🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

Sorry but the only permission I need to own a firearm is in the Bill of Rights. Nothing about having to meet some stupid bureaucrat's idea of if I am worthy or not.

That's what makes you a gun nut. Safety of others means nothing to you

That is what makes you an asshole. The Bill of Rights means nothing to you.
Think about it. This is not a gun rights issue. It all about safety. Would you really want your neighbor having a gun and no clue how to use it safely, or even hit what he's aiming at? We require drivers to take a driving test and get a license. Why should guns be any different?

BTW, I am totally pro 2nd amendment. I just want the ones who own those guns to know what they are doing.

Sorry but the only permission I need to own a firearm is in the Bill of Rights. Nothing about having to meet some stupid bureaucrat's idea of if I am worthy or not.

That's what makes you a gun nut. Safety of others means nothing to you

That is what makes you an asshole. The Bill of Rights means nothing to you.
Would you want a gun owner, who knows nothing about gun safety, living next door?

Nope...but if you give anti gunners the ability to set training requirements to own a gun, then you won't own a gun anymore....

Would they be willing to remove some of the current restrictions on the types of guns and accessories in exchange for the training? My guess is no, they would want more restrictions plus the training.
People should be allowed to own any non military firearm. I don't believe in any other restrictions...Other than knowing how to use them safely. Are you saying that gun safety classes should not be required? Do you honestly believe that anyone should be allowed to own a firearm, even if they are a danger to themselves and others? Is that what you want?

I had a 12 ga. shotgun when I was in the Navy. That makes it a military firearm. Are you sure you want to go there? Dumbass!
A shotgun is not a military weapon, dumbass!

Says who?

You? We all know you are a dumbass, so why should your opinion matter?

i carried a 12 gauge shotgun with a shortened barrel as a member of the ship's nuclear weapons security team. The shells were filled with lead fragments so they would not ricochet as much.

Sounds like a military weapon to me!

Can’t hardly remember the last time someone suggested eugenics.

That's even further proof that you are simply a dumbass.
Oh, you say smart people discus eugenics on a regular basis?

Yes, we do. We are trying to figure out how to clean up the gene pool by eliminating dumbasses.
Never mind, I just recalled where that was put into practice.

Congratulations! Maybe the dumbass shell is beginning to crack!
Yeah. Then
Can’t hardly remember the last time someone suggested eugenics.

That's even further proof that you are simply a dumbass.
Oh, you say smart people discus eugenics on a regular basis?

Yes, we do. We are trying to figure out how to clean up the gene pool by eliminating dumbasses.
Never mind, I just recalled where that was put into practice.

Congratulations! Maybe the dumbass shell is beginning to crack!
Zoze ver ze dayz.

...Well, all right, that sound a bit too complicated...
No more complicated than...

Class A license for automobiles

Class M license for motorcycles

Class C license for buses and straight-jobs and some panel trucks

Class D license for semi tractor trailers and above

... along with the various training and testing and renewals and auditing and registrations required for each.

All I'm suggesting is a basic gun safety course before purchasing a firearm. Just about anyone can pass one. If you can't, you shouldn't own a firearm. It's that simple.

Should people be forced to pass a civics test before voting?
Generally speaking, you walking in-and-out of a voting booth does not take human life.

Besides... if you want to graduate school, you're stuck taking a Constitution Test anyway, right?

You don't need to graduate school to vote.
True.

But most voters DO graduate school, so there's some considerable symmetry in all of that; despite the fact that it is not an absolute state of affairs.

The Republic is best served by an educated voting class.

The Republic is best served by a Militia Of The Whole which is required to be responsible and accountable with respect to lethal weaponry.

Lets mandate education before you vote.
As soon as the first uneducated voter accidentally votes himself or someone else in the head we will get right on it.

Now you have done it! Liberals will be out in force on election day trying to vote themselves or someone else in the head.
I've already said this once today but don't be stupider than you have to be.

Liberals do not believe that! They strive to be more stupid daily. It makes them more credible to other liberals.

So we don't require doctors to demonstrate basic safety and competency but how many people do they kill by making errors in medication?
We only require a college degree. I wasn’t thinking the gun education to be that extensive, more in the line of... well a drivers license?

I have two college degrees. Does that mean I can prescribe medication? Dumbass!
I don’t know - it would depend on your line of education, wouldn’t it?

How about my daughter who has a degree in biology and is an Army officer. Can she prescribe meds for her soldiers?
Perhaps if you tell her that you are sorry and that you really would like to be a better father you could ask her yourself?

I am asking you about your claim, not hers. Do try and keep up!

What will happen is places will make the class cost $400 and make you wait 2-3 months to take it after scheduling said class.

You simply can't trust a gun control nut.

What about the concealed carry permits already being issued? In Florida they require a basic working knowledge of pistols versus revolvers and a lot of common sense discussion, a trip to the firing range so that you can get a feel for it and then a pretty extensive background check.

What if we had a rule that a CC permit was required to buy an AR-15?

What I want is a nationally recognized CC permit so I can buy guns in other states without hassle and travel without the extra worry of differing state laws.

`

Sorry... I didn't realize that I was stepping in to a no-content flame fest.....

:smoke: carry on...​

Generally speaking, you walking in-and-out of a voting booth does not take human life.

Besides... if you want to graduate school, you're stuck taking a Constitution Test anyway, right?

True.

But most voters DO graduate school, so there's some considerable symmetry in all of that; despite the fact that it is not an absolute state of affairs.

The Republic is best served by a Militia Of The Whole which is required to be responsible and accountable with respect to lethal weaponry.

And most gun owners get training. So, we agree more than we disagree.

Um... My opinion is that a no content flame fest is a waste of my time.

Would they be willing to remove some of the current restrictions on the types of guns and accessories in exchange for the training? My guess is no, they would want more restrictions plus the training.
People should be allowed to own any non military firearm. I don't believe in any other restrictions...Other than knowing how to use them safely. Are you saying that gun safety classes should not be required? Do you honestly believe that anyone should be allowed to own a firearm, even if they are a danger to themselves and others? Is that what you want?

I had a 12 ga. shotgun when I was in the Navy. That makes it a military firearm. Are you sure you want to go there? Dumbass!
A shotgun is not a military weapon, dumbass!

Says who?

You? We all know you are a dumbass, so why should your opinion matter?

i carried a 12 gauge shotgun with a shortened barrel as a member of the ship's nuclear weapons security team. The shells were filled with lead fragments so they would not ricochet as much.

Sounds like a military weapon to me!

Was that the first time you ever shot a 12 gauge?

True.

And most gun owners get training. So, we agree more than we disagree.

We're called gun enthusiasts because we like handling them and learning more about them. So far one of my favorite classes is one that teaches how to carry and make sure that you stay out of trouble with the courts if you ever feel the need to come out of concealment. Concealed carry is a responsibility not to be taken lightly.

Right, you're still wrong.

I don't think the government would be performing the training so you'd have to go to a local gun range, or perhaps the NRA can train you, often these classes are free/cheap. A private business would make the profit, not the government.

This is nothing "like" a poll tax that people of color were subjected to you poor, poor victim.
Charging people to express rights arent the same because.....
Im not claiming victimhood. How ridiculous.
I cant even have a civilized discussion with you without you turning into a dumbfuck.
Good day

You are claiming victim hood when you compare the cost of a gun safety course to people who really did lose their rights when they had to pay a poll tax to vote.

I am having a civilized debate, your argument doesn't pass muster.

The courts made it clear that it was not the amount of the tax, but that a tax existed in the first place.

It's not a tax. Demonstrating your proficiency with a firearm before you buy one is not a tax.

It's just something I'm not going to do, because you have no right to demand it.

Let's not get overly dramatic, OK? I haven't demanded anything to begin with however if the government made this the law then yeah..you'll fucking do it if you want a gun.

No, that is not like a voter poll tax. Unless you want to count the price of the gun and ammo as a poll tax.
Thats exactly what it is. Paying a fee to express your rights.

Not a poll tax, sorry.

You most likely have already paid for the NICS background check whether explicitly or through the dealer padding the cost into the firearm.

If you want a fully automatic weapon you also have to pay additional fees and jump through real hoops.

There is nothing unconstitutional to require you to pay for basic firearm training.
I didnt call it a poll tax. I said it would be basically doing the same thing.

I don't think the government would be performing the training so you'd have to go to a local gun range, or perhaps the NRA can train you, often these classes are free/cheap. A private business would make the profit, not the government.

This is nothing "like" a poll tax that people of color were subjected to you poor, poor victim.

Why is it your mission in life to prove how much of a dumbass you can actually be?

Poll taxes are just another thing you know nothing about. Maybe when you go back to get your GED you will learn.

Yeah, still not a poll tax. Maybe try a convincing argument next time.

1. You can own a gun, as long as you have training

2. You can vote as long as you have the funds to pay a tax

3. You can marry as long as you marry members of the opposite sex

Hmmmmmmmm

You can drive a car as long as you are licensed and insured?

Poll taxes are unconstitutional, believe it or not your third point is well...pointless since very few people care who you marry.

Has nothing to do with require firearms training to buy a gun which considering gun control laws in the past or currently in the books wouldn't appear to be unconstitutional at all.

I drive two regularly, neither are insured and my license is not required. Are you really that stupid you can’t read my post?

What's the matter, they don't let you off the funny farm?

Poll taxes are known as a hindering a right. There must be, according to the Supreme Court NO HINDERING ACCESS TO A RIGHT

It;s not a poll tax, I disagree with the premise.

That's because you are a dumbass! You disagree with what you don't understand.

Sill not a poll tax.

Forum List

Back