Shut It Down!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Under FDR the nation had one-man government, euphemistically called the 'Imperial Presidency.'

We lost the Constitution.

We are about to see whether or not this nation becomes a one-party government....essentially a totalitarian monarchy.

1."Rubio: ‘I don’t think you can say you are against Obamacare if you vote for a budget that funds it’

2. WASHINGTON — Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and other conservative lawmakers sent a clear message to their fellow Republicans on Thursday: get on board with their strategy for defunding Obamacare or lose your conservative credibility.

3. ....I think it’s outrageous that the president and his allies are threatening to shutdown the American government if it doesn’t fund the Obamacare law.”

4. Rubio made the comments alongside other senators — including Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah — who have pledged not to support any resolution that continues funding the federal government if President Obama’s health-care law remains funded.

5. ....if this thing goes into effect beginning Oct. 1, with the exchanges and all the mandates that start kicking in, it will be do irreparable damage to our economy and to our country.”

6. ....Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn said last week. “It’s a terribly dangerous and not successful strategy.”
Rubio tells Republicans to get on board defunding Obamacare strategy | The Daily Caller

Is this a 'terribly dangerous' and failing strategy???

7. "...what happened in November of 1995 is very misleading.
Republicans certainly did not suffer at the polls. They lost only nine House seats, a relatively trivial number after a net gain of 54 in 1994. They actually added to their majority in the Senate, picking up two seats in the 1996 cycle.

8. More important, they succeeded in dramatically reducing the growth of federal spending. They did not get everything they wanted, to be sure, but government spending grew by just 2.9 percent during the first four years of GOP control, helping to turn a $164 billion deficit in 1995 into a $126 billion surplus in 1999. And they enacted a big tax cut in 1997.

9. If that’s what happens when Republicans are defeated, I hope the GOP loses again this year.

10. So what actually happened in 1995, and why do Republicans have such unpleasant memories?"
Winning the Government-Shutdown Fight | National Review Online

We are about to find out if there is any hope of a two-party system in the United States.

Under FDR the nation had one-man government, euphemistically called the 'Imperial Presidency.'

We are about to see whether or not this nation becomes a one-party government....essentially a totalitarian monarchy.

It could be argued that we're already there, Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch with a royal court complete with giant corporations, special interest groups, political class sycophants and legions of faceless bureaucrats. The only difference between what we have now and the European Monarchies is that we get the illusion of choice when it comes to which hand gets to slap us around and we get to desperately cling to whatever liberty hasn't yet become too inconvenient for our betters to suppress.

The government worshipers of course will strenuously object, since they've been so imbued with the doctrine of statist apologists that any deviation from the mode of ever growing and centralized power seems "radical" to them. They seem to be either unwilling or incapable of thinking this progression through to it's logical conclusion, even though history is replete with examples of what the end game looks like.

Just look at what's going on today, the citizenry is at war with itself over which hand of the monarch gives the less painful beatings and all the while the increasingly enriched ruling class is laughing their heads off at how effective their game plan is working out. We are very well advanced on our journey down the road to serfdom, welcome aboard and enjoy the view.

"Many now believe that with the rise of the totalitarian State the world has entered upon a new era of barbarism. It has not. The totalitarian State is only the State; the kind of thing it does is only what the State has always done with unfailing regularity, if it had the power to do it, wherever and whenever its own aggrandizement made that kind of thing expedient. Give any State like power hereafter, and put it in like circumstances, and it will do precisely the same kind of thing. The State will unfailingly aggrandize itself, if only it has the power, first at the expense of its own citizens, and then at the expense of anyone else in sight. It has always done so, and always will." -- Albert Jay Nock, The Criminality of the State

So, once again we have the radical right calling for the destruction of our economy because the insane political ideology is not being adhered to. These people are calling for the destruction of our nation in the name of some weird form of 'patriotism'.

So, once again we have the radical right calling for the destruction of our economy because the insane political ideology is not being adhered to. These people are calling for the destruction of our nation in the name of some weird form of 'patriotism'.

Our economy will be destroyed if Obamacare isn't funded ? :lol:

I think they should shut it down and not one of these, half-assed shut downs; cease all expenditures so military doesn't get paid, TSA shuts down the airports or people can fly carrying bazookas...no air traffic control, no border security.

I would love to see the GOP pull it off, get blamed for it, and the 70 crack heads here who defend them no-matter-what come back and defend them.

I think they should shut it down and not one of these, half-assed shut downs; cease all expenditures so military doesn't get paid, TSA shuts down the airports or people can fly carrying bazookas...no air traffic control, no border security.

I would love to see the GOP pull it off, get blamed for it, and the 70 crack heads here who defend them no-matter-what come back and defend them.

How is our economy going to be destroyed if Obamacare isn't funded ?

It could be argued that we're already there, Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch with a royal court complete with giant corporations, special interest groups, political class sycophants and legions of faceless bureaucrats. The only difference between what we have now and the European Monarchies is that we get the illusion of choice when it comes to which hand gets to slap us around and we get to desperately cling to whatever liberty hasn't yet become too inconvenient for our betters to suppress.

The government worshipers of course will strenuously object, since they've been so imbued with the doctrine of statist apologists that any deviation from the mode of ever growing and centralized power seems "radical" to them. They seem to be either unwilling or incapable of thinking this progression through to it's logical conclusion, even though history is replete with examples of what the end game looks like.

Just look at what's going on today, the citizenry is at war with itself over which hand of the monarch gives the less painful beatings and all the while the increasingly enriched ruling class is laughing their heads off at how effective their game plan is working out. We are very well advanced on our journey down the road to serfdom, welcome aboard and enjoy the view.

"Many now believe that with the rise of the totalitarian State the world has entered upon a new era of barbarism. It has not. The totalitarian State is only the State; the kind of thing it does is only what the State has always done with unfailing regularity, if it had the power to do it, wherever and whenever its own aggrandizement made that kind of thing expedient. Give any State like power hereafter, and put it in like circumstances, and it will do precisely the same kind of thing. The State will unfailingly aggrandize itself, if only it has the power, first at the expense of its own citizens, and then at the expense of anyone else in sight. It has always done so, and always will." -- Albert Jay Nock, The Criminality of the State

You make many very valid points. Our present circumstances, being instituted by a pseudo aristocracy disguised as a representative democracy, require that the average peon a.k.a citizen give serious consideration to accepting literal crumbs in lieu of actual benefits derived from societal participation.

Our ruling class has successfully engineered a decades long campaign to create division among the populace on the basis of economic class, race, gender, spiritual affiliation, ethnicity, financial status, religion, skin color, cultural identification, dominant eye, social groups, sexuality, dietary habits, and order of dress. All the while, using our eager partisan collective personality against us as they secure power and authority withe their Demorepublican Party ideology and shred the US Constitution right in front of our sad, helpless children.

Need I say more?

The author of this thread opposes 'one party government'?

I'm guessing that's a lie.

I'm guessing that's a lie because I'm guessing she wasn't pushing support for Democrats being elected from 2001 to 2007,

when the GOP had the presidency, the House, and the Senate.

Shut it down, re-from, then build the fence

-Geaux

I'm guessing that's a lie because I'm guessing she wasn't pushing support for Democrats being elected from 2001 to 2007,

during how many of the last 75 years did the GOP have the house, senate, and WH ? same question for the dems. Do you know?

look it up, and you will see that its quite clear which party is primarily responsible for the current mess in DC

don't expect an answer from any of our resident libs.

Republicans want to finish the job for their brethren, al Qaeda and the Taliban...

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

during how many of the last 75 years did the GOP have the house, senate, and WH ? same question for the dems. Do you know?

look it up, and you will see that its quite clear which party is primarily responsible for the current mess in DC

They all are. Like a Chameleon, they change ideals moving back and forth only to maximize votes at the cost of the American way.

-Geaux

At least someone is growing some stones in Washington. For too long pols like Boehner etc have been of the "make a deal" mindset where everything is negotiable. While some of that is necessary in a republic like this, sometimes core principles are at stake.
Obamacare is the worst program passed by the worst COngress and signed by the worst president in history. Even Obama admits parts are unworkable. And if Obama can singlehandedly delay implementation, which is a violation of his oath of office btw, then Congress can exercise their power and not fund the damn thing.

YUP.

We have an imperial presidency, now, without doubt.

Or so it would appear....

I was talking about shutting down the federal government; if it wasn't Obamacare, it would be something else. If the government jobs were not part of this economy (shutting down the government would erase those jobs) the economy would be destroyed.

The OP is a worthless political hack.

Your post has nothing to do with my post. That's one more manifestation of your stupidity I assume.

I was talking about shutting down the federal government; if it wasn't Obamacare, it would be something else. If the government jobs were not part of this economy (shutting down the government would erase those jobs) the economy would be destroyed.

Didnt you say the same thing about the sequester? How'd that work out?

Forum List

Back