Should the Duggar Family Sue the Oprah Winfrey Franchise?

What's this all about? What would you suggest?

• It's a political hit. Duggars sue.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • It's a simple revelation. It's fair to use someone's juvenile record to expose and destroy them.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's a random revelation. Not sure if the Duggars should sue or not.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's a random revelation. But the Duggars should sue anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Correction: "In Touch" appears to have outed the boy's juvenile record. So apply all the questions and responses thusly. Moderator can/should change the title etc to reflect who is responsible.

A stunning and very alarming report has emerged involving the Duggar family.

According to a recently uncovered police report,
Josh Duggar, one of the many stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, allegedly molested five girls — some of whom, were reportedly his sisters — starting in 2002. He was around 14 at the time...
So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. And the father went to the police with the information and put his son through that and counselling too. Family ashamed, hesitant as to what to do/how to handle this boy's surging hormones and the girls who engaged with him too.. What a shocker. Newsflash, 14 year old boy can't control himself, gets in trouble with father/police. Has to go to counseling.

This is a smear story, of course. One wonders who it was who dug into the boy's juvenile record. Aren't those supposed to be sealed? I wonder who could be behind dethroning someone fighting for traditional marriage?

This will destroy the otherwise wholesome show "19 Kids and Counting" in more than just killing it on TLC, it will sully Christianity forever in the minds of millions of viewers. And this of course was the ultimate goal.

Christians aren't perfect people. In fact, they come to the church and cling to it because they know precisely that they aren't perfect and wish to improve their lives day by day under the watchful eye of God. You might have heard sermons referring to everyone as "a sinner"? That's because that's the premise that the entire religion works off of.

Meanwhile yesterday was "Harvey Milk Day" in California where millions of school kids were forced to idolize a serial pervert who, aging into his 40s, was preying on young teen boys on drugs, runaways, one after the other in a fixed and untreated, unapologetic, even boastful sexuality that's celebrated by LGBTs (the wolf pack almost certainly behind the Oprah franchise that exposed Josh Duggar) "across the nation and the world"..

If I was the family, I'd sue the Oprah Winfrey enterprise that "broke the story" for destroying Josh Duggar's reputation for what he did and was punished for/put into rehabilitation for when he was a juvenile. I wonder what Oprah did as a juvenile and how would she react if it was used to completely destroy her financial enterprise?

This is a hit while the US Supreme Court deliberates the gay marriage question IMHO. As if two wrongs make a right. Or some orchestrated "logic" to "deduce" that if any Christian has sinned in their past, that automatically makes their religion ruined by association. You cannot become a Christian unless you are a sinner. It's the direction they want to head, not the achieved goal that matters. The direction the LGBT cult wants people to head is "why bother? Just do what feels good at the time no matter what". I'm sure they'd make excellent institutionally-blessed "parents".. Much better to place a child in a family that would never turn them into police for sexual experimentation than one who would..

Interesting how all this was spurred on. Read this (it's almost always an anonymous source when this stuff happens...particularly troubling when it comes to exposing people from a juvenile record):

At some point after Josh admitted the sexual abuse to his family, the police report states, a family friend apparently wrote a letter detailing the entire scandal, the family’s involvement, and the alleged victims. That letter was folded up and placed in a book, which was eventually loaned to a member of the Duggars’ church, who discovered the letter inside.

2006: A source only identified as “a 61-year-old woman” emails Harpo Studios ahead of the family’s scheduled appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show and “warns” producers about Josh’s alleged sexual misconduct. From inTouch: Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen Reports

So if I wanted to completely defame a juvenile (or use the juvenile record of a person to defame them as an adult) all I'd have to do is write to the Oprah Winfrey Show anonymously and "warn" them about alleged misconduct of the target (while he was 14 years old) and that's it: destruction complete!

Yep, I think she'd be suing ASAP. What would you do if it was your son? Or you as a 14 year old?

No grounds for a suit. The allegations are true, not false, so no defamation/libel occured. And for the same reason a newspaper isn't prosecutable for disclosing classified documents, nothing Oprah may have disclosed exposes her to such prosecution either.
Unless of course they used sealed documents of a minor and that is against the law.

What has people angry with the Duggars and especially Josh, is that he has publicly opposed gay marriage on the grounds that gays molest children. First off the incidents of gays molesting children are very rare, but Josh, who really did molest children, says all gays molest children.

So he lied then and he lied now. The Bible says that only those among you who are without sin should cast the first stone. Josh should have kept his mouth shut other than to apologize to all of the gay men and women who have never molested a child and would never think of doing so.
This is the true agenda of the progressive attack machine....Twist it all on to making homosexual marriage seem normal...Not everything is about homosexuals you egotistical freaks

You should point that ire towards Silhouette b/c she is one that believes this story has something to do with gay marriage. It clearly doesn't but Sil has an axe to grind.

Correction: "In Touch" appears to have outed the boy's juvenile record. So apply all the questions and responses thusly. Moderator can/should change the title etc to reflect who is responsible.

Josh Duggar, one of the many stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, allegedly molested five girls — some of whom, were reportedly his sisters — starting in 2002. He was around 14 at the time...
So a 14 year old, a minor, was experimenting sexually with other minors around his age. And the father went to the police with the information and put his son through that and counselling too. Family ashamed, hesitant as to what to do/how to handle this boy's surging hormones and the girls who engaged with him too.. What a shocker. Newsflash, 14 year old boy can't control himself, gets in trouble with father/police. Has to go to counseling.

This is a smear story, of course. One wonders who it was who dug into the boy's juvenile record. Aren't those supposed to be sealed? I wonder who could be behind dethroning someone fighting for traditional marriage?

This will destroy the otherwise wholesome show "19 Kids and Counting" in more than just killing it on TLC, it will sully Christianity forever in the minds of millions of viewers. And this of course was the ultimate goal.

Christians aren't perfect people. In fact, they come to the church and cling to it because they know precisely that they aren't perfect and wish to improve their lives day by day under the watchful eye of God. You might have heard sermons referring to everyone as "a sinner"? That's because that's the premise that the entire religion works off of.

Meanwhile yesterday was "Harvey Milk Day" in California where millions of school kids were forced to idolize a serial pervert who, aging into his 40s, was preying on young teen boys on drugs, runaways, one after the other in a fixed and untreated, unapologetic, even boastful sexuality that's celebrated by LGBTs (the wolf pack almost certainly behind the Oprah franchise that exposed Josh Duggar) "across the nation and the world"..

If I was the family, I'd sue the Oprah Winfrey enterprise that "broke the story" for destroying Josh Duggar's reputation for what he did and was punished for/put into rehabilitation for when he was a juvenile. I wonder what Oprah did as a juvenile and how would she react if it was used to completely destroy her financial enterprise?

This is a hit while the US Supreme Court deliberates the gay marriage question IMHO. As if two wrongs make a right. Or some orchestrated "logic" to "deduce" that if any Christian has sinned in their past, that automatically makes their religion ruined by association. You cannot become a Christian unless you are a sinner. It's the direction they want to head, not the achieved goal that matters. The direction the LGBT cult wants people to head is "why bother? Just do what feels good at the time no matter what". I'm sure they'd make excellent institutionally-blessed "parents".. Much better to place a child in a family that would never turn them into police for sexual experimentation than one who would..

Interesting how all this was spurred on. Read this (it's almost always an anonymous source when this stuff happens...particularly troubling when it comes to exposing people from a juvenile record):

At some point after Josh admitted the sexual abuse to his family, the police report states, a family friend apparently wrote a letter detailing the entire scandal, the family’s involvement, and the alleged victims. That letter was folded up and placed in a book, which was eventually loaned to a member of the Duggars’ church, who discovered the letter inside.

2006: A source only identified as “a 61-year-old woman” emails Harpo Studios ahead of the family’s scheduled appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show and “warns” producers about Josh’s alleged sexual misconduct. From inTouch: Josh Duggar Accused of Molesting Several Sisters as a Teen Reports

So if I wanted to completely defame a juvenile (or use the juvenile record of a person to defame them as an adult) all I'd have to do is write to the Oprah Winfrey Show anonymously and "warn" them about alleged misconduct of the target (while he was 14 years old) and that's it: destruction complete!

Yep, I think she'd be suing ASAP. What would you do if it was your son? Or you as a 14 year old?

No grounds for a suit. The allegations are true, not false, so no defamation/libel occured. And for the same reason a newspaper isn't prosecutable for disclosing classified documents, nothing Oprah may have disclosed exposes her to such prosecution either.
Unless of course they used sealed documents of a minor and that is against the law.

Not sure in the case of a media entity. Especially in light of Josh Duggar's public confirmation of the incidents.

Not sure in the case of a media entity. Especially in light of Josh Duggar's public confirmation of the incidents.
The media is not above the law .

You should point that ire towards Silhouette b/c she is one that believes this story has something to do with gay marriage. It clearly doesn't but Sil has an axe to grind.

Yeah, I'm the ONLY one in the US of A who thinks the carefully orchestrated timing of this story, falling RIGHT when SCOTUS is deliberating gay marriage forced upon a majority traditional culture without their consent, has anything to do with gay marriage... Given that Josh Duggar headed up the traditional family outfit in DC..yeah, just a pure coincidence I'm sure.. :lmao:

Why the gap in time from the Oprah Winfrey show's "anonymous tip" about the "unseen letter" that directed people to open a new inquiry about Josh Duggar's juvenile record? Why know about it in 2006 and then pump the media machine only upon May 2015? That's a 9 year difference. Did Oprah cut a deal with TLC to wait? They could make money off the show, knowing all the while where the gallows this family was being led to? I'd sure like to know about why that 9 year lapse happened.

Anyone?

Yeah, I'm the ONLY one in the US of A who thinks the carefully orchestrated timing of this story, falling RIGHT when SCOTUS is deliberating gay marriage forced upon a majority traditional culture without their consent, has anything to do with gay marriage... Given that Josh Duggar headed up the traditional family outfit in DC..yeah, just a pure coincidence I'm sure.. :lmao:

Why the gap in time from the Oprah Winfrey show's "anonymous tip" about the "unseen letter" that directed people to open a new inquiry about Josh Duggar's juvenile record? Why know about it in 2006 and then pump the media machine only upon May 2015? That's a 9 year difference. Did Oprah cut a deal with TLC to wait? They could make money off the show, knowing all the while where the gallows this family was being led to? I'd sure like to know about why that 9 year lapse happened.

Anyone?

It was leaked that Mike Huckabee requested the judge erase Josh Duggar's records.
Vote for Mike!

Wearing pants doesn't make one a "slut." Neither does wearing sexy clothing. I guess you don't know what a "slut" is. Or maybe you do. Without them, you would still be a virgin, I'm sure. [emoji38]
Omg grow the fuck up. They wear dresses get over it. Not everyone has penis envy like you

Oh, so wearing pants means one has penis envy? :confused-84: Is that what you think of women who wear pants? That they are envious of your penis or something? What century do you live in anyway? Get with the times! This is the year 2015. We don't oppress women anymore here in America!
No I think hate filled bitches like you have penis envy .
What exactly is to envy about a penis? Explain that.
We know you spend your days trying to hide yours petey
Well, enough about YOUR fantasies, eh? :lol:

This is the true agenda of the progressive attack machine....Twist it all on to making homosexual marriage seem normal...Not everything is about homosexuals you egotistical freaks
Stop the troll flame and address the OP please. The Duggar family has far greater problems that filing a non-starter suit against Oprah. She will end up with the family franchise before its over.
No one cares what a liar like you says fakey
And more wishful thinking on your part....as you support a 15 year old who would diddle his kid sisters.

The media is not above the law .
But, to you, the Dugger molester is.

Do me a favor- wear a shirt that says that- just to alert women as to your point of view. Then it will just be a good example of Darwin's law if any woman is stupid enough to have anything to do with you.

Teaching my daughters that only assholes call women sluts is a very good thing.

Women need to know how to avoid assholes like you and Stevie the Racist/Misogynist/Antisemite like they learn to avoid stepping out in front of oncoming traffic
Hey bitch I am married and my wife agrees with me. We teach our daughter to have respect of herself and her body and to not be a slut. We also teach her that sex isn't everything. To bad sluts seem to think it is.

My sincere regrets to your wife and daughter.

Teaching my daughters that only assholes call women sluts is a very good thing.

Women need to know how to avoid assholes like you and Stevie the Racist/Misogynist/Antisemite like they learn to avoid stepping out in front of oncoming traffic
I am sorry but what ever gave you the idea that sluts are only women????? What a arrogant asshole you are.

What gave me the idea that sluts are only women?

The dictionary.

Your lack of vocabulary is not my problem

Dictionary
slut
noun \ˈslət\
Definition of SLUT
chiefly British : a slovenly woman
a : a promiscuous woman; especially : prostitute

The only person who would call a woman a slut is an arrogant pig- whom women should avoid like the plague carrier he is.
That needs updated

I am the one who not only knows what words mean- I am also the one who knows how to use a dictionary.

eaching my daughters that only assholes call women sluts is a very good thing.

Yeah, I'm the ONLY one in the US of A who thinks the carefully orchestrated timing of this story, falling RIGHT when SCOTUS is deliberating gay marriage forced upon a majority traditional culture without their consent, has anything to do with gay marriage...

yes you are- because to you everything is about your campaign against homosexuals.

You are a bigot- and you are insane.

Stop the troll flame and address the OP please. The Duggar family has far greater problems that filing a non-starter suit against Oprah. She will end up with the family franchise before its over.
No one cares what a liar like you says fakey
Trolling again with no comment on the OP. But you will learn. The Duggars are in deep kimchi with Oprah.

Sil is insane on the marriage equality issue, yes.

Which has nothing to do with Duggar sexual behavior.

....on the marriage equality issue, yes.

...except that the Oprah franchise waited 9 years to bring all this up...and Josh Duggar headed up the traditional family outfit in DC...and at this precise moment in time is exactly when the SCOTUS is deliberating the gay marriage vs traditional marriage question..

...except for all that..

Anyone?

No, I am sure there are handful other crackpots in the US of A that believes as you do but they are just as nutty. This story has literally has nothing to do with the SCOTUS and the upcoming ruling on gay marriage in June. This story is just another convoluted avenue for you attack gay marriage. I'll admit, it is rather funny watching you try to connect this story to gay marriage though. lol

No, I am sure there are handful other crackpots in the US of A that believes as you do but they are just as nutty. This story has literally has nothing to do with the SCOTUS and the upcoming ruling on gay marriage in June. This story is just another convoluted avenue for you attack gay marriage. I'll admit, it is rather funny watching you try to connect this story to gay marriage though. lol
Why did the Oprah folks wait 9 years until exactly this moment to blitz the story? Do you have an answer for that? You folks are complaining that the Duggar parents waited months before turning their son in and getting him help. But 9 years doesn't seem to bother you. Just wondering if you have an explanation for that?

Why did the Oprah folks wait 9 years until exactly this moment to blitz the story? Do you have an answer for that? You folks are complaining that the Duggar parents waited months before turning their son in and getting him help. But 9 years doesn't seem to bother you. Just wondering if you have an explanation for that?

They waited nine years b/c their crystal ball told them that the courts were going to take up a gay marriage. Those people sure are diabolical. What doesn't seem to bother you is that these assaults occurred. You categorized them as "sexual experimentation" in a cheap way to minimize his actions. You're only interested in whining about gay marriage considering you have failed miserable trying to link Josh Duggars' actions to gay marriage. They have nothing in common but that won't stop from using this as excuse if the courts do not rule in the way you wish.

They waited nine years b/c their crystal ball told them that the courts were going to take up a gay marriage. Those people sure are diabolical. What doesn't seem to bother you is that these assaults occurred. You categorized them as "sexual experimentation" in a cheap way to minimize his actions. You're only interested in whining about gay marriage considering you have failed miserable trying to link Josh Duggars' actions to gay marriage. They have nothing in common but that won't stop from using this as excuse if the courts do not rule in the way you wish.
The assaults bother me. What should bother you is that Oprah's people waited 9 years to shove this out into the MSM. This precise date. Your snark is ignored and I still press the question upon you to answer. And you cannot use "crystal ball" as your answer. I need normal details of the explanation for waiting 9 years...you know...if you are so concerned about the problem.

....on the marriage equality issue, yes.

...except that the Oprah franchise waited 9 years to bring all this up...and Josh Duggar headed up the traditional family outfit in DC...and at this precise moment in time is exactly when the SCOTUS is deliberating the gay marriage vs traditional marriage question..

...except for all that..
Sil, quit acting crazy. Oprah did what Oprah did, and Joseph got caught out. Don't diddle kids, Mr. Heterosexual, is the message to Josh and those like him.

Last edited:

The assaults bother me. What should bother you is that Oprah's people waited 9 years to shove this out into the MSM. This precise date. Your snark is ignored and I still press the question upon you to answer. And you cannot use "crystal ball" as your answer. I need normal details of the explanation for waiting 9 years...you know...if you are so concerned about the problem.

Is that why you have been trying so hard to minimize his actions by calling them "sexual experiments" and foolishly linking/deflecting this story to the court's upcoming June ruling? You are only crafting another one of your famous built-in excuses to comfort you if the ruling doesn't go your way. You've expressed more concern for the image of The Family Research Council than you have for the victims of his assault, so please spare us all you alleged claims of caring about and protecting children.

Forum List

Back