Should we reform our police to be like police in the UK?

Politicallyinsane

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2019
Should we reform our police to be like police in the UK? Probably the core point of this thread is should we disarm them.

Seeing what is happening to the Atlanta officer shows to me that there's never going to be any ability to use lethal force in self defense again for our police. So why even have an gun at all.

Should we reform our police to be like police in the UK? Probably the core point of this thread is should we disarm them.

Seeing what is happening to the Atlanta officer shows to me that there's never going to be any ability to use lethal force in self defense again for our police. So why even have an gun at all.
Shooting someone in the back isnt self defense.

Why not let districts and states decide?
Democratizing the schools, medical centers, businesses per district
along with the police patrols and legal representation
would solve other problems at the same time.

And stop this business of one group trying to dictate for all others
across entire states and the nation how they want to operate their
own communities, counties, and cities!

Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."
A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.
— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner

Forum List

Back