Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
A free press has done more to protect citizens from the government than the second amendment

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?

No president has the power you suggest, fool.

Your snideness kind of hit a wall at the first word you were replying to.

'Should'.

Try again. This time not being pointlessly dickish.

Your snideness kind of hit a wall at the first word you were replying to.

'Should'.

Try again. This time not being pointlessly dickish.
It's a dopey premise to begin with.
"should" he?
Of course not because it's not possible to begin with.
No president can "summarily dissolve" any media company.

I haven't seen that. Was it a joke? he is in the press, I really doubt he's advocating that. But hey one guy in the media out of thousands that supports Trump, holy cow, it's way too many!

Oh, no. Dobbs was deadly serious. He called for Trump to have the power to 'shut down' media outlets he determines are deceminating 'fake news'.

"And when I say shut down, I mean SHUT DOWN' was Dobbs summary of his position. He wasn't joking at all.

Trump praises Fox Business host who urged him to "stop fake news and shut 'em down"

And Dobbs isn't just some random reporter. He's an obsequious Trump supporter whom Trump has granted essentially unprecedented access to his administration:

"Donald Trump is said to love Fox Business star Lou Dobbs so much that he has him patched through to the Oval Office’s speaker phone for important meetings, undermining reported attempts to keep the president on a tight leash when it comes to information access.

Trump 'loves Fox’s Lou Dobbs so much that he has him participate in Oval Office meetings'

Kinda scary.
Well if he was serious, he is wrong. I don't' ascribe to that idea, but the media is very unfair and very partisan/ideological.

I appreciate you acknowledging that its wrong. I think so too. I would oppose any president trying to shut down a news outlet one the same basis.
Yeah I agree, I'm for free speech for everyone. The only things I don't like are threats, releasing personal information (the media released gun owners addresses before)//ironically people didn't mess with them.

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN this is wrong and I would shut them down for that. not cool at all. Same when Trump released Lindsey Grams personal phone number, that wasn't cool either.
How about lies? I imagine you don't like them either ,,,like Obama wasn't born in America?
/—-/ I don’t know where or when Obozo was born. Stating an uncertainty is not lying.

Last edited:
Is the press really the enemy of the people?

The press is supposed to reports the antics of the politicians without bias, not join one side against the other.

The mainstream press is completely in the Democrats' pocket. They are not doing their job but rather directly working for a party that is an enemy of the people so yes, they are an enemy of the people.
THE PEOPLE outvoted the scum trump by 3 million

Oh, no. Dobbs was deadly serious. He called for Trump to have the power to 'shut down' media outlets he determines are deceminating 'fake news'.

"And when I say shut down, I mean SHUT DOWN' was Dobbs summary of his position. He wasn't joking at all.

Trump praises Fox Business host who urged him to "stop fake news and shut 'em down"

And Dobbs isn't just some random reporter. He's an obsequious Trump supporter whom Trump has granted essentially unprecedented access to his administration:

Kinda scary.
Well if he was serious, he is wrong. I don't' ascribe to that idea, but the media is very unfair and very partisan/ideological.

I appreciate you acknowledging that its wrong. I think so too. I would oppose any president trying to shut down a news outlet one the same basis.
Yeah I agree, I'm for free speech for everyone. The only things I don't like are threats, releasing personal information (the media released gun owners addresses before)//ironically people didn't mess with them.

Newspaper sparks outrage for publishing names, addresses of gun permit holders - CNN this is wrong and I would shut them down for that. not cool at all. Same when Trump released Lindsey Grams personal phone number, that wasn't cool either.
How about lies? I imagine you don't like them either ,,,like Obama wasn't born in America?
/—-/ I don’t know where or when Obozo was born. Stating an uncertainty is not lying.
Trump lied He's an out and out liar

/——/ Lied about what? Only Obozo knows where he was born.

It was checked and double checked and still the scumbag trump wouldn't apologize

It was checked and double checked and still the scumbag trump wouldn't apologize
/——/ Yeah, sure it was. Why did his realatives and his bio say he was born in Kenya?

/——/ Yeah, sure it was. Why did his realatives and his bio say he was born in Kenya?
Oh bs You really think they'd ever run anyone not American born ?? Your friends would have wet their pants if there was proof of that bs

The press is supposed to reports the antics of the politicians without bias, not join one side against the other.

The mainstream press is completely in the Democrats' pocket. They are not doing their job but rather directly working for a party that is an enemy of the people so yes, they are an enemy of the people.

How many times shall I state its irrelevancy?

How many times shall I state its irrelevancy?
/——/ More times than grains of sand in the 7 seas. DemocRATs are that dense,

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?

Obama tried too. He placed illegal surveillance on a number of reporters including James Rosen of Fox News.

Surveilling a reporter isn't the same thing as shutting down a news agency.

No....it was much worse. Since you seem ignorant as to the facts of Obama's many illegal actions, here's a link.

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report

Key facts: "The Washington Post reported on Monday. The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday.

In a chilling move sure to rile defenders of civil liberties, an FBI agent also accused Rosen of breaking anti-espionage law with behavior that—as described in the agent's own affidavit—falls well inside the bounds of traditional news reporting."

Of course you lump any Trump Supporter with WP morons, because you need to vilify people who simply disagree with you.

It's the sign of a weak mind, one of many you display.

that is all your president dotard does, is vilify people who disagree or criticizes him. he becomes obsessed with his little twitter rants. & he sucks at creativity too.

Actually his best trick is driving morons like you batshit crazy/crazier.

That takes all sorts of creativity.

yaaaaa............. you go with that, martin....

This seems to be a pattern with Orangelings -
They simply don't care how batshit crazy this POTUS is becoming or how much damage he is doing to our democracy.
As long as it drives progressives crazy.
Sad :(

oh you know if that tape came out with him using that n word- his base would lap it up like the pavlov's mutts they are.
You fail to understand that Trump's base hears the whining cacophony of the TDS afflicted people CONSTANTLY and are learning with increasing precision to tune them out. You guys have screamed WOLF!! every time a chihuahua is spotted crossing the yard and everyone is tired of running to the window.

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

Revoking a security clearance has nothing to do with a free press.
Revoking a security clearance without valid cause because the President is butt hurt is a warning about saying un-nice things about him. So who is to say what he will try to do to the "enemy of the people" next?

Boo. freaking. Hoo.

When he starts putting these morons in camps then you will have a point. (it's sarcasm if you don't get it)

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

Revoking a security clearance has nothing to do with a free press.
Revoking a security clearance without valid cause because the President is butt hurt is a warning about saying un-nice things about him. So who is to say what he will try to do to the "enemy of the people" next?

Boo. freaking. Hoo.

When he starts putting these morons in camps then you will have a point. (it's sarcasm if you don't get it)
Trump is going after witnesses. Brennan, McCabe, Comey, Yates, Rice. All these folks have testified before congress and may be called upon to testify again. All these folks have the nformaton on the Russian attack on our. Election process and that information is classified.

Trump is trying to protect himself, not classified information.

Forum List

Back