Should there be a transfer fee to every person sending money to their “home country” if they can’t prove they are here legally?

And yes the down size would be that international court which would sit above the supreme court for violations of this agreement both internationally and domestically... That is how these things get enforced..
That part was a bridge too far

I don't like violent people. You don't have to dehumanize them to stop illegals. When did your family immigrate to the US?
There is nothing to dehumanize illegal aliens by requiring them to remit a portion of the money they send home as a way of covering the tax burden they place on honest Americans.

My family immigrated here in the early 20th century, LEGALLY. Don‘t tell me you are trying to conflate my law-abiding ancestors -I actually have copies of their immigration papers, and eventually their naturalization papers - with the scofflaws coming in from Central America.

(Also, my family was fleeing antisemitism, and actually had grounds for asylum. They just went the ordinary way, though, through Ellis Island.)

Yes. Or have severe limits on the amount sent.

Where I used to work I can personally attest to mexicans and Nigerians who opted out of insurance because they got free treatment at hospitals, lived in groups in small places and sent most of their combined money back home instead of putting it back into our system.
Where I live, there is an enclave of illegals about five miles away. There is garbage all over the streets, beat-up cars parked on grass, and the public schools have dropped to a 2 rating. AND, when COVID first hit, their area had the highest rate of cases since they all lived crammed together.

In a friend‘s neighborhood, more than 10 years ago, there was a murder in one of the houses. They discoverEd that 15 people were living there, made up of three separate families. Imagine….15 people living in a four-bedroom house. All illegals, of course.

I really wonder how many American citizens have actually sent money out of the United States. Probably very few. I bet most of the money being sent out of California and Texas to Central America and Mexico is from illegals.

I really wonder how many American citizens have actually sent money out of the United States. Probably very few. I bet most of the money being sent out of California and Texas to Central America and Mexico is from illegals.

US citizens working abroad send money home all the time.

US citizens working abroad send money home all the time.
What part of the word “ILLEGAL” don’t you understand?

People residing here legally would still be able to send money home, as well. We would just capture enough money from scofflaws to cover their financial burden to honest people.

I think the problem here is that liberals can’t distinguish between people who obey our laws, and those who don’t. No wonder we have a massive crime problem.

That wasn't helpful.
you would have to keep up with what is going on in mexico. They call money send to mexico by mexicans in the USA ,remesas. remesas are mexico's biggest money sourse
That wasn't helpful.
you would have to keep up on what is going on in mexico. They call the money mexicans in the USA send to Mexico, remesas. its bigger then Pemex. Pemex installations are in dire need of upkeep and repair and plagued with corruption. In his latest morning press conference mexican President Obrar said that he is going to meet with bedpan joe. that he is going to asked Bedpan joe to do an immigration reform so more mexican citizens can cross into the USA and and work here. Mexican President Obrador seems to think he can demand immigration reform from Bedpan Joe.

It’s their money, that they earned. Regardless of citizenship, it is their right to choose how to spend it.
It does not help the USA, people sending large amounts to other countries. So you are an illegal alien supporter

Doesn't matter who they are even if it's an American citizen who was born and raised here. Sending money out of the country and away from the immediate economic loop bleeds wealth out of the nation. To compensate for that loss it would be fair and reasonable to take a percentage of it as a balance tax.
I agree.

Comparing them to bank robbers is asinine.
No kidding, we punish bank robbers while the illegal hordes are free to commit far more henious crimes like smuggling in fentanyl and child sex slaves. Every illegal that aids the cartels by paying them to get here, aids in all cartel trafficking.

Americans who work overseas send money home every day.
How many times do we have to tell you? Those Americans are in foreign countries legally.

We are talking about the illegal scum pouring across the border. Why should honest Americans have to be in the hole $160 billion a year for them? Why would you rather put the burden on honest people, and instead rally to the side of illegals who shouldn’t even be here?

Forum List

Back