Should the President...

Can the president dissolve a media outlet when that outlet criticizes him?

• Yes! The fake news is the enemy of the people

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No! We live under a constitution that protects the press

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

Revoking a security clearance has nothing to do with a free press.
Revoking a security clearance without valid cause because the President is butt hurt is a warning about saying un-nice things about him. So who is to say what he will try to do to the "enemy of the people" next?

Is the press really the enemy of the people?
This press is. it's biased and doesn't tell the truth. We don't get coverage of good things happening and they hate Trump to the core. So we don't' have a real free press at the moment.

So in your topsy turvy, upside down world -
Unless everyone agrees with Trump - then they are not a "real free press".

images
Nope, never said that.
The press has always been biased.
They gave Sara Plain a rectal exam, she was a VP nominee
They did almost no investigation of Obama, a Presidential nominee

They always give democrats a pass or benefit of the doubt, they do not extend that to republicans.
You know this, I know this. We don't have a free press, it's an arm of the democrat party.
Bullshit.

Dissolve? What does that mean? Is this some sort of fantasy post designed to whip up anarchy among the crazy profoundly ignorant left? The media is required to follow the law just like any other corporation as well as government FCC regulations but the President has no power to "dissolve" them just because they deal in fake news. .

Dissolve? What does that mean? It would be nice if the media behaved in an honorable way and the media has to follow the law just like any other corporation anas well as government FCC regulations but the President has no power to "dissolve" them just because they deal in fake news. .

BOOM - We have found our shameless Fascist! ^ :)

Do you think Obama would have closed Fox News if he could have?

NO
He seriously questioned getting Rush off the air though....LOL
No one's perfect, don't get mad.

Obama did NOT like the news coverage, neither did Bush, neither did Clinton. Presidents don't generally like the media because the media is like your fox terrier that is always sniffing and digging in the backyard ....annoying as hell. But they frequently find a bone. And Presidents hate that even worse.

Considering what Trump just did to Brennan.....I wouldn't put anything past that joker at this point.

Revoking a security clearance has nothing to do with a free press.
Revoking a security clearance without valid cause because the President is butt hurt is a warning about saying un-nice things about him. So who is to say what he will try to do to the "enemy of the people" next?
Let him take mine He's a stupid vile ignorant crook

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?

Trump ally and State media mouthpiece Lou Dobbs certainly think so.

And 43% of republicans polled felt the president should be granted the authority to shut down media outlets that are engaged in 'bad behavior'.

The authoritarian streak among republicans flows like a river.

Should the president dissolve media outlets that post criticisms of him? Should the president determine that a media outlet I see posting "fake news" and summarily dissolve them?
This is a strawman argument. Noone said to dissolve them.
They are killing themselves. They are overtly partisan and they don't eve try to hide it.
So in 2024, they will say the same things about the next republican, the cats out, cant put it back in. The press is leftwing and an arm of the democrat party.

Lou Dobbs, Trump ally and sycophant certainly did.

On air, on FOX.

This press is. it's biased and doesn't tell the truth. We don't get coverage of good things happening and they hate Trump to the core. So we don't' have a real free press at the moment.

images
Nope, never said that.

They always give democrats a pass or benefit of the doubt, they do not extend that to republicans.
You know this, I know this. We don't have a free press, it's an arm of the democrat party.
That's because it doesn't take a genius to know repub party is the party of only the wealthy ,that their patriotism ,fiscal conservatism their family values are ALL BULL SHIT
Ah, there we go. Atleast he admits it. That is not what the press is supposed to be doing. thank you for proving my point.

And 43% of republicans polled felt the president should be granted the authority to shut down media outlets that are engaged in 'bad behavior'.

The

The repub diarrhea river

They are killing themselves. They are overtly partisan and they don't eve try to hide it.
So in 2024, they will say the same things about the next republican, the cats out, cant put it back in. The press is leftwing and an arm of the democrat party.

On air, on FOX.
I haven't seen that. Was it a joke? he is in the press, I really doubt he's advocating that. But hey one guy in the media out of thousands that supports Trump, holy cow, it's way too many!

images
Nope, never said that.

Bullshit.
No it's true, just ask Edward......gotta stop those rich NAZI republicans, by any means necessary!

He has eroded the confidence some Americans have in institutions like the press and federal law enforcement. He has eroded American confidence in an investigation to determine how Russia has interfered with our elections.

BS. What he has done is placed a magnifying glass on issues that are clear to most Americans that were paying attention to them. Liberals, yourself included, contend the justice system is corrupt. Senator Warren just made that claim the other day. But SHE isn't "eroding confidence"...because you agree with her. In your eyes, she is just speaking the truth.

And that's exactly what President Trump is doing. You just don't like it when it erodes YOUR power in the press. The power to choose what is highlighted and what is ignored. The power to frame the narrative. The power to spin the news. And the power to influence listeners. That's the truth of the matter.

If our rolls were reversed, if the media was biased right, you would be applauding the President...just like when Obama attacked Fox News, wouldn't give interviews to Fox News, called Fox News fake, threw Fox News out of White House briefings, and investigated Fox News journalists...read their emails...tapped their phones. You were gleeful.

Now the worm has turned.

And the bottom line is, Trump wouldn't get traction if there were no there there. It's the fact that the MSM is now so overtly left leaning that destroys their credibility...not Trump calling attention to it. So, as usual...the left goes into hyper-hyperbole mode in an attempt to damage the messenger and protect their power.

It's just not working this time.

I've turned off not only the left leaning news, but the channels that supply that left leaning news. No NBC, ABC, CBS or Local Fox have been on in this house in over a year. No sports, no dramas, no comedies. They want to lean left...they have every right to do so. They also have every right to be called on it at every opportunity, and I have every right to turn them off.

And so does everyone else.

The President isn't forcing anyone to do anything. He is informing the public and allowing them to do what they see fit.

Last edited:

On air, on FOX.
I haven't seen that. Was it a joke? he is in the press, I really doubt he's advocating that. But hey one guy in the media out of thousands that supports Trump, holy cow, it's way too many!
The truth to a republican is like garlic is to a vampire

images
Nope, never said that.

Bullshit.
No it's true, just ask Edward......gotta stop those rich NAZI republicans, by any means necessary!
Do you really think all those media people ,all those who voted for Hill or against Trump are un american ?

On air, on FOX.

Oh, no. Dobbs was deadly serious. He called for Trump to have the power to 'shut down' media outlets he determines are deceminating 'fake news'.

"And when I say shut down, I mean SHUT DOWN' was Dobbs summary of his position. He wasn't joking at all.

Trump praises Fox Business host who urged him to "stop fake news and shut 'em down"

And Dobbs isn't just some random reporter. He's an obsequious Trump supporter whom Trump has granted essentially unprecedented access to his administration:

"Donald Trump is said to love Fox Business star Lou Dobbs so much that he has him patched through to the Oval Office’s speaker phone for important meetings, undermining reported attempts to keep the president on a tight leash when it comes to information access.

Trump 'loves Fox’s Lou Dobbs so much that he has him participate in Oval Office meetings'

Kinda scary.

On air, on FOX.
The truth to a republican is like garlic is to a vampire
Nope, I don't make shit up, I don't have to.

images
Nope, never said that.

Bullshit.
Do you really think all those media people ,all those who voted for Hill or against Trump are un american ?
what do you define un-American?
They do think that. which is why they don't think conservatives have a right to speak. They think republicans= NAZIS and NAZIS are not allowed to be heard......it's why they boycott everything and try to shout them out while eating dinner. the press knows this is bullshit, yet they do nothing about it. Then they whine about freedom of speech for Breenan....they are sick leftwing nutjobs.

Forum List

Back