Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

The income above 10 million will be taxed at 70%.

Please vote in my poll.
Only if it is "EARNED" income. Dividend and capital gains wont fall into the earned income part, and most people who make over $10 million get it through options again not getting taxed as earned income. So this is all smoke and mirrors but supposed to make the petulant impoverished welfare queens and queers feel like she is working for them....

My earned income is around 30 thousand dollars a year. I have dividends coming in around $440,000 a year I only am taxed about $22,000 on that dividend income and $6,000 on the earned income.....See the difference?

How do you pay 5% tax on your dividends?
I do it every year...and not with the 1040ez

How? Nothing I've seen shows the dividend rate is that low. What's your secret?

The tax rate on imaginary dividends must be five percent.
Yeah, when you are a welfare puke like you, you can imagine all you want....

One of these far rightwing Modem Faulkers is lyin'!

#LOLGOP #toofunny #CLASSIC
Yup. If he made that much money he'd be having sex with 5 hot chicks at a time while eating caviar in a jacuzzi.
But He claims to be hanging out in USMB instead.

So you're just fine with the govt pillaging people's money. You have no problem whatsoever with a govt that spends trillions on failed foreign, domestic policies, endless wars, and then you expect them to take even more money and expect a different result? No thanks.
So does that mean you make $10M+ or what?!???

Only if it is "EARNED" income. Dividend and capital gains wont fall into the earned income part, and most people who make over $10 million get it through options again not getting taxed as earned income. So this is all smoke and mirrors but supposed to make the petulant impoverished welfare queens and queers feel like she is working for them....

My earned income is around 30 thousand dollars a year. I have dividends coming in around $440,000 a year I only am taxed about $22,000 on that dividend income and $6,000 on the earned income.....See the difference?

LMAO. I don't earn ten million dollars, but I do have a hell of a lot more than ten million dollars under management. Your claims are bogus.

One of these far rightwing Modem Faulkers is lyin'!

#LOLGOP #toofunny #CLASSIC
Yup. If he made that much money he'd be having sex with 5 hot chicks at a time while eating caviar in a jacuzzi.
But He claims to be hanging out in USMB instead.
Nope, I hate caviar, because it taste to salty, but I do like a great T-Bone steak. I am happily married and no thanks, having 5 dizzy chicks around doesnt appeal to me, because of all the airheadedness like liberals.

LMAO. I don't earn ten million dollars, but I do have a hell of a lot more than ten million dollars under management. Your claims are bogus.
Just because you are a lot boy at Walmart doesnt mean you have 10 million dollars under management.

Just because you are a lot boy at Walmart doesnt mean you have 10 million dollars under management.

Good one poser, but they call us cart-pushers.

I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

Please vote in my poll.

I guess none of your liberal elites told you that dividend income is already taxed income on the money earned by a "C O R P O R A T I O N", that employs sometimes thousands of people? Also that since this money is already taxed and the government "assholes" say that you cant tax the same money twice, really do tax it twice, because the government cant keep their hands out of other peoples money. So they dont tax dividend income at the same rate as "EARNED" income, like pensions and Social Security so only tax it around 5%. This is the dirty little secret of the liberals and their unions, because unions promise you lets say "$5,000" a month, for the rest of your life. It is taxed at 23% so $60,000 times 23% equals around $13,000 in taxes. While I make $440,000 a year and pay $22,000 a year. This is called "POWER", those that have it, get wealthy, because they are smart enough to avoid legally paying high taxes. Liberals in Congress do it, Jeff Bezos(110 billion dollar man) does it, why dont you? oh yeah, it takes intelligence, that is the power over the government...

[
Human intelligence is the intellectual power of humans, which is marked by complex cognitive feats and high levels of motivation and self-awareness. Intelligence enables humans to remember descriptions of things and use those descriptions in future behaviors.
Intelligence - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_behaviour

I guess none of your liberal elites told you that dividend income is already taxed income on the money earned by a "C O R P O R A T I O N", that employs sometimes thousands of people?

I mock liberal elites constantly. And double taxation of dividends sucks.

So they dont tax dividend income at the same rate as "EARNED" income

I never said they did.

like pensions and Social Security so only tax it around 5%.

So you said. Can you prove it?
I apologize for being a rumpuss, I have been a little irate with the liberals on this board, and got you confused with them. I posted above about qualified dividends that you have to hold long term, to get the low tax rates.

Hint: Anglo Saxons were Germanic pagans before they were Christians.

The United States was founded by the English. England was founded by Germans. Christianity is an African/Middle Eastern religion. It has nothing to so with the way Americans think. The Bible is chock full of left wing principles.

Independence, strength, self reliance and survival are all attributes celebrated in the Germanic/Anglo Saxon tradition. Thousands of years of culture runs through the veins of a large portion of modern Americans. These attributes promote a right wing ideological view of government's role. The Bible was introduced to the pagans. It didn't erase who they are as a people. There is only one verse in the Bible that is ever used by conservatives to promote right wing ideology. However, there are more than one verse in the Bible. The entire section of the prophets tells of God's anger for nations who do not take care of their poor.

Anglo Saxons hi-jacked the Bible. That is the English way. Take, conquer, survive and succeed. Did you know that the English is designed in such a way that you can steal words from other languages? You can tell a lot of people by their language.

Yes. The Bible discourages massive wealth. Yes. The Bible encourages nations to have a welfare system. It is a shame that so many people like to hold Bibles but nobody wants to read one.

Good one poser, but they call us cart-pushers.
Yes, that is the political correctness term for that job. Lot boy is gender specific and I did see just the other day a very attractive cart pusher of the feminine persuasion...

The United States was founded by the English. England was founded by Germans. Christianity is an African/Middle Eastern religion. It has nothing to so with the way Americans think. The Bible is chock full of left wing principles.

Independence, strength, self reliance and survival are all attributes celebrated in the Germanic/Anglo Saxon tradition. Thousands of years of culture runs through the veins of a large portion of modern Americans. These attributes promote a right wing ideological view of government's role. The Bible was introduced to the pagans. It didn't erase who they are as a people. There is only one verse in the Bible that is ever used by conservatives to promote right wing ideology. However, there are more than one verse in the Bible. The entire section of the prophets tells of God's anger for nations who do not take care of their poor.

Anglo Saxons hi-jacked the Bible. That is the English way. Take, conquer, survive and succeed. Did you know that the English is designed in such a way that you can steal words from other languages? You can tell a lot of people by their language.

Yes. The Bible discourages massive wealth. Yes. The Bible encourages nations to have a welfare system. It is a shame that so many people like to hold Bibles but nobody wants to read one.
Oh, and you have access to unabridged text in the original language, huh?....No doubt you can point to the verse where it says "blessed are the looters, laybouts, and bureaucrats, amiright?

There ain't gonna be no tax increase for the filthy rich as long as Trump has a tweeter and a veto pen, so there!

Oh, and you have access to unabridged text in the original language, huh?....No doubt you can point to the verse where it says "blessed are the looters, laybouts, and bureaucrats, amiright?

Leviticus 19:10 only covers the poor and the immigrants. Bureaucrats are covered under Matthew 22:21. I think the looters and the layabouts are out of luck.

What have I said that is shocking? God vehemently warned nations to take care of their poor. Jesus vehemently warn rich people of their destructive ways. Just because you hate the Bible doesn't obligate you to become a liberal. You can still be a conservative. Most Americans of an English heritage are conservative. There is no shame in that. I was just pointing out that by Christian standards it is ethical to tax the ultra wealthy into oblivion. That's all I was saying. It doesn't obligate you to change your values.

Please vote in my poll.

Okay, there is one rule of thumb for low dividend tax rates. You must hold the stocks over a long period of time. If you day trade, you wont get the tax break.

Dividends that qualify for the lower long-term capital gains tax rates are called qualified dividends.
Qualified dividends were taxed at rates of 0, 15 or 20 percent through 2017, depending on your tax bracket. Then the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) came along and changed things up somewhat. The rates are still set at 0, 15, and 20 percent, but now long-term capital gains have their own tax brackets—at least through 2025 when the TCJA potentially expires.

Okay, there is one rule of thumb for low dividend tax rates. You must hold the stocks over a long period of time.

Only if you consider 60 days to be long-term.

The rates are still set at 0, 15, and 20 percent,

Yup. Still no mention of 5% rates on $440,000.
You want to modify your story?

Would your income be affected by Ocasio Cortez’s 70% marginal tax rate plan

No because I would be living in Fiji if that ever happened....
I think I would start getting a 10 million dollar RV, put my money into a swiss bank account, live off the land and let the shit government try to find me.

prevost-h3-45-liberty-coach-elegant-lady-2.jpg

Depending on one's tax bracket it's entirely possible to pay 0% capital gain taxes on long term gains.

That's just novice info and easily looked up

Okay, there is one rule of thumb for low dividend tax rates. You must hold the stocks over a long period of time. If you day trade, you wont get the tax break.

Dividends that qualify for the lower long-term capital gains tax rates are called qualified dividends.
Qualified dividends were taxed at rates of 0, 15 or 20 percent through 2017, depending on your tax bracket. Then the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) came along and changed things up somewhat. The rates are still set at 0, 15, and 20 percent, but now long-term capital gains have their own tax brackets—at least through 2025 when the TCJA potentially expires.

Okay, there is one rule of thumb for low dividend tax rates. You must hold the stocks over a long period of time.

Only if you consider 60 days to be long-term.

The rates are still set at 0, 15, and 20 percent,

Yup. Still no mention of 5% rates on $440,000.
You want to modify your story?
I have had Home Depot stock since 1987 very long term making 2.2% dividend income but only cost me $2.00 a share. I have been buying other stocks like Boeing in 1991 holding that dividend about 2.55% still long term. I have stocks that I bought just after the crash of 2007 but the average of all the dividends is around 5% taxes that was what I paid last year. Talk to a CPA if you want more understanding...

Please vote in my poll.
I finally earned $10 million last year, then I lost it in a poker game to a Lumbee Indian. (he cheated)

Forum List

Back