🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should there be mandatory training before you can purchase a firearm?

You are mistaken. It is one very large stretch, from the "privilege" of hunting to the RIGHT of keeping and bearing arms. No. Nuh uh, screw that, and also piss off.

Not so much.......that hunter safety course includes gun safety as well because it's for those hunting Modern Firearm AKA guns.

To own a gun in this country you already have to get a concealed or open carry permit before being able to purchase one, regardless what you intend to use it for. With that requirement, would it really be so bad to also require a safety course taught by military or police before purchasing a gun. It's not taking away any right to own any gun on the market. But it is teaching people the safety and hazards of owning one.

Currently there is no training and people buy guns, but they don't have the first clue how to use it, how to clean it, what a 'safety' is or where it's located even. They don't seem to have the first clue how to keep those guns 'secured' from others or how to avoid accidents.

They just think it's good to have a gun, with some ammo and prop it behind the bedroom door and think it's all good. WRONG!

Do you really think the issue is ignorance, rather than simple negligence?

True enough about negligence being a contributor. A safety course would give some kind of heads up though

And do almost nothing of statistical value. Roughly 99% of gun deaths are caused by A. Criminal activity and B. Suicide. Neither will be effected by training.

The other 1% is caused by carelessness. Those folks won’t be any less careless because they went to a class or two.

So, if there’s a point to all this, except, wouldn’t it be nice, please bring it forth.

If nothing else, it could appease the anti-gunners and still allow ownership of semi-autos & bump stocks or anything else they're targeting for banning

I don’t negotiate my rights aware

It’s a fools game

Bring a problem that this will solve and we will talk. Until then, I’ve heard of no such problem.

So you’re for infringement. Got it.

No, I’m for educating idiots:

The minors “rights” are protected through the parent, or state appointed guardian.

Minors have diminished capacity, so not able to act in a reasonable condition”

Medscape: Medscape Access
So where is my 2nd right to own nukes or AA missiles?

And again with regard to age, it reads "shall not be infringed", which imo supercedes anything that comes after it, including an age restriction.
As a fact of law your opinion is wrong.
My point earlier on was to show that the NRA is a gun manufacturers lobby because they don't fight for your right to own anything other than a gun.

If you want to have a militia able to compete with a tyrannical government, then you need the same weapons that they have, which is what the FFs meant. So that means nukes, cruise missiles, the whole gang... That later on, a judge may have rules otherwise is also an infringement as should be struck down on principal.

Nukes are purely offensive. One does not defend self by blowing one self up.

Now, you seem to claim that the writers of the document, having just defeated an unjust government, would create a document in which........,

That unjust government would hold the very weapons that the citizens needed to defeat the unjust government, until the citizens requested them.

Quit acting like a child and you might stop being treated like a child.
Nukes are a defensive deterrent. And it's possible to set one off without blowing yourself up. Even a child knows that. And now so do you.

The minors “rights” are protected through the parent, or state appointed guardian.

And again with regard to age, it reads "shall not be infringed", which imo supercedes anything that comes after it, including an age restriction.

A nuke is not bearable
A suitcase nuke is, chemical weapons are, AA missiles are, mines are... And you're still not allowed to have any.

And FYI, no mention of it being only to carry. You lose, you infringer.

bear1
ber/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a person) carry.
    "he was bearing a tray of brimming glasses"
    synonyms: carry, bring, transport, move, convey, take, fetch, deliver, tote, lug
    "I come bearing gifts"

The UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT disagrees.

I know their qualifications, what are yours.
Which makes them infringers as well, so you're in good company.

My point earlier on was to show that the NRA is a gun manufacturers lobby because they don't fight for your right to own anything other than a gun.

If you want to have a militia able to compete with a tyrannical government, then you need the same weapons that they have, which is what the FFs meant. So that means nukes, cruise missiles, the whole gang... That later on, a judge may have rules otherwise is also an infringement as should be struck down on principal.

National Rifle Association

Should they fight for your right to own a car, an airplane, have abortions, something else?
EXACTLY! They are a gun manufacturers lobby.

Now, you seem to claim that the writers of the document, having just defeated an unjust government, would create a document in which........,

That unjust government would hold the very weapons that the citizens needed to defeat the unjust government, until the citizens requested them.

Nukes are a defensive deterrent. And it's possible to set one off without blowing yourself up. Even a child knows that. And now so do you.

You got your ass handed to you and you come back for more?

Ok, start building one and hope it doesn’t blow the fuck up taking out, not just you, but your whole damn “malitia”

Then report back. K?

A nuke is not bearable
A suitcase nuke is, chemical weapons are, AA missiles are, mines are... And you're still not allowed to have any.

bear1
ber/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a person) carry.
    synonyms: carry, bring, transport, move, convey, take, fetch, deliver, tote, lug
    "I come bearing gifts"

Which makes you an idiot. A lone idiot, but an idiot just the same.

You got your ass handed to you and you come back for more?

Ok, start building one and hope it doesn’t blow the fuck up taking out, not just you, but your whole damn “malitia”

Then report back. K?
"malitias", is that one of Obama's daughters? :lol:

A nuke is not bearable

bear1
ber/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a person) carry.
    "I come bearing gifts"

You have no proper response except childish insults. Got it.

A nuke is not bearable

bear1
ber/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a person) carry.
    "I come bearing gifts"

Describing a persons behavior is not an insult.

bear1
ber/
verb
  1. 1.
    (of a person) carry.
    "I come bearing gifts"

Well, if you want to look childish, then go right ahead, but it diminishes anything you say.

Should they fight for your right to own a car, an airplane, have abortions, something else?
Really?

NRA has never had any input into the firearms I buy.

(and I've bought a few)

They have, on the other hand, been involved in showing how to use my firearms safely.

Really?

(and I've bought a few)

They have, on the other hand, been involved in showing how to use my firearms safely.
You needed someone to show you how to point a gun and pull the trigger. Seems about right for you. :biggrin:

Really?

(and I've bought a few)

Full disclosure. I am not an NRA member. Never even been on the website.

But with all of Taz’s concerns about death, I’ll bet it hates the AAA cuz they are responsible for so many dead kids each year.

Well, if you want to look childish, then go right ahead, but it diminishes anything you say.

Tissue?

Really?

(and I've bought a few)

You needed someone to show you how to point a gun and pull the trigger. Seems about right for you. :biggrin:

nope, learned that when I was still in single digits.

the word you seem to have missed, is 'safely'.

.​

"Let's leave it alone ...

Cause we can't see eye to eye,
There ain't no good guy,
There ain't no bad guy,
There's only you and me,

... And we just disagree."

.​

I can see benefits.
Less accidents, higher awareness towards guns and their potential use - or miss use. Storage, effects of different ammunition, how to aim, reloading, fire under stress, how to take cover, suppression and well - basic usage of a firearm.
Also, armed citizens with training would pose an even bigger threat to criminals.

Although there has been some good counter points about the issue, I have to admit that.

I don't recall asking you to recite your fantasies and imaginings of benefits to me. I have asked, at various times, precisely what you think is taught in gun safety classes which will render some huge improvement, and to provide EVIDENCE that your proposals will produce substantial benefits without onorous restrictions. Your daydreams aren't evidence.
Those mandatory courses doesn’t exist yet. So I can’t know what’s in them.

Also, we can’t know what the exact result is going to be either.

But I can guarantee that education is going to result in educated people and that educated people tends to out perform uneducated people in their field.

There is no real restriction involved, this right is only going to get boosted by a mandatory education.

And for the record, you actually did ask me about my imagination:

You: “What is it you imagine is being taught, or would be taught...”

You again: “I don't recall asking you to recite your fantasies and imaginings...”

How is requiring an education to own a gun not a restriction? If someone does not get said education (or fails to pass an education course, one would assume), they are unable to own a gun.

Moral or not, legal or not, practical or not, it's clearly a restriction. Gun ownership would be restricted to those who receive the education in question.

I think it’s a solvable, practical problem. I’ve seen suggestions like using schools and organizations like NRA to distribute education.

In this question I believe the means matters less.

Again... there is no evidence whatsoever, that having educational classes, would reduce anything.

Accidents do not happen, because someone picked up the gun, had no idea how to work it, and shot themselves. No one grabs a gun by the barrel, points the handle at someone, and then fiddles around until they shoot themselves.

You said earlier that you have no idea what would be taught in a mandatory class, and thus can't provide any evidence of a benefit, because it doesn't exist yet.

That is the absolute dumbest answer I have ever read.

WHat do you mean they don't exist? They exist in every single state, across this country and outside the country. I know... I went to one. Manditory classes is required to get your CCW in the state of Ohio.

It was the most useless class of pointless Jepordy quality trivia in the world. Why? Because gun safety doesn't require anything beyond common sense.

Are you telling me that without a dumb instructor barking factoids in your face, that you can't figure out on your own, that you don't point a gun at people? That you don't pull the trigger on the gun, while you have the barrel in your mouth? That you don't wave the gun around randomly, while pulling the trigger?

Are you telling me that you can not identify the trigger of a gun?

Again, I was not even 10 years old, and they handed me a rifle at summer camp, and I started shooting targets with it.

My father was a police officer, and handed me his .357, and without any training, without some dumb class, I could figure out where to put my hand, where to put my finger, and where to point the long round end, with the hole in it.

The idea that you are avoid accidents, by having some instructor standing at the front of the class going "Do not point this at people"... which literally what the gun training course had to say about safety..... is INSANE.

This is like the drivers education classes. My instructor didn't teach me anything, when I learn how to drive. Absolutely nothing. He got in the car, told me to drive around, and then checked marked a list of obvious things..... like "stopped at stop sign".... derp.... "Went through green light".... derp derp.... "followed the speed limit" DERP DERP!.....

....sigh.....

I have this roommate from Bangladesh. Never held a gun before in his life.

He picked it up, held it with both hands, and shot a target at the end of the range with 20 rounds. No training. Never saw a gun in real life before.

Dumb education classes will do nothing. They don't do anything now. We're not talking about quantum physics. We're not even talking about 2nd grade adding and subtracting.

Literally my nephew turned 6, and they bought him a nerf gun. It didn't take a manual for him to be pegging his sisters with nerf darts. No one had to show him not to point the end with the hole, at his eye ball, or where to pull the trigger.

I don't know what you people on the left-wing of gun control, think they are going to put into a gun safety class, that is not obvious to a toddler. And if there isn't anything you can think of, then based on what drug induced fantasy, do you think there will be a benefit?

Allright, one long post in the essence that education regarding guns and cars are unnecessary. I beg to differ. We can leave it there.

OH taz, I live in a State that allows minors to own guns.

Just wanted to assure you that they exist. There are 30 of em
So I was right, an age limit is an infringement. Kids should be allowed to carry at school. It's the only way to be safe.

OH taz, I live in a State that allows minors to own guns.

Just wanted to assure you that they exist. There are 30 of em
So I was right, an age limit is an infringement. Kids should be allowed to carry at school. It's the only way to be safe.

Go ahead and work on that. I’ve posted about diminished capacity and you simply ignore everything, like a child crying.........

“But Mommy, I don’t want too.....”

Actually the child above makes stronger arguments than you.

Forum List

Back