Should we always believe women accusers?

I dont think that would be the end of the world. A few weeks or months isnt much if you want to get the right man.
I agree but what I mean is how would they explain the delay?
I would have a period of time where issues like this could be dealt with outt of the public gaze. So ,for example, after the politicians vote there is a mandatory 3 month period before the Judge could start work. That would protect everyones good name and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
The current position is that this lady is being torn to shreds by the frothers and the Judge will always have his reputation tarnished. Its not a great place for either of them.
What about the publics right to know? In this case a public servant is being accused of sexual assault.

Where is that right enshrined ? We are innocent until proven guilty and we also should have the right to anonymity until proven guilty in these type of cases. The publics right to know is secondary to those rights. In my opinion.
But if you ask me tomorrow i may feel differently.

What I do think is that the process of the law should outweigh any other factor such as a political appointment.

I understand that kavanagh cant stand trial for this now.

I see it as inherent in the political system we have in the US. How do I judge my representatives if I dont know what they are about? In order to hold them accountable i have to know these things and that comes via the press. Knowing what someone is accused of has nothing to do with if they are innocent or guilty. It has everything to do with them being a public servant. If you are a public servant I feel you should never have accusations hidden from the public.
I agree with you. But you have no say over Kavanaghs appointment.It will happen,or not, on partisan lines.
Can you turf him out if he turns out to be a baddie /

I would have a period of time where issues like this could be dealt with outt of the public gaze. So ,for example, after the politicians vote there is a mandatory 3 month period before the Judge could start work. That would protect everyones good name and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
The current position is that this lady is being torn to shreds by the frothers and the Judge will always have his reputation tarnished. Its not a great place for either of them.
What about the publics right to know? In this case a public servant is being accused of sexual assault.

Where is that right enshrined ? We are innocent until proven guilty and we also should have the right to anonymity until proven guilty in these type of cases. The publics right to know is secondary to those rights. In my opinion.

What I do think is that the process of the law should outweigh any other factor such as a political appointment.

I see it as inherent in the political system we have in the US. How do I judge my representatives if I dont know what they are about? In order to hold them accountable i have to know these things and that comes via the press. Knowing what someone is accused of has nothing to do with if they are innocent or guilty. It has everything to do with them being a public servant. If you are a public servant I feel you should never have accusations hidden from the public.
I agree with you. But you have no say over Kavanaghs appointment.It will happen,or not, on partisan lines.
We can punish the ones that allowed him to be confirmed.

You could always impeach him. A power we do not use nearly often enough, and rarely for the correct reasons.

False accusations of rape 2%.

It's an imperfect, unfair world. But that 98% needs to be protected.

30+ years later, with absolutely no evidence? What does she need protection FROM, at this point, and in this way, exactly?

Yes we should believe them until its settled in court or disproven with evidence prior to trial.
Aren't we supposed to prove a crime occurred rather than your supposition that we have to prove it didn't?

How do you disprove a lie? What if you really are innocent but have no alibi because you were home alone at the time of the alleged crime?
Believing them has nothing to do with proving a crime.

You disprove a lie by proving you were never there. She still has to prove you did something to her.
What if she's to ugly to rape?

Rape is about power not about if someone is pretty or not. Thats why some men rape elderly women.
Ya you libs have been raping this country for decades

Kavanaugh didn’t rape anyone

I think it is a tough question to answer...and the other half of it is how do you protect the rights and due process for the accused? Rape and sexual assault IS horrific...and so is being falsely accused.

I think it is a tough question to answer...and the other half of it is how do you protect the rights and due process for the accused? Rape and sexual assault IS horrific...and so is being falsely accused.

What we are seeing now is accusations for political weapons. The time for accusations seeking justice long passed in many of these cases.

So you got nuttin', huh? got it. :rolleyes-41:
I have something. You obviously have nothing because you are unaware of the facts.
If you had something, you would have posted it just to prove your right.
No. I am going to make you educate yourself. I am teaching you how to fish instead of giving you welfare.
I googled it and found nothing but Ford accusing Kav. Nothing with regards to the Dr. releasing the notes.
I'm calling you a liar and am done with our conversation. You did leave your integrity at the door, sonny.

The doctor showed her (his?) notes to the Washington Post.

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

Read down a little ways, and you'll see where the article says so.
I have to pay money to see the article. My question is if Ford actually called out Kavanaugh by name in 2012?

I have something. You obviously have nothing because you are unaware of the facts.
If you had something, you would have posted it just to prove your right.
No. I am going to make you educate yourself. I am teaching you how to fish instead of giving you welfare.
I googled it and found nothing but Ford accusing Kav. Nothing with regards to the Dr. releasing the notes.
I'm calling you a liar and am done with our conversation. You did leave your integrity at the door, sonny.

The doctor showed her (his?) notes to the Washington Post.

California professor, writer of confidential Brett Kavanaugh letter, speaks out about her allegation of sexual assault

Read down a little ways, and you'll see where the article says so.
I have to pay money to see the article. My question is if Ford actually called out Kavanaugh by name in 2012?
I already told you he was. There are free sources if youre werent too lazy to find them.

What we are seeing now is accusations for political weapons. The time for accusations seeking justice long passed in many of these cases.

But that is nothing new...it was done to Clinton, and others like Thomas.

And the thing is, in years past it was very hard for a woman to bring up charges. She risked hostility from her community, the man, her reputation could be publicly shredded. And she would be portrayed as at fault...most women did not want to go through that then. So what should she do, what are her rights and what are his rights and what do you do when it is for naked partisan purposes (something both sides are guilty of)? I don’t know.

Yes we should believe them until its settled in court or disproven with evidence prior to trial.
Why just this, and not everything?
Not sure what you mean? I tend to believe one side or the other in everything. Once I see all the facts I give myself permission to admit I was wrong in my belief or pat myself on the back for being correct.
I mean, why just here should we always believe them?

Female driver runs the red light and hits you...no other witnesses.

She says her light was green.

By your logic... since you cannot prove she is lying...you're at fault.

What makes this different?

Female driver gets her car paid for.

Left wing loon professor keeps conservative judge of the supreme court....maybe gets a less conservative nominee after the midterms.

They both have a reason to lie.

Not sure what you mean? I tend to believe one side or the other in everything. Once I see all the facts I give myself permission to admit I was wrong in my belief or pat myself on the back for being correct.

Left wing loon professor keeps conservative judge of the supreme court....maybe gets a less conservative nominee after the midterms.

As I pointed out men rape or sexually assault women way more than women rape or sexually assault men.

Should we always believe women accusers?

Should we always disbelieve them and convict them of fraud if they're not part of our political Bubble?

Like you did earlier today?
I expect evidence. again, as I stated in an earlier post, if you didn't report it, then I will never believe it happened.
You like evidence ?? Like Obama wasn't a citizen?? Face it jc you might have hated Hill but trump is a scumbag and a liar
Obammy isn’t a citizen.

As I pointed out men rape or sexually assault women way more than women rape or sexually assault men.

You're missing the point.

Why is this situation special.

Why should the female left wing loon automaticly be believed...but not the female driver?

You're missing the point.

Why is this situation special.

Why should the female left wing loon automaticly be believed...but not the female driver?
I disagree. Youre the one missing the point. I can tell because of the question you just asked. What does driving a car have to do with the fact men rape women way more often than the other way around?

Guilty until proven innocent, eh, Fathead? So when a cop says he fired, shot and killed an irate black man on the highway in self defense in fear of his life, we will apply your logic, BELIEVE THE POLICE, and leave it up to the deceased's family to disprove it in a court of law. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back