🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

Thats exactly what it is. Paying a fee to express your rights.

Not a poll tax, sorry.

You most likely have already paid for the NICS background check whether explicitly or through the dealer padding the cost into the firearm.

If you want a fully automatic weapon you also have to pay additional fees and jump through real hoops.

There is nothing unconstitutional to require you to pay for basic firearm training.
I didnt call it a poll tax. I said it would be basically doing the same thing.

Right, you're still wrong.

I don't think the government would be performing the training so you'd have to go to a local gun range, or perhaps the NRA can train you, often these classes are free/cheap. A private business would make the profit, not the government.

This is nothing "like" a poll tax that people of color were subjected to you poor, poor victim.

Why is it your mission in life to prove how much of a dumbass you can actually be?

Poll taxes are just another thing you know nothing about. Maybe when you go back to get your GED you will learn.

Yeah, still not a poll tax. Maybe try a convincing argument next time.

Trying to convince a dumbass like you is a waste of time! Get an education and maybe you will see the errors of your ways.

Charging people to express rights arent the same because.....
Im not claiming victimhood. How ridiculous.
I cant even have a civilized discussion with you without you turning into a dumbfuck.
Good day

You are claiming victim hood when you compare the cost of a gun safety course to people who really did lose their rights when they had to pay a poll tax to vote.

I am having a civilized debate, your argument doesn't pass muster.

The courts made it clear that it was not the amount of the tax, but that a tax existed in the first place.

It's not a tax. Demonstrating your proficiency with a firearm before you buy one is not a tax.

It's just something I'm not going to do, because you have no right to demand it.

Let's not get overly dramatic, OK? I haven't demanded anything to begin with however if the government made this the law then yeah..you'll fucking do it if you want a gun.

But the criminals won’t.

And you solved nothing

Except looking like a pinhead.........

Again

1. You can own a gun, as long as you have training

2. You can vote as long as you have the funds to pay a tax

3. You can marry as long as you marry members of the opposite sex

Hmmmmmmmm

You can drive a car as long as you are licensed and insured?

Poll taxes are unconstitutional, believe it or not your third point is well...pointless since very few people care who you marry.

Has nothing to do with require firearms training to buy a gun which considering gun control laws in the past or currently in the books wouldn't appear to be unconstitutional at all.

I drive two regularly, neither are insured and my license is not required. Are you really that stupid you can’t read my post?

What's the matter, they don't let you off the funny farm?

Poll taxes are known as a hindering a right. There must be, according to the Supreme Court NO HINDERING ACCESS TO A RIGHT

It;s not a poll tax, I disagree with the premise.

That's because you are a dumbass! You disagree with what you don't understand.

Sill not a poll tax.

Sill is not here.

Who gets to certify the "mandatory training"? Would an 80 year old person in a crime infested area have to shell out $100 or $200 or even $500 for "training" when they could figure out how to load and aim a shotgun or a .22 in five minutes?
There is much to the decision on when and where to fire

Many innocent people have been killed

You are claiming victim hood when you compare the cost of a gun safety course to people who really did lose their rights when they had to pay a poll tax to vote.

I am having a civilized debate, your argument doesn't pass muster.

The courts made it clear that it was not the amount of the tax, but that a tax existed in the first place.

It's not a tax. Demonstrating your proficiency with a firearm before you buy one is not a tax.

It's just something I'm not going to do, because you have no right to demand it.

Let's not get overly dramatic, OK? I haven't demanded anything to begin with however if the government made this the law then yeah..you'll fucking do it if you want a gun.

But the criminals won’t.

And you solved nothing

Except looking like a pinhead.........

Again

It's not really about criminals, but you go ahead with that.

1. You can own a gun, as long as you have training

2. You can vote as long as you have the funds to pay a tax

3. You can marry as long as you marry members of the opposite sex

Hmmmmmmmm

Poll taxes are unconstitutional, believe it or not your third point is well...pointless since very few people care who you marry.

Has nothing to do with require firearms training to buy a gun which considering gun control laws in the past or currently in the books wouldn't appear to be unconstitutional at all.

I drive two regularly, neither are insured and my license is not required. Are you really that stupid you can’t read my post?

Poll taxes are known as a hindering a right. There must be, according to the Supreme Court NO HINDERING ACCESS TO A RIGHT

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

Are we playing dirty Jeopardy?

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

Well, I'm waiting for Admiral clusterfuck to answer the question.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.
Google it. It's not that hard to do.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.
I’ll do that when I get home. It’s not looking like HappyJoy knows WTF she’s talking about.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.
I’ll do that when I get home. It’s not looking like HappyJoy knows WTF she’s talking about.

Oh, I know what a poll tax is, I'm not the one who brought it up and I'm not in the mood to help Admiral clusterfuck out either.

But here is a hint, if you are capable of posting on this board then you are capable of looking up both the definition and history of poll taxes. #noexcuses.

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

If is a question coming from you, it is obviously a dumbass question!

Sill not a poll tax.
WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

If is a question coming from you, it is obviously a dumbass question!

You keep saying there is a poll tax here, explain it.

WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

WTF is a poll tax?

I’m asking a question.

Oh, I know what a poll tax is, I'm not the one who brought it up and I'm not in the mood to help Admiral clusterfuck out either.
We can chat more about your proclivities as we get to know each other.

Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

No, this is very much a gun rights issue. I used to agree with you and still think that everyone should receive firearms training but it should take place within the school system otherwise hostile levels of government can price that training outside the reach of all but the elite.

Here's an idea.

A licensed gun dealer offers a coupon for their state-accredited gun safety course if you buy a gun at their shop.

Here is a better idea. Adhere to the Bill of Rights.

I know I'm going to regret this but what is your definition of a poll tax?

That use to be a good way to keep the Negroes from voting. When they did away with it then more Liberals got elected and that was a bad thing.

Forum List

Back