Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The rich mostly benefited from themselves; their hard work, their extensive education, their risky investments.
Only in your fantasy land Ray. In reality they benefited from corporate welfare and cronyism.

Most don't get corporate welfare. Rich people themselves certainly don't; their companies may in some rare cases, but not their individual income.
Yes and they benefit. The tax system is also full of loop holes only the rich can benefit from.

You mean individual income? Such as what?
How the Mega-Rich Avoid Paying Taxes

That link listed loop holes that everyone can use.

You don't relate to how people with money feel, you can't even imagine.

The rich have benefitted most from government, they should be paying the most.

The rich mostly benefited from themselves; their hard work, their extensive education, their risky investments.
Only in your fantasy land Ray. In reality they benefited from corporate welfare and cronyism.

Most don't get corporate welfare. Rich people themselves certainly don't; their companies may in some rare cases, but not their individual income.
Yes and they benefit. The tax system is also full of loop holes only the rich can benefit from.

The tax system is also full of loop holes only the rich can benefit from.

That's terrible!

Do you have a list?
those loopholes are available to everyone, not just the rich

You don't relate to how people with money feel, you can't even imagine.

The rich have benefitted most from government, they should be paying the most.

That's terrible!

Do you have a list?
This one is funny.
Opinion| Stephen Prince: I own a private plane — I don't need a tax break to fly one.

Yeah you think the average worker is doing lots of income modification? You are funny.

That's terrible!

Do you have a list?
This one is funny.
Opinion| Stephen Prince: I own a private plane — I don't need a tax break to fly one.

not sure why he doesnt just ignore the law and pay more taxs

So which one of these can a non-rich person not do?
Just about all of them.

No, I read them, and there is nothing there that exclusively applies to rich people only. The only possible one is taking less in pay and receiving larger stock options. However if you are a company owner of any size, you can do the same thing, even if you make less than six figures.
Then tell me how you take advantage of those things.

I don't because it's not worth my time. I do have hundreds of write-offs every year. However most landlords do.

No, I read them, and there is nothing there that exclusively applies to rich people only. The only possible one is taking less in pay and receiving larger stock options. However if you are a company owner of any size, you can do the same thing, even if you make less than six figures.

I don't because it's not worth my time. I do have hundreds of write-offs every year. However most landlords do.
Right, it's only worth the time of the very wealthy. That is the point.

Just about all of them.

well they do pay far more than their fair share of taxs

Just about all of them.

Not when you calculate all the benefits in cronyism they collect.

I benefit zero from all the federal income taxes I’ve ever paid... Just like millions of other Americans

That's terrible!

Do you have a list?
This one is funny.

No one is forcing him to fly one.....or to write off the expenses.

Let's examine his complaint.....

Consider the costs of a flight from New York to Los Angeles. A CEO in a private jet will pay a paltry $525 in fuel taxes, according to a review by Bloomberg, while commercial passengers traveling the same route would be on the hook for $3,900. That’s because the private jet is only charged the fuel tax, while the commercial flier has to pay the fuel tax, passenger fee, excise tax, and other taxes and fees. By the time both land, the private jet owner will owe 87% less in taxes for the same cross-country flight.

The CEO paid $525, the plane full of 100 or more passengers divided $3900 between them.

So no list?

Just about all of them.

No, your point was that laws were written specifically for rich people. That's not the case which is why I questioned it. It may benefit them to use such loopholes, but that doesn't mean they aren't available to me.

For instance a company owner can write-off office space as an expense. Legally, I can do the same in my house. I actually have a room that I use specifically as an office, but it's not worth the time to do so. You can write-off postage for your business too. If you mail thousands of letters and packages every year, it may be worth your time. I can do the same, but my write-off would only be about twenty bucks a year or so.

Yeah you think the average worker is doing lots of income modification? You are funny.

You said only the rich can benefit. So you lied.

only in your mind,,,at the end of the day the wealthy pay the majority of taxs and the slackers pay nothing

Just about all of them.

No, your point was that laws were written specifically for rich people. That's not the case which is why I questioned it. It may benefit them to use such loopholes, but that doesn't mean they aren't available to me.

For instance a company owner can write-off office space as an expense. Legally, I can do the same in my house. I actually have a room that I use specifically as an office, but it's not worth the time to do so. You can write-off postage for your business too. If you mail thousands of letters and packages every year, it may be worth your time. I can do the same, but my write-off would only be about twenty bucks a year or so.
So they benefit the rich a lot and aren't even worth you time.

only in your mind,,,at the end of the day the wealthy pay the majority of taxs and the slackers pay nothing
Yes the rich are busy colluding to hold down wages so others have nothing to pay.

Like ray said, they aren't even worth his time. Doesn't sound like much of a benefit to workers to me.

Yes the rich are busy colluding to hold down wages so others have nothing to pay.
only in your mind

only in your mind
No, in reality.
Apple and Google settle antitrust lawsuit over hiring collusion charges

Like ray said, they aren't even worth his time. Doesn't sound like much of a benefit to workers to me.
well you do have the mind of a mouse

Forum List

Back