cheap way to minimize his actions. You're only interested in whining about gay marriage considering you have failed miserable trying to link Josh Duggars' actions to gay marriage. They have nothing in common but that won't stop from using this as excuse if the courts do not rule in the way you wish.
The assaults bother me. What should bother you is that Oprah's people waited 9 years to shove this out into the MSM. This precise date. Your snark is ignored and I still press the question upon you to answer. And you cannot use "crystal ball" as your answer. I need normal details of the explanation for waiting 9 years...you know...if you are so concerned about the problem.

The problem for you is that Oprah didn't bring it up. Oprah didn't publicize what happened or her role in it at all. In Touch magazine broke the story.

You've made a lot of assumptions in your posts including accusing Oprah of leaking this story to the media. Oprah reported it to the police and cancelled the booking to have the Duggars appear on her show. She didn't do anything else. Hence there is no basis for a lawsuit.

Gays have grounds for a lawsuit against Josh Duggar, as do his victims when they come of age.

Josh Duggar attacked innocent gay men and women, as did his family. He should be ashamed of his actions in falsely accusing others.

No, I am sure there are handful other crackpots in the US of A that believes as you do but they are just as nutty. This story has literally has nothing to do with the SCOTUS and the upcoming ruling on gay marriage in June. This story is just another convoluted avenue for you attack gay marriage. I'll admit, it is rather funny watching you try to connect this story to gay marriage though. lol
Why did the Oprah folks wait 9 years until exactly this moment to blitz the story? Do you have an answer for that? You folks are complaining that the Duggar parents waited months before turning their son in and getting him help. But 9 years doesn't seem to bother you. Just wondering if you have an explanation for that?

They waited nine years b/c their crystal ball told them that the courts were going to take up a gay marriage. Those people sure are diabolical. What doesn't seem to bother you is that these assaults occurred. You categorized them as "sexual experimentation" in a cheap way to minimize his actions. You're only interested in whining about gay marriage considering you have failed miserable trying to link Josh Duggars' actions to gay marriage. They have nothing in common but that won't stop from using this as excuse if the courts do not rule in the way you wish.
The assaults bother me. What should bother you is that Oprah's people waited 9 years to shove this out into the MSM. This precise date. Your snark is ignored and I still press the question upon you to answer. And you cannot use "crystal ball" as your answer. I need normal details of the explanation for waiting 9 years...you know...if you are so concerned about the problem.

Oprah knew about this so many years ago. Why now? She too prop herself as a defender for Children. Obviously, she held onto information about the Duggars for 9 years what was she waiting for. I wonder if George Soros played a role in any of this.

The problem for you is that Oprah didn't bring it up. Oprah didn't publicize what happened or her role in it at all. In Touch magazine broke the story.

You've made a lot of assumptions in your posts including accusing Oprah of leaking this story to the media. Oprah reported it to the police and cancelled the booking to have the Duggars appear on her show. She didn't do anything else. Hence there is no basis for a lawsuit.

Gays have grounds for a lawsuit against Josh Duggar, as do his victims when they come of age.

Josh Duggar attacked innocent gay men and women, as did his family. He should be ashamed of his actions in falsely accusing others.

Josh never attacked gays. Now in what way did he attack gays?

Trying to deny them equal rights and implying that they'd abuse children. Funny thing, that's his thing.

Oprah knew about this so many years ago. Why now? She too prop herself as a defender for Children. Obviously, she held onto information about the Duggars for 9 years what was she waiting for. I wonder if George Soros played a role in any of this.
It was reported years ago, which is why she didn't interview them. The rumors have been on the web since 2006. This is not new, they were just hiding it. And the youngest sister, since she is still a minor, must have been five at the time he was feeling her up. Go ahead and defend that if you wish but I wouldn't, it's criminal.

....on the marriage equality issue, yes.

Which has nothing to do with Duggar sexual behavior.
...except that the Oprah franchise waited 9 years to bring all this up...and Josh Duggar headed up the traditional family outfit in DC...and at this precise moment in time is exactly when the SCOTUS is deliberating the gay marriage vs traditional marriage question..

...except for all that..
Sil, quit acting crazy. Oprah did what Oprah did, and Joseph got caught out. Don't diddle kids, Mr. Heterosexual, is the message to Josh and those like him.

"Oprah did what Oprah did" doesn't cut it. She waited 9 years to this precise moment in time to dethrone a leader of the traditional marriage group in DC and I'd like you to answer for why it's OK to wait 9 years when y'all were buzzing in anger that the Duggar parents waited just months to get their kid on the road to hopefully straighten up. Well?

You've made a lot of assumptions in your posts including accusing Oprah of leaking this story to the media
. Oprah reported it to the police and cancelled the booking to have the Duggars appear on her show. She didn't do anything else. Hence there is no basis for a lawsuit.

Have you read the OP? I made those corrections the first day I posted this. The question is if Oprah was so concerned about kids, why didn't she just publicize this or nudge Touch magazine back then. I'm more than happy to explore with you the questions of whether or not it was Oprah or Touch or anyone else who sat on this news for 9 years until this precise moment in time..

When you say Josh Duggar "attacked innocent gay men and women" are you referring to his simple stance protecting the defintion of marriage as man/woman? Since when is an cordial opinion an "attack"?

You've made a lot of assumptions in your posts including accusing Oprah of leaking this story to the media
. Oprah reported it to the police and cancelled the booking to have the Duggars appear on her show. She didn't do anything else. Hence there is no basis for a lawsuit.

Have you read the OP? I made those corrections the first day I posted this. The question is if Oprah was so concerned about kids, why didn't she just publicize this or nudge Touch magazine back then. I'm more than happy to explore with you the questions of whether or not it was Oprah or Touch or anyone else who sat on this news for 9 years until this precise moment in time..

When you say Josh Duggar "attacked innocent gay men and women" are you referring to his simple stance protecting the defintion of marriage as man/woman? Since when is an cordial opinion an "attack"?
Oprah didn't sit on the news, dumbshit. That's why the police investigated, many years ago.

"Dec. 7, 2006: An anonymous tipster calls the Arkansas Child Abuse Hotline, 3½ years after the first time the alleged offense was brought to police. Springdale Police reach out to the Duggar family to schedule interviews to investigate and are told that the family is in Chicago until Dec. 11.

On the same day, an anonymous source sends an e-mail to Harpo Studios in Chicago. The e-mail seeks to warn Oprah Winfrey’s television program against airing a scheduled interview with the family because of the allegations. The producers of Oprah’s show passed along the e-mail to law enforcement."

A timeline of the molestation allegations against Josh Duggar - The Washington Post

Who gives a shit what Josh Duggar's opinion is on gay marriage? He's a 5 time sex offender, unless there's more we don't know about. Who the hell does he or that family think they are to claim such high moral ground? Fuck them.

Have you read the OP? I made those corrections the first day I posted this. The question is if Oprah was so concerned about kids, why didn't she just publicize this or nudge Touch magazine back then. I'm more than happy to explore with you the questions of whether or not it was Oprah or Touch or anyone else who sat on this news for 9 years until this precise moment in time.

I quoted your post of today where you said that Oprah sat on the story for nine years and just released it now. She reported it to the police 9 years ago. It was not Oprah who told In Touch magazine about this story. It is because of Josh's attacks on gays that this has become a major story now. When someone who molests children starts falsely accusing others of molesting children, it becomes big news.

Oprah didn't publicize what she was told because of concern for the victims. Since he molested his sisters, the victims are now known to the public, which is very unfortunate. Publicizing the story would have done nothing to protect those girls and the Duggars weren't reality TV stars at the time so the story would have been relatively small potatoes. It's unfortunate the police didn't do more to protect the victims, but they probably thought the Duggars were good people and didn't want to ruin this kid's life.

Josh Duggar's comments about gays are not mild criticism. He claims that gays are pedophiles who sexually abuse children and campaigns against gay marriage because it will lead to child abuse.

Trying to deny them equal rights and implying that they'd abuse children. Funny thing, that's his thing.

Being oppose to gay marriage is denying rights? Your dumb as a bag of rocks.
Who gives a shit what Josh Duggar's opinion is on gay marriage? He's a 5 time sex offender, unless there's more we don't know about. Who the hell does he or that family think they are to claim such high moral ground? Fuck them.

Pot meet Kettle :blahblah:

Another idiot taking up for a sex offender.

He is not a sex offender.

We've always said these people had no morals, beyond circling the wagons, as this thread so clearly shows. They jump to the defense of a teenage child molester, sneaking into his little sisters' room at night to fondle them without their consent no less, in an attempt to protect Jesus and Family Values. The Jesus of the Bible would cast out these devils for far less. The Duggars, and their supporters, are worthy only of Hell.

If you can't condemn child molestation, and those who cover it up, don't even bother pretending to be moral, you aren't.

Being oppose to gay marriage is denying rights? Your dumb as a bag of rocks.

He is not a sex offender.

He's a 5 time repeat offender/pedophile. They need to cancel the show. His parents are liars, and he's a child molester. I hope he spends the rest of his days looking over his shoulder. Disgusting people!

Forum List

Back