Should the New York Times Register as an Agent of a Foreign Person?

And the answer to your original question is YES, of course he is follow the laws on foreign owners

So is there grounds to question the neutrality of the New York Times as an agent of a foreign person who resides in a country that could lose billions in trade deals with the USA if Trump gets elected?

That PoS Newspaper is owned by a Mexican billionaire (Drug Lord?) Carlos Slim.

So has the New York Times been complying with this law?

Rupert Murdoch?

Not only is the Mexican required to register...as I read the federal laws, he may not own a media outlet in the US. Murdoch naturalized from Australia so that he could fulfill the requirements of law in order to own/run Fox News or "Newscorp" I think the parent company is called. But Murdoch has been accused of naturalizing in name only in order to provide a proxy for Prince Talal (Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince) to have huge influence over Fox News.

An American newspaper can't be owned by a foreigner outright. Or in majority share. Unless the laws have changed? These are national security laws with an obvious importance: to prevent "Tokyo Rose" type sedition, eroding the cohesion of the USA from within in order to weaken the Union and render her vulnerable to possibly the same outside interest holding the media outlet.

Divide and conquer media still goes on though. It's sedition. No matter what the excuse is for fanning the flames of civil unrest. Fox got up to that just after Obama took Office. Then they cooled their jets when I believe it was made clear to Murdoch that if he didn't want his citizenship stripped, his Glenn Beck/Palin subversion had to go.

Now we have MSNBC, beholden to a cult, sharpshooting republican Governors' careers right and left that don't put their jackboots on and walk lockstep with the Rainbow Reicht..

Last edited:

Doesnt federal law require agents of foreign entities to register and inform the public that they are said agents and therefore untrustworthy? But then, when has the New York Times been trustworthy?

Foreign Agents Registration Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Act requires periodic disclosure of all activities and finances by people and organizations that are under foreign control ("agents") of a foreign government, of organizations or of persons outside of the United States ("foreign principal"), if they act "at the order, request, or under the direction or control" of this principal or of persons who are "controlled or subsidized in major part" by this principal.

Carlos Slim is NOT a drug lord. He is a telecommunications mogul.

Rupert Murdoch?

Not only is the Mexican required to register...as I read the federal laws, he may not own a media outlet in the US. Murdoch naturalized from Australia so that he could fulfill the requirements of law in order to own/run Fox News or "Newscorp" I think the parent company is called. But Murdoch has been accused of naturalizing in name only in order to provide a proxy for Prince Talal (Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince) to have huge influence over Fox News.

An American newspaper can't be owned by a foreigner outright. Or in majority share. Unless the laws have changed? These are national security laws with an obvious importance: to prevent "Tokyo Rose" type sedition, eroding the cohesion of the USA from within in order to weaken the Union and render her vulnerable to possibly the same outside interest holding the media outlet.

Divide and conquer media still goes on though. It's sedition. No matter what the excuse is for fanning the flames of civil unrest. Fox got up to that just after Obama took Office. Then they cooled their jets when I believe it was made clear to Murdoch that if he didn't want his citizenship stripped, his Glenn Beck/Palin subversion had to go.

Now we have MSNBC, beholden to a cult, sharpshooting republican Governors' careers right and left that don't put their jackboots on and walk lockstep with the Rainbow Reicht..

It's all the same bit. Fox and MSNBC are selling the same perceptual reality.

I know he made a huge amount of money as a 'communications mogul' BUT can anyone prove he has not drug trade ties?

I am just asking this in the same spirit that he has had his reporters run their Trumps War on Women bullshit.

I know he made a huge amount of money as a 'communications mogul' BUT can anyone prove he has not drug trade ties?

I am just asking this in the same spirit that he has had his reporters run their Trumps War on Women bullshit.

I took the DNC Times to task for their Yellow Journalism, just as every other thinking person did. Even so, that doesn't excuse calling Slim a drug lord with zero indication that he is.

Back when I was a fledgling journalism student, the Gray Lady was the epitome of truth and wisdom....so we were told. Fact is that rag has been a viper pit of lies and sedition since it's founding. I openly asked for Dubya to send the FBI in there to seize their records and frog-march their editors out into paddy wagons when they printed a top-secret new battle strategy in Iraq. One can only imagine the intrigue they've been involved in since the Truman era....stinking communists.

Just to be clear, the New York Times is a publicly traded corporation. Carlos Slim owns a little less than 17% of the Times, all in Class A shares (which means he has little control over the corporate governance of the paper).

The only way that Carlos Slim can effect the paper itself is by voting for Class A board members, who make up less than a 3rd of the Board.

Just to be clear, the New York Times is a publicly traded corporation. Carlos Slim owns a little less than 17% of the Times, all in Class A shares (which means he has little control over the corporate governance of the paper).

The only way that Carlos Slim can effect the paper itself is by voting for Class A board members, who make up less than a 3rd of the Board.

So does that give the New York Times an out over registering as the agent of a foreign person?

And this kind of removes their excuse for being so heavily slanted against Trump. Now they can say Slim made me do it.

And what of their stupid slam on Trump this morning when he tweeted that he thought the French airline to Egypt that crashed looked like terrorism to him, and now dozens of authorities agree and the NYT editorial staff looks like a bunch of stupid fools.

Cant blame Slim and they gotta just own it?

Fine by me. The newspaper that defended Stalin's slaughter of millions should have died a painful death decades ago.

Forum List

Back