Should we always believe women accusers?

Believing them has nothing to do with proving a crime.

You disprove a lie by proving you were never there. She still has to prove you did something to her.

Yeah, but you're still being forced to prove a negative.
No youre not. She is being forced to prove you actually did it to a jury of your peers according to the legal system in the US.

As she should be as the accuser
I have no issue with that. Stop trying to argue a non point.

If you have no issue with it why are you objecting to it?
I'm not objecting to it. Its just a non point because it has nothing to do with what I said.

Who the Dr. ? I highly doubt that.
Probably more like Ford saying that that's what she told the Dr.

I'm sorry that you're spoon fed, I just like to ask more questions to get the true facts.
More like the doctors notes have been released to the media.

I'm sorry you just parrot what you are told.
Why don't you post your source so I can read it. If you can't, then it didn't happen
Its freely available on the internet.
then it should be no problem to give the source YOU are citing. Thank you in advance
Theres a million sources. You can pick any you like.
So you got nuttin', huh? got it. :rolleyes-41:

More like the doctors notes have been released to the media.

I'm sorry you just parrot what you are told.
Why don't you post your source so I can read it. If you can't, then it didn't happen
then it should be no problem to give the source YOU are citing. Thank you in advance
I have something. You obviously have nothing because you are unaware of the facts.

I have something. You obviously have nothing because you are unaware of the facts.
If you had something, you would have posted it just to prove your right.

Should we believe men who deny these accusations? Women do not have much to gain by making these accusations and men have everything to gain by denying them. And yes, I've had moments in my life of being physically mistreated by men. None were ever put into a circumstance of being asked to confirm or deny it, but I think that they would have lied like fucking rugs.

Should we believe men who deny these accusations? Women do not have much to gain by making these accusations and men have everything to gain by denying them. And yes, I've had moments in my life of being physically mistreated by men. None were ever put into a circumstance of being asked to confirm or deny it, but I think that they would have lied like fucking rugs.

In an official capacity? Yes, if the accusers have zero evidence to offer, then the benefit of the doubt belongs to the accused.

And I'm afraid "It must be true, because why would she lie?" really doesn't cut it.

No. I am going to make you educate yourself. I am teaching you how to fish instead of giving you welfare.

No. I am going to make you educate yourself. I am teaching you how to fish instead of giving you welfare.
I googled it and found nothing but Ford accusing Kav. Nothing with regards to the Dr. releasing the notes.
I'm calling you a liar and am done with our conversation. You did leave your integrity at the door, sonny.

She confabulated the story in a therapists office in 2012. She actually does believe her own non-remembrance from 30+ years ago which is why she allegedly passed a lie detector test.

I googled it and found nothing but Ford accusing Kav. Nothing with regards to the Dr. releasing the notes.
I'm calling you a liar and am done with our conversation. You did leave your integrity at the door, sonny.
Google harder. Its none of my business what you call me.

I am not sure this is something that we need to have any view on until the trial and the evidence is prevented.
Making an accusation is a huge step for a woman to take.
Being accused is a nightmare for any man, especially if he is innocent.
In the UK the accuser is given anonymity but the accuseds name is made public.
The police do it for one reason. They hope to flush out other accusers.
I understand that it is difficult for women to come forward. But it seems that it can be one sided.
I would prefer both parties to be given anonymity until after the trial.
It may deter the very few fake victims.
In a case such as this how would the accused avoid being revealed? This possibly could hold up the confirmation.
I dont think that would be the end of the world. A few weeks or months isnt much if you want to get the right man.
I agree but what I mean is how would they explain the delay?
I would have a period of time where issues like this could be dealt with outt of the public gaze. So ,for example, after the politicians vote there is a mandatory 3 month period before the Judge could start work. That would protect everyones good name and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
The current position is that this lady is being torn to shreds by the frothers and the Judge will always have his reputation tarnished. Its not a great place for either of them.

The doctor showed her (his?) notes to the Washington Post.

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

Read down a little ways, and you'll see where the article says so.

I am not sure this is something that we need to have any view on until the trial and the evidence is prevented.
I understand that it is difficult for women to come forward. But it seems that it can be one sided.
In a case such as this how would the accused avoid being revealed? This possibly could hold up the confirmation.
I dont think that would be the end of the world. A few weeks or months isnt much if you want to get the right man.
I would have a period of time where issues like this could be dealt with outt of the public gaze. So ,for example, after the politicians vote there is a mandatory 3 month period before the Judge could start work. That would protect everyones good name and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
The current position is that this lady is being torn to shreds by the frothers and the Judge will always have his reputation tarnished. Its not a great place for either of them.
What about the publics right to know? In this case a public servant is being accused of sexual assault.

She confabulated the story in a therapists office in 2012. She actually does believe her own non-remembrance from 30+ years ago which is why she allegedly passed a lie detector test.

Please tell us how you know this?

What about the publics right to know? In this case a public servant is being accused of sexual assault.

Where is that right enshrined ? We are innocent until proven guilty and we also should have the right to anonymity until proven guilty in these type of cases. The publics right to know is secondary to those rights. In my opinion.
But if you ask me tomorrow i may feel differently.

What I do think is that the process of the law should outweigh any other factor such as a political appointment.

I understand that kavanagh cant stand trial for this now.

Please tell us how you know this?

I am a retired therapist. I was a damn good one that founded many a program in both the Govt and private sectors.
That's all you need to know.

Where is that right enshrined ? We are innocent until proven guilty and we also should have the right to anonymity until proven guilty in these type of cases. The publics right to know is secondary to those rights. In my opinion.
But if you ask me tomorrow i may feel differently.

What I do think is that the process of the law should outweigh any other factor such as a political appointment.

I understand that kavanagh cant stand trial for this now.

I see it as inherent in the political system we have in the US. How do I judge my representatives if I dont know what they are about? In order to hold them accountable i have to know these things and that comes via the press. Knowing what someone is accused of has nothing to do with if they are innocent or guilty. It has everything to do with them being a public servant. If you are a public servant I feel you should never have accusations hidden from the public.

Forum List

Back