Should women stop rape with guns....? Since they actually work at stopping rape attempts?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well, allow me to answer for the anti gunners....no. Nothing is worth more than making sure people do not own guns...the odds of a woman dying in a rape are small so allowing them to have a gun is just dumb....besides...they can just get medical care and counseling...then they will be right as rain? Right? True...if a woman uses a gun to prevent a rape, the statistics show that that is the best way to stop a rape...over a knife, empty hands or screaming...but still...it is only rape...right...? And what are the odds that the rapist is also a killer....so why would she need a gun?

Here is a video of a victim who wants a gun to prevent the next rape...

Pravda West Renews Attacks On Rape Victims Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Most rapes are “strong arm attacks” that succeed primarily because of the very much greater strength of the attacker. The success rate for male on female rapes is above seventy percent. Unless the victim is armed. If the victim has a gun, success rates drop to the two to five percent range.

In a sane world, that would be a good thing. As millions of rape victims and their families can attest.

Yet Pravda West’s editorial staff does not want potential crime victims to be able to defend themselves. That puts the New York Times in the position of being “friends of rapists,” “friends of killers,” and friends of criminals of all sorts. It also puts the New York Times outside the pale of civilized society.

It is unfortunate that New York City tolerates such outrageous behavior from anyone, much less from an organization that is supposed to educate and enlighten the public.

This is the real war on women....and anti gunners support it...

Well, allow me to answer for the anti gunners....no. Nothing is worth more than making sure people do not own guns...the odds of a woman dying in a rape are small so allowing them to have a gun is just dumb....besides...they can just get medical care and counseling...then they will be right as rain? Right? True...if a woman uses a gun to prevent a rape, the statistics show that that is the best way to stop a rape...over a knife, empty hands or screaming...but still...it is only rape...right...? And what are the odds that the rapist is also a killer....so why would she need a gun?

Here is a video of a victim who wants a gun to prevent the next rape...

Pravda West Renews Attacks On Rape Victims Extrano s Alley a gun blog

How many antigunners do you encounter that even go there? How many antigunners do you encounter?

How many antigunners do you encounter that even go there?

Actually, they never go there because no one ever points out the logical conclusion to their belief about guns...

Their whole belief system supports this...ask someone who is opposed to guns...would they rather a woman use a gun to stop a rape, or would they prefer that she be disarmed....thereby allowing the rape to be completed....see what they say....

Now, from experience...they will say " a woman will just have the gun taken away." This is not true...the statistics show that it isn't true...but that is their first line....then they will go off on tangents....

Sounds like Billc's got both sides of this discussion covered. I feel like anything I say would be superfluous....and would go off his script.

Sounds like Billc's got both sides of this discussion covered. I feel like anything I say would be superfluous....and would go off his script.

Surprise me...

How many antigunners do you encounter that even go there?

Actually, they never go there because no one ever points out the logical conclusion to their belief about guns...

Their whole belief system supports this...ask someone who is opposed to guns...would they rather a woman use a gun to stop a rape, or would they prefer that she be disarmed....thereby allowing the rape to be completed....see what they say....

Now, from experience...they will say " a woman will just have the gun taken away." This is not true...the statistics show that it isn't true...but that is their first line....then they will go off on tangents....
http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/the-n-r-a-s-instant-classic-attack-ads/?_r=0

This is what you are commenting on. A damned editorial that Malkin, talking like she does with her head firmly planted up her ass, added her own commentary.

Surprise me...

A woman should use whatever means available to stop a rape.

I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe that going through a background check before purchase, or registering the firearm, will infringe on my right to actually own it, nor to use it against a rapist.

I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe that going through a background check before purchase, or registering the firearm, will infringe on my right to actually own it, nor to use it against a rapist.

Do you believe in concealed carry?

Do you believe in concealed carry?

Do I believe in the right of people to carry a concealed firearm? Yes.

After the background check and the registration.

Also, I'd like to see mandatory firearm classes and refresher courses every so often.

Not trying to be hostile...just wondering...what do you think background checks and registration will do?

Not trying to be hostile...just wondering...what do you think background checks and registration will do?

Make it more difficult for mentally unstable and/or violent criminals to have guns. And give police a fighting chance to trace a firearm used in a murder to an owner.

Make it more difficult for mentally unstable and/or violent criminals to have guns. And give police a fighting chance to trace a firearm used in a murder to an owner.

As far as background checks go...I would support them if they are instant and keep no long term records...you give them your name and social and they check...if no felonies come back and no mental health issues pop up...you get the gun and no record is kept. However, a lot of mass shooters passed background checks numerous times.

Registering guns...has always led to the next step...confiscation or preventing people from selling or gifting their guns to others...as far as solving crimes....a drug addict steals your gun, gives it to drug dealer for drugs...who sells it to a gang to use to kill someone....they do a drive by...and dump the gun....registering doesn't help. Even if they get the gun and the perp...all they need to do is ask the guy...where did you get the gun....from "john the drug dealer" they go and arrest John the drug dealer...since he is probably a career criminal who just sold an illegal gun to a another career criminal..

Registration doesn't help in criminal investigations...but it does sound like it is important, which is why it draws so much support from anti gunners....also, the most important part...it makes it easier to confiscate categories of guns and to limit the ability of a law abiding citizen to sell a banned gun or pass it on to family members...

Just some points on background checks and registration...

As far as background checks go...I would support them if they are instant and keep no long term records...you give them your name and social and they check...if no felonies come back and no mental health issues pop up...you get the gun and no record is kept. However, a lot of mass shooters passed background checks numerous times.

Registering guns...has always led to the next step...confiscation or preventing people from selling or gifting their guns to others...as far as solving crimes....a drug addict steals your gun, gives it to drug dealer for drugs...who sells it to a gang to use to kill someone....they do a drive by...and dump the gun....registering doesn't help. Even if they get the gun and the perp...all they need to do is ask the guy...where did you get the gun....from "john the drug dealer" they go and arrest John the drug dealer...since he is probably a career criminal who just sold an illegal gun to a another career criminal..

Registration doesn't help in criminal investigations...but it does sound like it is important, which is why it draws so much support from anti gunners....also, the most important part...it makes it easier to confiscate categories of guns and to limit the ability of a law abiding citizen to sell a banned gun or pass it on to family members...

Just some points on background checks and registration...

I appreciate your points. I would keep records of background checks, so that the seller isn't liable. And I never would try to say that it's a 100% defense against evil or sick people owning guns.

I am not interested in confiscation of guns, and would fight against that. But registration is important to me. You say it doesn't help in criminal investigations, but it certainly could, as another piece of information to be checked.

As for a law-abiding citizen to sell or give away a gun, I would want background checks for that, too.

Forum List

Back